1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice
  1. SA8TER21

SA8TER21 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Yeah I have that option too.....Working for "the man" will suck but money is money.

2. zogglet

zogglet Better than Nutella Administrator Lady Devil JDBA Official Member

That's what I did all throughout college to fund my action figure collection. I had three sources of money coming in: I worked for the IT dept at my school, I worked part-time at a computer parts store, and I had an internship. Toys are serious business. Plus, it kept me from being lazy. Yeah, it takes some major self-motivation in the beginning, but once you get into the swing of it, you want to keep going (especially when you see the money coming in. :madaddy:) It's worth it, do it!

3. SA8TER21

Yeah man totally know that feeling with the money when I used to work full time at the guitar shop I used to work at. Gonna have to start putting some apps in everywhere in the next few weeks and find something just for that reason! Hahaha

4. papercut

papercut KILLACANE JDBA Official Member

Ok ladies, can we get back on topic now?

5. SA8TER21

Sorry! XD

So is there any news on when the production models are going to drop? I guess I should start saving now so I can get my own when they do drop.

6. apdallaround

apdallaround K'inich Janaab' Pakal I JDBA Official Member

damn this is getting old. someone with good sources said "july". the year however is unknown.

7. BladeVega333

BladeVega333 Enormous member My Ass is on Probation

This thread is getting old, the tach 3 is already OUT!!!!!! check the Voodoo thread. There is one for sale by abqjoe :bwah::bwah::bwah::ropeman::ropeman:

8. weavin

weavin Destroyer of digits opposable JDBA Official Member

I've got it on pretty good authority that the first production Tach 3's made it to BHQ. Unfortunately, flaws were found in the pivots and they couldn't be put up for sale. Last I heard, a few of the blade hq guys were working overtime, some even second jobs at franchise places doing shite work like changing oil, so that they could afford the tool to take them apart and fix them. One of the guys up there was gonna sell his paintball rig for the tool fund but somebody was all like "dude, no" so he didn't. Upon hearing about the pivot problem MT customer support did absolutely nothing, but BHQ sent them back anyway. This all happened a year or so ago and assurances have been given that the Tach 3's are next inline for MT to still ignore, with a possible ship date of the 32nd of Septober.

[​IMG]

9. buddy

buddy Slide to unlock JDBA Official Member

I had mixed views on how it looks... and on how it flips- well most seem to think its not a great flipper. I find it hard to believe it would believe it will flip anything like the tach 2 customized by Matt Cook

10. apdallaround

i'm hoping weavin is kinda on the right track. the AM customs had a stupid looking bearing pivot system with what appeared to be mostly plastic or nylon. plastic or nylon in a pivot suck, release something that'll have longevity... back to the drawing board?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2015
  11. weavin

weavin Destroyer of digits opposable JDBA Official Member

Jokes aside, it really wouldn't surprise me if the actual story were similar. Its a shame, MT has some killer designs. However after a couple dealings with their "customer service", I now stay away from MT.

12. DarklightY2K

DarklightY2K Huge member

What is the "apocalyptic" finish?

13. Blade HQ

Blade HQ BladeHQ Knife Maker or Craftsman

It is basically a blasted finish that is then tumbled.

14. Apec

Apec The Sound of Darkness

Meh. Still no pictures of the production Tach 3, not even a rendering.

Not that I care a whole lot - I picked up a Specter. If they get the Tach 3 production model right though, might consider selling my tanto Tach 2.

15. CannedBullets

CannedBullets JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

So how does the Marfione Custom flip?

16. DeepSkyyz

DeepSkyyz Skyy'z the limit JDBA Official Member

Very expensively :bwah:

ugotowned4 likes this.
  17. Silent Jay

Silent Jay Flips more than he speaks JDBA Official Member

Meh.

Not terribly, but not great.

18. allahakubar

allahakubar Brigade Member Brigade Member

Help please

I just saw some of the posts that said the production tach 3 pivots had issues? I have a custom that is starting to stick. Can someone please suggest what to do to smooth it out.

19. apdallaround

no production tach 3s were ever released only AM custom grounds.

clean/lube it might help

20. allahakubar

allahakubar Brigade Member Brigade Member

It's LNIB

I've had it for about 1 week and have handled it 3or 4 times. On the bite handle if it's on top of the blade and safe handle and I start to lift it up the blade seems to catch and rise a bit. Never did it before. I have a few different types of lube ( rem oil, tuff glide, shimano reel oil, wd-40) but I have zero experience with the "caged bearing ikbs or whatever it is system. It is a plastic type material with bearing inside. Can you suggest which oil would work best?