1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice
  1. J Ray

J Ray Formerly Morpho JDBA Official Member

I like the blade profile, and the handles look nicely rounded

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2015
  2. THEONEANDONLY

THEONEANDONLY Drunk on the Blood of Saints JDBA Official Member

you da man!

if anyone can, they can, they are THE source for balisongs, and they know it...

3. Palethius

Palethius Customizer Knife Maker or Craftsman

No sir, I don't like it.

4. Linos

Linos baliholickydexbender JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

is that your people calling my people?

5. PS-RagE

PS-RagE "R" for Adventure JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

You can bet that one shown on IG and any like it will be $1200+ (Mairfone Custom)

6. laughingbuddha

laughingbuddha JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Yeah, I'm figuring that they'll do a budget version without all the whiz bangery for a lot cheaper.

7. Jonre

Jonre JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

that really looks too nice to be a production. at least for MT standards. unless they are seriously trying to wow the bali community im getting a custom vibe from this one.

wouldnt mind a toned down prod. model though i'd expect the clip and spring latch and maybe even the channel handles will be a no go.

8. nostimos

nostimos JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Channel Ti !!! Pretty interesting . . . .
    At least a MAJOR knife manufacturer is once again bringing a Ti channel bali to the marker. I guess we cant complain anymore. :bwah:
    But I still need to see what the regularly available version will be like, AND the price. :ropeman:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2015
  9. Linos

Linos baliholickydexbender JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

It`s OK everybody...Glenn told me they will use roll pins so they can keep it affordable ......:tardrule:

teddyswolsevelt777 likes this.
  10. PS-RagE

PS-RagE "R" for Adventure JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

What did the Ti MetalMarks go for?

11. DeadPuppy

DeadPuppy JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Nobody is talking about the retractable clip? Microtech makes an innovative idea and everyone laughs.

I think it sounds sweet. I hate not having a clip cause I can't carry the balisongs...but I hate the clips cause they restrict flipping. Retractable clip? Boom problem solved.

Plus, channel construction and a spring latch. That is awesome. I'm going to bet if all the features stay, it'll be expensive. I'm calling $600. $500 minimum.

J Ray likes this.
  12. Jonre

Jonre JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

the retractable clip is awesome. everything about the knife screams flipper for sure.

the question here is the price point and if thats the features of a production model or a custom. too pricey or too rare and those "great for flipping" features go to waste on a safe queen.

13. laughingbuddha

Retractable clip would probably have some sort of spring mechanism so that it pops in and out of the handle?

Add that extra weight along with the spring latch and unless they mill the safe handle differently, I would guess that handle weights would be very uneven.

14. Blip Noir

Blip Noir JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

How I feel right now:

[​IMG]

15. Andy T

Andy T Gentle Giant JDBA Official Member

^This^

A lot if I remember correctly. 1k+?

The retractable clip, IMO, is just something else to break/go wrong...if it's a flipper it will get dropped, my 42 spring latch still works- but I never close it:bwah:, my 51 spring latch doesn't function anymore.

It's not that big a deal IMO as it just hangs like a tail, but if a retractable clip breaks, now you have something integral with that handle that could be a nuisance .

While I'm excited to see a new Bali come to market, IMO, bells and whistles aren't what will make it a success. I agree that if the Bali shown comes to market in Ti, it will be BIG money.

16. laughingbuddha

You wanna get down to your undies an wrassle with a grown man?

THEONEANDONLY likes this.
  17. jjhamilton

jjhamilton JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Wow.....and that comes out:bwah:

18. VashHash

VashHash JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

time to sell all my tach 2s :devilwag:

19. laughingbuddha

I wasnt making an offer you arsehole.:bwah:

20. AnthonyTheAbyss

AnthonyTheAbyss Godzilla Size Member JDBA Official Member

Loved the Tach.

Loved the Tach II.

Looking forward to the Tach III.

***Love the latch idea...which I thought of doing (honest to goodness)