1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice
  1. sharklasers

sharklasers JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

How easy are Tach 3's to find?

2. Apec

Apec The Sound of Darkness

Is there even a photo of the production model or production prototype? So far I've only seen the lame Marfione versions.

3. mistahark

mistahark JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

They're not out just yet.

Yeah, there's photos and demos out there on youtube. At least, I thought the ones in the video were the prod version. I did see the Marfione version but that's way too spendy for me.

4. laughingbuddha

laughingbuddha JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

I've never seen the production version. All the vids I've seen have been the Marfione.

Post a link to the production T3 please.

5. jjhamilton

jjhamilton JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

1) The T3 is not a true custom as they are not made by a single individual but are priced as a custom
    2) The maker of the Talisong (Eldon Talley) is here at JD, you can speak to him anytime about anything with the knife or work. Try that with a Microtech.
    3) Touched on this some in #2, customer service is well below good with Microtech. If you have a warranty issue, Eldon is available right here.
    4) The Talisong is priced less than the T3 (currently semi available)
    5) Microtech has a reputation of low quality material, I assure you from first hand experience the Talisong is made with top grade materials.
    6) Eldon is a part of the community, Microtech doesn't even have a representative that sometimes talks to us or addresses concerns
    7) Personal preferences, but the T3 looks like crap compared to the Talisong....
    8) The Talisong Fl was developed for flippers with input from actual flippers.
    9) You have options with the Talisong, blade shape and ano color options....only one choice with the T3 (ugly or ugly)

6. laughingbuddha

This ^^^ :lmao:

7. sharklasers

Isn't the talisong latchless though? I know some don't mind but I just cant flip a latchless.

8. laughingbuddha

Yes it's latchless.

Oh well... I guess you'll have to go with the fugly T3 :bwah:

9. knateknife

knateknife JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

5) Microtech has a reputation of low quality material, I assure you from first hand experience the Talisong is made with top grade materials.

My "custom" has only been lightly flipped, over a bed at all times, the bearing in the back of the blade has fallen out. It still flips fine, but I did pay that custom price. I would not mind enough to tell everyone if this had happened on a "production" model, but it sorta sucks to pay a grand for something and have it start falling apart with light use.
    I have never tried to send a knife back to Microtech, but I have heard of the reputation they have of customer service and whatnot.

That being said: I am eagerly awaiting the Talisong.:devilcorn:

10. VashHash

VashHash JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

There's always the JDBA bali. It'll have fucking M390 for the blade. Why is no one excited for that channel ti bali? I feel like none of you understand how good M390 is.

11. laughingbuddha

...because Hackman handles. :ropeman:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2015
  12. VashHash

VashHash JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

[​IMG]

13. weavin

weavin Destroyer of digits opposable JDBA Official Member

I edc a paramilitary 2 in m390 and it is, indeed, fucking awesome.

14. sharklasers

I'm sure I'll grab one whenever they become available

15. Silent Jay

Silent Jay Flips more than he speaks JDBA Official Member

That one has feedback form flippers too.

Oh, and would you look at that, even has a latch.

16. Silent Jay

Silent Jay Flips more than he speaks JDBA Official Member

That one has feedback from flippers too.

Oh, and would you look at that, even has a latch.

17. jjhamilton

And only if it had a release date too!:bwah:

Id actually forgotten about the JDBA balisong, it's good to be reminded of new knives....especially channel balisongs!!:thumbsup:

18. DarklightY2K

DarklightY2K Huge member

Am I the only one that kind of sorta likes the look of the tach 3? I mean it's no zirconium Arashi but it could be worse. :ropeman:

19. jjhamilton

No im sure there are others who dated the fat ugly chick in high school too!!:bwah:

20. OnceBitten

OnceBitten Momma said I'd go blind Brigade Member

Double-edged with full serrations?