1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Terrible movie/good movie. Don't rent this.. rent that.

Michelle Jul 6, 2008

1. maui4lowry

maui4lowry Zombie Eradicator Extraordinaire

Saw "Your Higness" this weekend if you like "stoner" comedies that are vulgar, profanity ridden, corny and down right awesome..then you too shall enjoy this stupidly awesome movie

2. Soup_Monger

Soup_Monger Should be a custom title here

"The Man From Nowhere"

A Korean film with quite a lot of knife action.

There are quite a few Korean films that I rate highly including Jee-woo Kim's

"A Bittersweet Life",

"I Saw The Devil" (Do not watch this one if you are not in the mood to be horrified and disturbed)

"The Good The Bad The Weird"

If you have not seen these films and want something different... I suggest you track them down.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2011
    Towelie likes this.
  3. Markous

Markous as a kite Brigade Member

Tonight i am thinking either Your Highness or Source Code :decisions:

For now though i might check out more than the first 10 minutes of The First Orbit it's free online and with footage from the ISS and audio clips from Gagarins Vostok 1 mission it seemed good just didn't have the time to watch it all.

4. Markous

IMO those two where funnier as Saul (Franco) and Red (McBride) on the other hand seeing Natalie Portmans ass in that mid evil thong on the big screen for those few fleeting seconds was quite impressive :devilzeek

5. Rat Finkenstein

Rat Finkenstein Finkenstein shit kid Brigade Member

6. BennytheBlade

BennytheBlade LUC4 JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

Hunter/prey was a decent "b" movie on Netflix right now.
    Reminded me of enemy/mine

7. Rat Finkenstein

Rat Finkenstein Finkenstein shit kid Brigade Member

8. Planterz

Planterz seriously nutz Brigade Member

I've read good things about this one. Comparisons to "Kickass" will be inevitable. Kevin Bacon is supposed to be especially good as a dick in this one (he's always good as a dick). Directed by the guy who made "Slither", which I enjoyed.

9. Stu

Stu Windswept & Interesting Devil Brigade Member

"Get him to the Greek"

Russell Brand (pretty much just playing himself, though he seems quieter since marrying Katy Perry) is always funny.

This tale of a record company exec trying to get hedonistic & irresponsible rock-star Aldous Snow from London to LA for a come-back concert is worth a look.

10. sandwich

sandwich Brigade Member Brigade Member

Did you end up seeing source code? It was pretty good I thought.

11. SugarSkull

SugarSkull Ring Of Bone

Blu Ray "Dark City" if you like Sci Fi or Fantasy.

Is good; ahead of it's time. :mabuse:

12. Markous

Not yet no, but i have heard nothing but good things about it i'll definitely have to see before it leaves the theatres.

ETA - Rotten Tomatoes has it rated at 90% and i put reasonable faith in their ratings so it's gotta be a good show.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2011
  13. SoCal Randy

SoCal Randy Champagne tastes, lemonade pockets

I've seen two incredibly shitty movies recently On Demand. The first movie you should steer clear of is Stone featuring Robert Deniro, Edward Norton and Mila Jovovich. I can't even begin to describe how stupid this movie was! I was duped, the trailer made it look pretty good. The second shitty movie was chosen by my wife, Black Swan. Maybe I'm just dense and didn't get it but, that movie was nothing more than a waste of my time! I did however see Source Code in the theater and that was definitely worth seeing!:thumbsup:

14. stronzza

stronzza Huge member

mila kunis going down on natalie portman was worth the price of admission.
    :RXX:

15. stronzza

stronzza Huge member

Gran Torino
    Charlie Wilsons War
    Fair Game
    The Next 3 Days

just recently watched and all really good.

16. firepowerfox

firepowerfox Foxy Devil Lady Devil

Well 2 movies I def want to see is Fast Five as I have always liked Vin Diesel and POTC On Stranger Tides with Johnny Depp. Has anyone seen the movie Water for Elephants? I know it is a going to be a tear jerker for me anyway.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2011
  17. englishmark

englishmark Wicked Gardener

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part one wasn't as good as what I thought it would be.............all the rest I thought were really good.

18. payaso

payaso Soothsayer

Fuck me, I was looking forward to that one, too. I'll check it out when it hits DVD.

19. SugarSkull

SugarSkull Ring Of Bone

THOR sucks..and I've yet to see it. :madaddy:

20. Towelie

Towelie The JD: Don't Forget To Bring A Towel Brigade Member

I found this site the other day and it's got some good links to solid movies onlineIMDB Top 250 Movies Online

I watched Hanna this weekend. I thought it was pretty good.

On Ratfink's word, ijust watched Old Boy. Holy shit I didn't see that coming. Goodflick.

I also watched Super. That was ok. I'm not a huge Dwight fan, but he was good. Ellen Paige is good too.

SugarSkull likes this.