1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice
  1. Silent Jay

Silent Jay Flips more than he speaks JDBA Official Member

Yeah, but when there is shit wrong with it that it shouldn't have left the factory with that they refuse to fix or make right, why the fuck should anyone have to go to someone else to fix something that should have been done right the first time?

When I had Bonger's Tach2, there isn't a single reason I should have had to go to BHQ to get my shit resolved when MT couldn;t even be bothered to use the right sized screws.

Real tight ship they're runnin over there, huh? :ropeman::devilroll:

But hey, I generally like to know when I spend a few hundred dollars on something, simple shit like that isn't fucked up, and that it is, the company who made it doesn't pretty much tell me to fuck off.

Cpfrombv likes this.
  2. OnceBitten

OnceBitten Momma said I'd go blind Brigade Member

I'm having trouble warming up to the look of that thing. If the Proddies look like that, I'll likely pass.

Pricing will likely push it to the top of it's segment, especially if MT takes their Quality Assurance Department out of mothballs.

:deviltard:

3. PlntDr

PlntDr Level: True Devil

still not an engineer . . . .damn it lay off the grey goose

4. Bboy

Bboy Huge member

Looks like we will be buying a new set of microtech tools just to loctite that bitch. :bwah::bwah::bwah:

5. gzb

gzb SUPER Moderator* Super Moderator

Released at ECCKS 2015
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

itadakimasu likes this.
  6. itadakimasu

itadakimasu There are no kangaroos in Austria! JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Thanks for the pictures Greg!

7. dbzbalisong

dbzbalisong Little member

Whats a good estimate for what this will cost?

8. chintofong

chintofong JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

thanks for the pics....interesting features

9. WyldStyl3

WyldStyl3 Never gunna give you up JDBA Official Member

Seriously?! What is it with you? I can assure you that no one here is just sitting around waiting to hold your hand. Read the damn thread.

10. DeadPuppy

DeadPuppy JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Not a huuuge fan of the groove in the blade, but the shape and the grind are alright.

The milled thing on the handles looks a bit out of place, but at least its in a good location for grip. I'd be happier with a simpler design.

The plainness of the handles is actually OK with me. The shape and simplicity does look taken from the Balzano concept, but I always really liked the look of that concept regardless of the douche that made it.

The latch better be titanium or else it's worthless for flipping. I hate the imbalance a steel latch adds. As is, son clever milling could possibly even the weight of both handles acceptably.

EDIT* I can't really tell but from the pictures of the clip, this looks fairly thin. It might be a smaller Bali, or a "gentleman's" balisong kinda like the Protect Flyfather? But we all gave Microtech crap last time for pretty much stealing AB dimensions so at least this might be original.

Now that that's done, let's see the watered down production and some price estimates!

****I will point out that the Tach 2 prototypes and production versions were almost identical...so the production version of this might not be watered down toooo much

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2015
  11. Ryanol

Ryanol SnarkMasterFunkyFresh JDBA Official Member

With those blasted "melted" looking channels I wouldn't put it past them to call them integral instead of channels and brand it a balax or something ridiculous.

12. AnthonyTheAbyss

AnthonyTheAbyss Godzilla Size Member JDBA Official Member

Agree.

Overall, I think it's a great looking bali (besides some minor designs that I'm not a fan of).

The retractable clip alone makes it an attractive purchase. Want to see how they made it and how secure the design will be. First bali to ever have this?

In addition, assuming the design stays close to the proto, a good mod job could make this bali look pretty unique.

***Please don't let Olivia Wilde yell at me...LMFAO

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2015
  13. DarkenTheSky

DarkenTheSky AdamPerry added me! JDBA Official Member

Sign me up for 2!!:thumbsup:

14. Linos

Linos baliholickydexbender JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

you need to add your name on the list to get in the 1rst production numbered run mate....:thumbsup:

nostimos likes this.
  15. Roadkill54

Roadkill54 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Where is this list you speak of?

16. Linos

Linos baliholickydexbender JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

you got to PM InfinityShade to add you on the list....

PlntDr and hannam72 like this.
  17. MostHaggard

MostHaggard JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

There's a lot of people going to be wanting a spot.. I hope Infinityshade engineered this list properly. Grats to all who get a spot! :ropeman:

18. Roadkill54

10-4 ghost rider

19. WyldStyl3

WyldStyl3 Never gunna give you up JDBA Official Member

Oh this is great. :bwah:

20. Roadkill54

did I accidentally introduce myself into the butt of a joke here? I fee like I did :unintroduced: