1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

T&J Tactical Ruger Mark IV Target SS with Integrated Suppressor

CDR_Glock Oct 13, 2018

1. CDR_Glock

CDR_Glock Bali Demon JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

So I finally picked up my suppressors this week from T&J Tactical out of Radford, VA. My friend, a police officer, told me his suppressors were definitely as good if not better than the others tested by major makers. From one pistol, his was the quietest.

Great guy. He makes suppressors for Police departments throughout my home state.

He demonstrated a Ruger Mark IV 22/45 lightweight pistol with an integrated barrel and I was wowed.

I decided on a Stainless steel variety since I already had a Mark II Target Competition.

[​IMG]

Well after the wait, paperwork, fingerprints, taxes, and waiting...did i mention waiting, here I was, the proud owner of one of the most impressive pistols in my collection:

Integrated Suppressor Barrel Stainless steel Ruger Mark IV, Target model.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This was pricey but well worth it. I shot 300 rounds through it today. It has adjustable sights. I was hitting plates on my plate rack (4” and 6”), 3” plate, my Dueling tree, and other plates on my range at home.

Balance was excellent and it didn’t feel top heavy in Stainless. I don’t know what a lightweight or tactical 22/45 would feel like.

I used Standard 22 LR ammo. I’ll grab some subsonic ammo in a few weeks.

[​IMG]

2. seandavid55

seandavid55 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

I have the same MK2. Awesome pistols. Always nice when a wait comes to an end, congrats. I've always liked the integrals, just didnt go that route with my .22lr. I'm a little jealous.

I played with subsonics and supers in my suppressed MK3. Barrel is so short the supers are going subsonic anyway. Tone is a bit different. Now I just save all the subsonic rounds for my rifles.

I'll get in the safe today and snap a picture of my two .22 pistols.

Lapedog, BennytheBlade and CDR_Glock like this.
  3. CDR_Glock

Mark II are awesome.

I have another 22 can for other pistols and rifles.

BennytheBlade and seandavid55 like this.
  4. seandavid55

20181013_141228-768x1024.jpg

Truly a couple of my favorites. If I were to do it again, I'd probably go the same route as you, an integral and a separate can for the rifles. Back then I thought it was silly. Now I have 3 .30 cal cans. Now if only my rude ass shooting buddies would step up their game.

I love integrals. My only one bbn is a 300blk bolt gun. It's like shooting a red ryder.

Lapedog and CDR_Glock like this.
  5. CDR_Glock

Hahaha. I was lagging behind my main shooting buddy. He has two cans.

I love the Slabside barrel. I thought of getting mine threaded, but I also just considered getting a 22/45 Tactical for more options.

I kind of want two more cans. One more for pistol and one more for 30 cal. But the wait won’t be as bad, as I already have a few to stay occupied.

Problem with my club is that most people don’t have suppressors so you still need hearing protection. Good thing for me is that I now can shoot in my backyard. That makes it a lot more enjoyable.

Rio and seandavid55 like this.
  6. Rio

Rio Como un angel JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman Brigade Member

Those look really cool!!
    How is the sound variables on those suppressors ???, do you really get a lot noise cancel by them?

7. seandavid55

Yes, its incredible. It differs between calibers, host firearms and ammo used. But if your looking for crazy quiet, it can be had easily. Making firearms hearing safe it a chip shot. To bad they make it take so long.

Rio likes this.
  8. CDR_Glock

[​IMG]

I’ve been trying this 300 AAC AR pistol today with a suppressor. Wouldn’t be bad except for my concern about over penetration.

9. seandavid55

I've been amazed what I have seen subs go through. They just pinhole. But there are expanding subs available now. I'd think those would be a safe bet as far as not over penetrating.

CDR_Glock likes this.
  10. CDR_Glock

I’m not sure how I’d test for it. I could set up milk jugs and see how many they go through in my range....

It was so nice to shoot Suppressed, except when I shot steel which rings in the valley on my range. Shooting at paper or the rubber dummy was very satisfying.

11. Rio

I know this is no easy task but anybody up for a video upload, it would be great to see them in action and you were able to capture the sound, just asking no biggie if you can’t or it is a pain in the ass.

12. seandavid55

I can take a few videos when I get home. Not sure how to post them, but in sure someone will help me out.

Rio likes this.
  13. CDR_Glock

Rio likes this.
  14. Rio

Really cool , thank you guys

CDR_Glock likes this.
  15. CDR_Glock

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I acquired this holster for the range. It fits both my Ruger with an Optic and the Ruger with integral Suppressor.

I also changed out the plastic grips to G10 on the Mark IV.

I am surprised that I didn’t change my Mark II grips, yet. I guess I’ll shop for some soon.

Rio likes this.
  16. CDR_Glock

So this really likes Hollow Point, Remington Golden Bullets the most.

Eley Sport, it hates.

Federal Anything works.

CCI it loves.

15 yards, One handed 4” targets on a Dueling tree

https://instagram.com/p/BpX2Meind5c/

My friend advised me to cut a couple of links off of the recoil spring.

seandavid55 likes this.
  17. seandavid55

Not sure I'd do that. I'm pretty jealous of that thing.

18. CDR_Glock

You mean cut the recoil spring?

I can always buy a backup. I think they’re pretty cheap.

19. wes

wes Mephistopheles Super Moderator Brigade Member

If it works that well, why not buy a backup and cut that one?

20. CDR_Glock

True. I can do that, also.