1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice
  1. Ryanol

Ryanol SnarkMasterFunkyFresh JDBA Official Member

So the clip sucks? The handground blade is stonewashed for some reason? The price is a high? but you got a signed certificate?

(insert tommy boy reference about dumping in a box here)

I like the knife, I love the channel handles and I think aluminum is over dramatized. What I don't like is the entire path to production that microtech has taken - especially when they brought the tach 2 to market at a fanfuckingtastic price. Business is bidness I guess. I suspect Jake and Cam had more to do with the Tach 2 and Anthony is more behind the tach 3.

Oh whale if that's how you want to play that's the way we'll play it.

2. apdallaround

apdallaround K'inich Janaab' Pakal I JDBA Official Member

good point. since obviously not hand ground i'm assuming the edge was possibly put on by A.M.(Adam Manks) they searched high and low for an employee with the same initials...

regardless it still flips nice:manganr:

3. Donnie B.

Donnie B. JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

People buy Rolex's for $10,000 bucks that don't tell time better than my $99 Timex and yet folks here are bitching about a $700 knife?

I love my Tachyon 3's. I own both a $700 one and a $1,400 Damascus one.

I also own a 2007 Gibson Historic Les Paul that I paid $4,000 for.

Granted I pay cheap for just about everything else though. Only boy toys deserve the premium prices.

4. b_luntz

b_luntz Huge member

4k gets you a standard Gibson... Or you could spend it on ibanez and have something insanely high end. MT is like Gibson, you pay for the name. Doesn't mean they dont make great stuff, just expensive

5. Donnie B.

A standard LP in 2007 was a lot less than today. What I got for the extra cash was a period correct 1959 copy with a one piece insanely resonant Hondorous body and a wickedly flamed top.

[​IMG]

The Japanese Ibanez Custom shop puts out great stuff. The China factory, not so much. These days I'm a Music Man fan.

Sorry for the slight derail. Back to the Tach3!

apdallaround likes this.
  6. Ryanol

Ryanol SnarkMasterFunkyFresh JDBA Official Member

The fact that you own a $99 timex does not suprise me lol.

I honestly did not know they made ones more than the $39.99 ones with indiglo that I see at target.

7. rackreal

rackreal Huge member

I forgot to oil the blade so my tach3 damascus blade rusted.
    Don't be stupid like me guys:devilfinger:

8. rackreal

rackreal Huge member

One of the pivots was so stiff, don't buy tach3 if you don't own Triwing wrench:devilcorn:

9. twirl

twirl Hom Designs JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

I think the tach3 I got to handle at the JD meet also had a fairly stiff pivot..

10. Mr.LaBella

Mr.LaBella ←The № 1 Devil→ Administrator

You DO know that damascus is carbon steel, right?? And that ALL damascus/carbon steel will rust.....Right?:ropeman:

Ok, back to not paying attention and I blame Jerry Fucking Hom!

11. b_luntz

b_luntz Huge member

SJ said the bearings have to wear a race into the handles or washers, and then it flips smooth. An 800 dollar knife should have it machined as opposed to just worn in, no?

My tach2 comes tomorrow, and my flyti for the 67 comes today. Combined with the ex10 I got last week and I'm in flipping heaven. Just a bummer I sold everything else to pay for em haha

12. Donnie B.

Both of mine are smooth as silk.

13. Silent Jay

Silent Jay Flips more than he speaks JDBA Official Member

Then from what I was told, yours' are the ones that are actually fucked up.

14. Youngcho

Youngcho JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

On my tachyon 3, blade tip and spine hits the insides of the channel. Junk.

15. Donnie B.

Wha, huh?

Just oiled the blade of my safe queen Damascus. Thanks for the head's up.

[​IMG]

16. apdallaround

apdallaround K'inich Janaab' Pakal I JDBA Official Member

junk:unintroduced:

a companies ethics might blow but...

post up pics of your tach3 with blade collisions, people would like to see it.:devilcorn:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2016
  17. Donnie B.

Ya, what he said. Pics or it didn't happen. My Tach3s are the most tight and precision Bali's I've owned.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2016
  18. Looseyfur

Looseyfur OG Flipper JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

are you the exception or the rule?

19. Donnie B.

I'm an enigma.

20. Apec

Apec The Sound of Darkness

Some damascus makers make stainless damascus. Of course it can rust under the right conditions, but not so easily.

At the price point MT is charging for these, they ought to be using stainless from well known makers, but I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2016