1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice
  1. Ryanol

Ryanol SnarkMasterFunkyFresh JDBA Official Member

Carbon is in no way inferior

2. Apec

Apec The Sound of Darkness

Not sure if I said that it was in my previous post.

Anyways, it depends on your application. I don't think a damascus balisong is expected to be used in harder cutting tasks that carbon/tool steel excel at, nor would I expect a MT balisong to be used as a dive knife.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2016
  3. Youngcho

Youngcho JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

image.jpg

4. wingedcamel

wingedcamel Huge member

5. SA8TER21

SA8TER21 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

So tempting for the price but yeah fuck that shit. I wouldn't mind aluminum if they used zen pins. Those handles will wear so quick with tang pins.

6. wingedcamel

wingedcamel Huge member

Maybe if I can get a second hand one for 200 I'll get one, but otherwise I agree

7. rackreal

rackreal Huge member

I DO know that of course.
    I was lil bit disappointed with the untidy dama steel(the core was kinda beside the center) so didn't care much for the knife.
    The blade was slightly pre-oiled and it had a stiff handle so I just put it away then after half a year I opened handles and figured it out.
    I might try to remove the rust by flipping it.

8. jjhamilton

jjhamilton JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Wow...and people will actually buy this....The "Custom" ( and I use that term loosely) might be "ok" ( depending on who you ask ) but this, really....with all the other options available...

I implore those new to balisongs, for your own good, if you can't catch some of the current offerings at this price point, save your dimes and buy something off the secondary and let this POS go...

9. Wadcutder

Wadcutder JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

10. FlyGuy

FlyGuy Brigade Member JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

I'm actually stoked for these, apocalyptic finish ordered! I'm not too concerned with the aluminum, a high grade aluminum should hold up to my minimal flipping. I am more concerned with the balance. The price point isn't too bad, I definitely wasn't interested in the custom prices.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2016
  11. welderknifenut

welderknifenut JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

It seems they aren't flying off the shelves!:bwah:

12. Glenn

Glenn Sol Invictus Knife Maker or Craftsman

That is, if you have the tool to even do so . :devilcorn:

13. zuggzugg

zuggzugg JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Looks like the tool is included.

[​IMG]

I picked up an apocalyptic version. less than 10 left of each type.

14. Glenn

Glenn Sol Invictus Knife Maker or Craftsman

Yup, that should do it. :unintroduced:

15. apdallaround

apdallaround K'inich Janaab' Pakal I JDBA Official Member

crush them like beer cans then await the warranty process. please post about it:devilcorn:

16. twirl

twirl Hom Designs JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

A fitting name could have been the Dragonfly III..

Chefget likes this.
  17. zuggzugg

Does anyone have an AR? Do any of those aluminum parts wear down? I guess Microtech has said that they use the same Aluminum that the AR15 uses?

Not trying to convince/sway anyone either way, I'm just curious. I have the money so I bought one. If it sucks, I'll sell it.

Regardless of the company and their rep for service, I feel like if this knife is indeed "soft" it would be a huge blow for them at this stage especially with all the balibro comments aimed at them via IG as this knife has been in development.

I'm cautiously optimistic that it's not going to wear down easily or be weak/soft. We'll see soon though!

18. crick0234

crick0234 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

So off of microtech's IG they say the aluminum material is the same material used in military AR's...

conveying that it's stronger?

19. apdallaround

apdallaround K'inich Janaab' Pakal I JDBA Official Member

the frame of the AR doesn't take a beating. only a company or so offer a bolt carrier in aluminum and its longevity is to be questioned. sell an aluminum bolt carrier to a seal or marine or their armorer and let us know how it goes.

20. zuggzugg

[​IMG]