1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

tears in heaven

*THE PUNISHER* Feb 4, 2013

1. Manganr

Manganr Devils Supermoderator Super Moderator

Strong and true words P.

Stay strong and true.

Ray

2. *THE PUNISHER*

*THE PUNISHER* ridge runner

I hope you're having one heck of a Birthday Celebration in heaven!! Tomorrow I will hold back my tears and celebrate you're amazing life! Though your departure was not welcome, your memories are comforting and give us all hope to one day again be with you, our dear friend. Love you Britta! Happy Birthday!!

3. Southern Cross

Southern Cross Level: True Devil

Though I have never known this...the worst pain anyone can endure...I like many have known the searing pain of deep loss. Thought I am sure these words will be of little comfort...hopefully they will bring you the tiniest bit of peace...

I have found that the wounds of loss never go away. The ones we love...especially family...leave such an impression on our hearts their presence remains strong even in loss. However...I have also found that those impressions...the memories over time slowly change from those dark moments of sadness...to memories that make you smile or laugh at loud...or as odd as it may sound snap you out of a bad day.

I was very very close to my grandmother. I had one of those funny, wise grandmas that always had the perfect bit of advice...the perfect words of encouragement...and chicken and dumplings so good they bring grown men to tears. She lived a long life...but the illness in the end was long and hard. The night before she passed I was holding her hand while she writhed in pain...calling out to me. That moment was burned into me...hearing her call out my name in pain. For years after she passed it was all I could think about. Every time I thought of her that moment pushed its way in the pain it caused was terrible. Now though...all I can remember are the good things...the happy moments...the countless family dinners with her at the head of the table telling stories. I can't clearly remember that moment she called out to me in pain if I tried. The good memories just pushed it aside and I smile when I think of her. I've had several similar experiences and each time that terrible pain of loss is slowly taken over by the good times...the good memories.

I hope in some small way this helps you and yours. No one deserves to face such a thing. I will be sure to send prayers your way.

*THE PUNISHER* likes this.
  4. *THE PUNISHER*

We miss and love you so much sweet Britta. I am so proud to call you my baby girl and even though today has been very painful we have celebrated your amazing life and will continue doing so well into the wee hours of the morning! We are watching videos of you now and will soon light Chinese lanterns in honor of you and sing your favorite songs on karaoke.
    There aren't enough words to describe how incredibly missed you are. There were so many different people honoring you today! Happy 26th Birthday in Heaven!
    [​IMG]
    upload foto

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2013
  5. *THE PUNISHER*

6. Clydetz

Clydetz Forever straight and true Brigade Member

That is a beautiful poem, *P*. Hope you frame it, hang on the wall and read it everyday and it comforts you.

7. *THE PUNISHER*

thx Clydetz

Coming here to his post comforts me.

8. Kelper

Kelper Penguin Egg Eater Lady Devil

Thank you for the links my friend.

I have read this and thought about it for a while. Loosing a beautiful young girl such as your Britta. So unexpected, makes me feel so very sad.

I lost my Scotty/SugarSkull July 29th 2012. I found my comfort in posting on what I call his thread. I feel your pain for I know that pain of loosing someone so special in your life.

The day or so before the funeral someone had posted the following that was also posted on this thread.

"Do not stand at my grave and weep,
    I am not there; I do not sleep.
    I am a thousand winds that blow,
    I am the diamond glints on snow,
    I am the sun on ripened grain,
    I am the gentle autumn rain.
    When you awaken in the morning’s hush
    I am the swift uplifting rush
    Of quiet birds in circling flight.
    I am the soft starlight at night.
    Do not stand at my grave and cry,
    I am not there; I did not die."

At the service those very words were on the card with his photo so I asked if I could read it after the Preacher done his bit. My friend Tim, stood beside me in case I could not continue to support me. I explained that these words were written on JD. Then I read those words. I did manage to make it through the reading.

I still have that card and those words in my drawer in my desk. It still breaks my heart to know that he is gone. I do not believe that those feelings of love will ever go away. Just over time I have learnt to keep a space in my heart for him. Try to stay strong and take each day a bit at a time.

Thank you for freinding me on here and on facebook.
    To you and your family my deepest sorrows on the loss of your lovely daughter Britta.

Rosie

9. dymond47

dymond47 Better than gold or platinum

keeping all with lost loved ones in my heart,thoughts,and prayers..

10. BruceB

BruceB Huge member

All our prayers go out to you and your family and your daughter. May God bless her and you.

Bruce

11. corjzg

corjzg Hittin' Switches

I never read this OP back in Feb, but I read it today. It's hard to put into words how you feel when you read this, even when you don't know the people involved. It still chokes you up and wrenches your gut. It makes all that trivial daily-life-BS seem so insignificant, because life can be so short and death is always so fucking unfair. It sounds like she was a great person, & I've never seen such amazing blue eyes. My close friend was killed in '99 at age 23 in a sudden accident. It just sucks.
    Belated prayers to you & your family.

"And ye now therefore have sorrow, but I will see you again, and your heart shall rejoice..."
    John 16:22

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2013
  12. Bruce

Bruce New Jersey's *other* Bruce

Wow, punisher, I didn't know about your daughter either until I read this post. My deepest condolences for your loss. :bruce:

13. Obijuan Kenobe

Obijuan Kenobe Our only hope! Brigade Member

I too missed this. Sheezus.

Having two little ones...this is simply impossible to comprehend/grasp/imagine.

Wishing your family peace,
    obi

14. *THE PUNISHER*

15. markandrex

markandrex Thunderstruck Brigade Member

Smoke and prayers for you and your family my friend.
    May Peace come to you all.

16. AradOnRadar

AradOnRadar Huge member

Condolences. Sorry to hear, brother. This hurts my soul.

17. bubba-san

bubba-san Katanakaji Knife Maker or Craftsman

This is the first time I have seen this post . May our Father in heaven
    sooth your sorrow and bless your childs sweet soul .You will see her again. God Bless . Bubba

Jesus said to her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believes in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

18. nostimos

nostimos JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

So sorry for your loss.
    My prayers are with you and your family.

19. Alabama

Alabama Average member

I'm so sorry for your loss. Wishing you peace and healing.

20. *THE PUNISHER*