1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Talisong FL - Review

laughingbuddha Oct 26, 2015

1. laughingbuddha

laughingbuddha JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Yes, another review... BUT! this one is the finalizedish version with the longer handles.:thumbsup:

I also forget to mention weight. Weighs 5.32oz. Does not feel heavy at all. It moves it's weight around real easy.

Although the handles are longer, it kinda feels like it's not as long as an AB etc, because the handles are quite a bit thicker. But it is.

Sorry about the jibba jabba in the vid. I should have written down some points to cover off first, but just winged it :bwah:

What I didn't mention was the blade grind. It's insane! In all the pics and vids it kind of looks like a flat blade... but it isn't. It's just about impossible to capture the hollow grind (think that's what it's called) on camera. You really have to see it in person.

Everyone who is on the list should be getting excited because it's something special.:thumbsup:

Anywho... the video.

[YOUTUBE]65cx_YI94xE[/YOUTUBE]

2. Standsalone

Standsalone El Borinquen Balisong JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Nice review man , stunning knife thanks for sharing :thumbsup::thumbsup:

3. knateknife

knateknife JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

I agree, get hyped. :devilzeek I really am enjoying the one that made its way to me. I think I will go for the tanto when my spot comes up on the list.
    Nice review.:thumbsup:
    I had a bit of trouble finding the sweet spot for chaplins, but once I got it down that thing flows around your hand.

4. Eldon Talley

Eldon Talley knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

Thank you, you did a very good job. The blade is ground on a 14" wheel it is more of a subtle hollow grind. The grind is done freehand like I grind all my blades

5. jjhamilton

jjhamilton JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Gosh, don't brag or anything:bwah::jdwink2::thumbsup:

6. silkworm

silkworm Silky Devil JDBA Official Member

Thanks for the review. I'm excited to get this one.

7. WalkingTree

WalkingTree JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

8. jjhamilton

jjhamilton JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Both of those are the Proto types, I reviews both, SJ and TZ also reviewed the flipper Proto. Those are "one of a kinds"!! The drilled version has a one of a kind solid Ti latch (no roll pin) that none of the rest have also.

9. Shawn Savage

Shawn Savage JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Man this video makes me really sad that I missed the list because I NEED to own one of these beauties

10. WalkingTree

WalkingTree JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Don't fret, a second list is coming :thumbsup:

11. McCoy1996

McCoy1996 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Here's the hollow grind visible.

[​IMG]

12. Jvamis

Jvamis International Devil Welcome Squad Leader JDBA Official Member

:thumbsup:And quality of polishing the blade:ross: