1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice
  1. apdallaround

apdallaround K'inich Janaab' Pakal I JDBA Official Member

dang

i want a cheap version so i wont feel as bad when i beat the fuck out of it

Shawnjohn999999 likes this.
  2. Shawnjohn999999

Shawnjohn999999 Huge Member

Is it alum?

3. apdallaround

apdallaround K'inich Janaab' Pakal I JDBA Official Member

i heard they are making a trainer version too

can’t wait to buy one and throw the trainer not blade part in a river so there is one less
    :fenlore:

4. Shawnjohn999999

You can get the real. 14 bills.

5. chutcher

chutcher JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

They just dropped and are already sold out. They were being hammered with traffic and it was almost impossible to access their website.

apdallaround likes this.
  6. chutcher

I must say, this thing is a pretty awesome flipper. It blows the kraken out of the water.

apdallaround and Shawnjohn999999 like this.
  7. noonker

noonker JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

It took me a good half hour before this knife "clicked" for me. It's buttery smooth (fast af) and ricochets pretty hard off the tang pins. The only thing I'm not crazy about so far is the sound of it.

blaPsplaT and Shawnjohn999999 like this.
  8. buddy

buddy Slide to unlock JDBA Official Member

Makes me think of a bar fly

9. Shawnjohn999999

Wait. You couldn't buy and now you own. Magic man.

chutcher likes this.
  10. chutcher

What you talking about Shawney boy? You referencing a post I made somewhere after drinking too many beers and now I can't remember?

apdallaround and Shawnjohn999999 like this.
  11. chutcher

Great finish on the blade. It's like a polished stone washed. Very cool. As far as the sound.... It's loud, as you would expect from a channel bali. I like it. Great fit and finish. It's a unique flipper and flips very well. I like it much more than a kraken. A little more ass heavy so it follows through better. Also, the grip is better. The silicone boot is a neat idea and has a very snug fit.

IMG_20210629_200027.jpg

IMG_20210629_200055.jpg

12. noonker

Makes me think of pulling a squeaky shopping cart out of the corral.

13. noonker

Next to some other knives

Attached Files:

Shawnjohn999999 and chutcher like this.
  14. chutcher

A little bit of oil takes care of that.

15. chutcher

This is a badass flipper. The more I flip it the more I like it. I like the weight of a good Ti bali and classify Al balies as 2nd class. The karken is ok... good quality, but it just really never compared to a good quality Ti bali and I never paid that much attention to it. I tried... I've put in some good time with it but it never compared.

Now the Talisong Z... I can't put it down. First impressions was it was 2nd class, better than the kraken, but 2nd class. However, after a few days of playing with this thing I really like it... I mean really like it. It is fast as shit, has a loud as hell clank, really light, but really well balanced. I'm really getting into a groove with this thing and really like it. Awesome design. There is a squeak out of the box but a little oil takes care of that.

16. noonker

I came here to say this- Ive actually grown to love this knife. The texture on the handle and especially the texture near the base on the side is perfect. It’s so effortless to choker fan. The smoothed edges on the blade are flawless. Yeah… when enough people have got their hands on this I’ll probably pick up a second one.

I’m still not psyched about the sound but for now everything else makes it worth it. I’m too nervous to put oil in the bearings because I’ve gummed up too many bearings that way

Shawnjohn999999, chutcher and snache like this.
  17. noonker

Also to be fair my benchmark for sound is the 87 but nothing really comes close

18. snache

snache Should be a custom title here

I save a little of this from oil changes, never had a problem, been using if forever.
    Mobil 1™
    Designed to help keep your engine running like new by providing exceptional wear protection, cleaning power and overall performance.

chutcher likes this.
  19. Shawnjohn999999

I like garage door oil. It's nice.

chutcher and snache like this.
  20. VashHash

VashHash JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

That's a pretty slick looking bali. Hope they make another run.

chutcher likes this.