1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Tanto Barebones?

AerialMorpho Jun 5, 2017

1. AerialMorpho

AerialMorpho Little Member

Have you guys seen these fucking things yet? I am so pumped, I can't wait to pick one up. I was just about to pull the trigger on a v1 barebones and then I saw the reveal on instagram, and boy am I glad I waited. I'm really hoping they softened that evil zen nipple (knowing BRS, I am sure they listened to the community and grinded that thing down a little.) Did anybody that went to blade this year get to flip one? I must know everything. My knife boner is the size of the Eiffel tower right now. Please do tell if you got the chance to hold one.

-Cole

begreen61 and desmodus like this.
  2. 13jasoN

13jasoN JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

It's a big improvement over the current one, in my opinion. Definitely interested in the trainer they showed too, wonder when that's going to be available.

3. Mike Smith

Mike Smith Little member JDBA Official Member

Me too. I herd the same thing that the new BB bali and trainer are better in fit and finish. Im excited about this also.

4. zephyr05

zephyr05 Little member Brigade Member

That thing is hot. I wonder if the AB will get a tanto blade option in the future.

begreen61 and Looseyfur like this.
  5. DarklightY2K

DarklightY2K Huge member

I got to flip both the tanto and the trainer at blade. Having flipped a stock barebones and a barebones with rounded handles, I'd say that they're quite the upgrade in my opinion. They seemed quite a bit lighter because of the weight cut off the blades, making them flip that much better. In my opinion they felt more like a rounded barebones than a standard. The tanto blade is slim but I think it adds nice to the aesthetic. The trainer is sweet! Right up there with the squid for best trainer I've handled, although I've never handled a Hom trainer.
    Just my 2 cents.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
    Looseyfur likes this.
  6. Looseyfur

Looseyfur OG Flipper JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

Thank you for the kind words sir(s). IMG_20170603_092508_689.jpg

keep em flippin!

7. zephyr05

Do we know pricing and release date on these?

8. AerialMorpho

AerialMorpho Little Member

I haven't heard anything yet. Maybe Loosey can drop a hint?

9. fogcreature

fogcreature JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

This is the first trainer I've strongly considered buying. It looks great and if my other brs stuff is any indication it's worth the money

10. zephyr05

Me too

11. emvaden

emvaden JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

I like the look of the original BB but I'm gonna wait for the tanto instead cause It looks sick as hell. How cool is it that Loosey dropped in with some pics? Really shows how much BRS is paying attention to what we think of their products.

fogcreature likes this.
  12. Looseyfur

Looseyfur OG Flipper JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

totally cool.

BadComrade and emvaden like this.
  13. SpydercoLover

SpydercoLover Level: True Devil

Was able to play with both at Blade Show and i prefer both of these to my original BB. They felt lighter and just flipped a bit better overall

fogcreature likes this.