1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Tachyon II Full handles

SpydercoLover Apr 29, 2013

1. SpydercoLover

SpydercoLover Level: True Devil

2. AUTOT3K

AUTOT3K Huge member

I can't say I'm a fan. Looks like something cheap just imo at least.
    I also like the holes in handles for grip

3. Andy T

Andy T Gentle Giant JDBA Official Member

There's an older thread about these, or it may be in the Tach2 preorder thread.?

The extra handle weight is very, very, nice. It does flip better than the original IMO. I love mine. There was a mention of the handle being blank would allow you to customize it how you like, but I left mine solid and prefer it that way to flip.

4. exile82187

exile82187 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

I would like them if I was into modifying knives you know blank slate and all, but since I am not to heavy into modifying knives I would buy the one with the fancy handles already done:manganr:

5. cja245

cja245 Level: True Devil

I'm not sure how Microtech justifies charging the exact same price as the regular model. The solid model probably has at least 25% less machining, you would think it would be priced accordingly :ropeman:

6. deadpool

deadpool merc with the mouth

Ford is releasing a new truck without a transmission, they figure you can just get the one you want and put it in yourself... same price though.

7. AUTOT3K

AUTOT3K Huge member

They should ditch the rear end too haha both need replacing after 80, 000km anyways.. ask me how I know haha

8. jjhamilton

jjhamilton JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

That's what I would have thought! Did you try the BB spacers in it yet?

9. Andy T

Have anyone of you flipped one? I thought we were buying Balis to flip? If that's the case the solid flips better than the original, IMO.

10. Andy T

I'm next on the list, I don't have the BB spacers yet but hope to one day!:thumbsup: I hear they rock.

11. deadpool

deadpool merc with the mouth

Im not saying it wont flip, but I cant justify paying the same price for less work. I EDC all of my Balis, so flipping comes in to play with overall performance.

12. Mpsecare

Mpsecare Owl Man

i know someone who sent one to someone to get some stuff done.

:manganr:

p.s. it's not me

13. Andy T

Could you justify paying more for more material on your knife? For a better functioning Bali? The concern should be end result, not what occurred to get there IMO.

Look at all the guys buying spacers for the original Tach2. The solid doesn't need them because the weight is there. Seems like saving money to me.

That and the fact that there are only 18 solid handle black blade Bowies, seems like a deal to me.:thumbsup:

14. tx101

tx101 Stuck in the middle with you JDBA Official Member

Willy Moon ???

15. bumgilligan

bumgilligan JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

I never got a tach2 because I thought the handles were ugly. These handles ar pretty lame too, but it would be cool to see what some people do to them. I might just pick one up if I can find the funds.

16. laughingbuddha

laughingbuddha JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

I'm looking forward to seeing it as well.... should be HAWT!!! :jdwink2:

p.s. its not me either BUT it is someone who flips :jdwink2::jdwink2:

p.p.s

[video=youtube;8EtueuA9OAk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EtueuA9OAk[/video]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2013
  17. TheBombGamerTag

TheBombGamerTag BrokenBlades

The classic 6 hole pattern on the Tachyon 2 is gonna be gorgeous! Can't wait to see it.

PS: It's not me either.

18. buddy

buddy Slide to unlock JDBA Official Member

cant say how they flip but even though I want a bali to flip I would be lying if the look doesn't matter to me. Its a all in one package. If it flips great but it looks like utter dogshit it wont be a 10/10 for me.

at the same time if it flips great but falls apart easily or has a defect or problem with its construction, like latch keeps getting stuck or the knife is misaligned that also wont be a 10/10

in my eyes to have a great bali its got to be a all in one package. Built well, will last, no manufacturing problems in details, looks purrrty, balanced well, and flips like a dream :chuck:

but that just may be me

THEONEANDONLY likes this.
  19. Linos

Linos baliholickydexbender JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

i`d hit it.....

20. SpydercoLover

SpydercoLover Level: True Devil

Sounds like you're talking about a custom....