1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Talk to me about shotgun shells

Krull Mar 11, 2014

1. TacoMan5000

TacoMan5000 TacoDevilMan

With any luck you will shoot each other before either of you reproduces.

2. IWantThatKnife

IWantThatKnife I want that knife Knife Maker or Craftsman

And just because you believed the BS

[RANT ON]you want us to believe the same tripe?

I spent 30 good years on active duty in the Navy then the Coast Guard and have spent more then a minute or two on Military Pistol and Rifle Ranges. I hate to tell you basement dweller that it is more then 99.999998% probable that the person who posted that is just as full of male bovine excrement - that's Bull Shit if you aren't sure what male bovine excrement is.

Removing the crimp from a shot shell, dumping the buckshot, and loading rubber slugs, aka LTL (less then lethal) isn't something that any Branch of any service's Range Safety Officer is going to allow. Shooting them at each other, and the vehicle, and buildings? That wouldn't happen either. You truly are naïve aren't you.

The first thing a sailor wants to do after a range visit is go back to the ship, shit, shower, shave, and go on liberty...no way would they engage in a rampant shooting party on an Army Base - they'd be locked up in the Provost Marshal's Cells begging the MPs not to call their unit...then the CO of their unit would send the meanest, badassed Chief Petty Officer, to make sure the dumb young Ensign the CO told to go with the Chief wouldn't piss his pants when the 1st Sargent unloaded on him about his sailors. The Chief would barely be able to hold back a big grin (behind the Ensign's back) showing his appreciation for the Class "A" ass-chewing the 1st Shirt was giving the Ensign. All the time, the Ensign's Army Provost Marshal 2nd LT is wincing in the pain that the Colonel is going to rain down on him for being a 2nd LT.

That sea story on the other forum? Never happened grasshopper.

If someone wants to tell you about cut shotshells...run from that as fast as your chubby little legs can run - those are ATF legal issues you don't want.

Listen Krull - I (and many others) have been members here for many years; we have (I can think of three people, myself included that have over 100 years combined experience in a combination of guns, the military, and law enforcement. There are many distinguished combat veterans on these forums, some of the world's best knifemakers, and a crazy Italian from New Jersey who has devoted a big part of his spare time (since no women seem to be attracted to him - he has the time to spare) to make "The Devil" one of the best websites around...don't fuck it up with inane chatter about setting the hills on fire with exotic shotgun ammo.

You mentioned "flechette shot" in one of you posts. It served only one purpose when it was made and issued in shotgun ammo and 40mm grenades - to kill the enemy viciously. There are surplus stores that actually sell milsurp flechette but you'd be asking to go be some badman's girlfriend at Club Fed if you made your own flechette shot.

If you ask for advice you will get it; if you make stupid comments you will get appropriate answers.

[/RANT OFF]

3. Rat Finkenstein

Rat Finkenstein Finkenstein shit kid Brigade Member

I thought he said flatchette, which is just a round that makes a farting sound.

fletchette rounds are not some sort of uber deadly anything, they were just for shooting through vegetation, and from what I have read, they really were only useful in the 40mm version.

Parker likes this.
  4. hot.soapy

hot.soapy Hot and Soapy Devil

its really about the load the choke or the shape of the brake actually when it comes to shot. thats an opinion I guess. What Ive read and limited experience.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2014
  5. Krull

Krull Legit Crybaby/Drama QUEEN

Sorry about the miss spell,some words I dunno how teh fuck to spell them.

And anyway you're the second guy to tell me they're illegal as I know you can buy them....

http://www.firequest.com/G12-015.html

THAT place has some utter retard shit if you buy into their hype,for fun? why not? I'd probably cut a few of those open before I shot them but within safe limits and and safe place to try them it'd be fun...and maybe informative.

6. hot.soapy

hot.soapy Hot and Soapy Devil

more mindless blather from the resident halfwit(looking at you trull) nothing you add is of any use, period.

7. Rat Finkenstein

Flechettes are not illegal.

Ha, banned. :unintroduced:

8. IWantThatKnife

IWantThatKnife I want that knife Knife Maker or Craftsman

without a raging debate….

Some states they are illegal.

9. Rat Finkenstein

It is well known that some states are simply retarded.

10. unreconstructedgordo

unreconstructedgordo Level: True Devil

I saw small staured folks shot with flettchetts a couple times from normal shotgun range. The wounds were disabling but were not fatal as they did not hit CNS , the Cong they hit were captured and not nearly as fubared as a .308 or 5.56 or even a .45acp! These were out of 40mm not SG but the same, I never saw a Flettchett 12ga. round in the Nam FWIW. Every one who used them in the M79 quickly got rid of them :ropeman: so all this leathality crap is just a bunch of urban legend as far as I am concerned. Fletchetts DO make good shrapnell for EIDs in crowds I've heard , but so do ball bearings! For that matter Claymore balls are pretty bad ass to 50 meters or so! :devilzeek
    Buck shot, well after EXTENSIVE SG training and experimenting and hunting I don't really trust it over 50 feet maximum . I know 000 and larger with tight chokes looks devastating and ole Leroy has killed a thousand deer and 600 pound hogs in swamps up to 75 yards with it :bwah: but the things I have shot with it bigger than a racoon or Coyote have NOT ALLWAYS, expired quickly even with quite a load in them. The couple things killed at less than 50 feet hit with buck have gone down pretty quickly, but not four feet in the air quick ! In self defense scenarios you are responsible for every projo you release and I just cant be 100% sure where they go with buck. :devilcorn:
    Now slugs, especially 12gauge ones are a different story! Every thing I killed with a slug went down quick if hit well and up to 50 yards they have been hit well these last 40 years. I have seen a human or two killed by slugs :devilzeek notice I said KILLED . I CAN be sure as I can be of slug placement up to 50 yards and can take a torso shot to 100 yards , in my guns. Friggin .73" slugs are devastating! So bad that the managed recoil ones (I like LEO Remington ones) at trans sonic velocity , dead soft fosters are the way to go because I can place them quicker and they have optimal human penetration with 1oz soft lead that flattens in the real world. That is why most lower 48 city PDs use them these days in the SG.Yeah I know this is not a "scatter gun " load that is gonna solve all your aiming problems and spray the foes with an unsurrviable load that overwhelms the nervous system , but hey it works for me and wonder of wonder is what Jim Cirillo found in many Stake out squad actual shootings. Buck shot has an advantage to be sure if you want a high probability of getting lead into a moving target at up to say 25 yards,max with even the latest super whoopy loads, but if you want certain instant stops in K zone hits the slug has it beat! Plus you will know where it went if you aimed. If you live in an apartment or town house maybe birdshot or better yet pepper spray is a much better option. :devilwag:

11. LWRC308

LWRC308 Little member

The shit this guy writes speaks volumes. He's like those fucktards you see when you're taking a carry permit course that show up with a Desert Eagle then try to feed a mag into the ejection port or something, all the while telling you about a 2' picatinny rail they're gonna throw on the side and this is the same gun Navy Seals carry. My 7 yr old daughter could preach guns to this idiot.
    [​IMG]

Anyway, the Ddupleks Hexolit is a wicked load. I don't know about home defense...maybe behind some 4 shot or something, but really devastating stuff.
    [​IMG]

12. S.Shepherd

S.Shepherd knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

[video=youtube;C29mEJFFIvo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C29mEJFFIvo[/video]

13. TacoMan5000

TacoMan5000 TacoDevilMan

I love that it says 'Environment Friendly' on the box. :bwah: