1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Talisong/balibalistic collaboration

Eldon Talley Aug 5, 2015

1. BingSoi

BingSoi JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

This sounds awesome, can't wait to see what comes of it!

2. GGJJ

GGJJ Little member

D A M A S C U S
    A
    M
    A
    S
    C
    U
    S

Yes please!!

Any updates on this? Would love to see scimitar blade style.

3. Eldon Talley

Eldon Talley knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

i will update, when I have more info. I have several projects going right now and am trying to find time for them all

4. zjsomers89

zjsomers89 Little member

if this happens

I want in balibalistic Makin 3 knives for me would love to see this come through

5. skyblue

skyblue JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Pardon the noob question, but what were the specs on the original Talisong? With that out of the way and depending on price, I'd be extremely interested in stag, ivory or water buffalo inserts in a balisong with a hamon line on a stainless blade. I also echo the previous question of what exactly "accessible" means?

6. WalkingTree

WalkingTree JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

I took accessible to mean price accessibility? I'm not sure it was meant to mean accessible in terms of a large run, because I know these makers are extremely busy. Although it could go either way...

Regardless, this collab is going to be on of the best yet. Inlays, varied blade profiles.. Balibalistic AND Eldon Talley... I won't be missing this :devilwag:

As far as profiles go, the long clip bowie has got to be on the list its a classic, same with the weehawk.

Some recurves, perhaps persian-esque? would be awesome. And I know how much shawn loves doing recurves.. :bwah:

And I know not everyone shares my love for them... but I think the idea of a harpoon should be kicked around :madaddy:

7. skyblue

skyblue JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Yeah, I was also hoping for price accessibility along with a larger run, as this will surely be a must-have for collectors. As with the above, a persian fighter would be awesome, as would a bolo profile ala Matt Cook or pira/sususwat profiles ala Chris Olofson!

8. Beatingusilli

Beatingusilli Little member

Talisong + Balibalistic = :thumbsup:

The Scimitar Damascus blade with ghost-white Ivory inlays would be phenomenal! :manganr: