1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice
  1. Looseyfur

Looseyfur OG Flipper JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

They got all the time in the world to talk to random jobbers who call in but no time to process warranty claims. Trololo
    :ropeman::devilroll:
    Watching the fallout first hand on microhaulics back in the day I have been all set for awhile... no thanks

I apologize to infinityshits and good for him for not dropping the spoilers.

Also I like the grind.

:unintroduced:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2015
  2. apdallaround

apdallaround K'inich Janaab' Pakal I JDBA Official Member

my comment was: the t3 production version will come with squared handles sandwich construction with barrel spacers and the blade will contact the spacers on the front edge and rear edge.:unintroduced:

seriously though impo if this thing is kept under $400 in large production runs it will hurt the value of production balisongs across the board. ti, channel, spring latch, pocket clip..... aren't those all wanted by flippers?

if its msrp is closer to $600 i don't think values will change.

3. VashHash

VashHash JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

I'm thinking $550 if everything is kept the same.

4. Blastermaster

Blastermaster Huge member

With nothing but a skyrim logo to catch your hand, this seems like it would be a tad too slippery to flip well

5. jjhamilton

jjhamilton JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Just throwing this out there, my review will be up later today on the Talisong (Eldon Talley) which is a Custom Channel Balisong made with all the quality one would expect from a custom. Made by an individual that is a part of our community and is listening to US.....

There's no way I'm spending $400+ for a production made by a company that at best listens to whispers, and has some of the most f'up customer service sometimes when I can save just a couple hundred more for a Custom at $700

It's too little too late Microtech my community stepped up and I've got makers I can pick up the phone and get strait to the people making my knife the way I want...I'll support them BRS, Hom, Eldon Talley, 42Flipper, Harner, MC, Pale, WyldStyle etc.....yeah some have production lines, long wait times, may not be making full knives yet...but I'll be there for them as they are for me (us)

Fuck roll pins, and blade hitting spacers. BRS fixed thier little issue like right then and offered to fix everything that was already out right away....anyone see a public announcement from Microtech?? NOPE!

Rant over......

J Ray and Looseyfur like this.
  6. VashHash

VashHash JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Curious to see the talisong review. I really like his designs.

7. papercut

papercut KILLACANE JDBA Official Member

Very excited for this one. Hopefully it will be as nice as the Tach 1.

8. PlntDr

PlntDr Level: True Devil

Decided not to think about this thread or the possibilities of a channel Ti bali until I see the affordable version.

9. DeadPuppy

DeadPuppy JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Probably a good idea!!

***affordable version might be the least likely thing to happen though

10. welderknifenut

welderknifenut JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

I might get one when they come out.:jdwink2:

THEONEANDONLY likes this.
  11. THEONEANDONLY

THEONEANDONLY Drunk on the Blood of Saints JDBA Official Member

never cared for the Tach II and I tried, I really did, the only Microtech I REALLY like is the HALO, that thing is a big bad ass auto...

I'd give this a shot, depending on price, if I can't flip it and its not a grail, I don't see the point of owning one, thats where my collection is heading...

12. D2AP

D2AP Better than gold or platinum

I'm curious to see what the price and everything will be on this. Not so fond of the retractable clips. I hate clips, and a retractable one just sounds like something that's gimmicky and easy to break.

13. laughingbuddha

laughingbuddha JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

No.

Most flippers couldn't care less if it's channel or sammich.

What they want is a well balanced flipper, that's constructed well, has precise tolerances, sturdy, looks good and is reasonably priced. If the company stands behind their product and has decent customer service... that's a bonus :bwah:

If a channel balisong fits all that criteria that would be awesome. But imo it's just as awesome if a sammich balisong fits that criteria.

But I'm not buying ANY channel Ti balisong just because it's channel, has a spring latch and pocket clip.:unintroduced:

Cpfrombv likes this.
  14. apdallaround

apdallaround K'inich Janaab' Pakal I JDBA Official Member

i admit i like the idea minus the pocket clip but i kinda feel as if MT is slapping the industry in the face by doing it.

15. laughingbuddha

They would be slapping them in the face if they produced that prototype at $400. But we both know that that's not going to happen.

My guess is that they will do a small run of those proto's that will cost custom money.

If they decide to mass produce it'll probably have a roll pin in it somewhere:bwah:

16. Ryanol

Ryanol SnarkMasterFunkyFresh JDBA Official Member

This is an interesting thread.

I love this shit. Speculation on speculation.

Microtech has terrible customer service, microtech handles are made of butter, microtech blades hit the spacers.....all perhaps true. You know what else is? They are sold out. That's right...all these negatives and still the tach 2 sells.

Guess what folks - so will this, if they don't price it out of reach.

17. InfinityShade

InfinityShade Level: True Devil

Shoosh :ropeman:

18. THEONEANDONLY

honestly, with all the great modders here, who gives a shit about their customer service,

19. laughingbuddha

I kinda do lol.

I'd rather have the manufacturer fix/replace/repair any fault without any hassle... than have to pay someone else to do it.

20. THEONEANDONLY

my point is, as stated before, I never really cared for the tach II, and I tried really hard to, but the modders make it so much better, a lot better than micortech ever would...

just my two pesos...