1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Sword Restoration???

McGyver May 18, 2011

1. McGyver

McGyver Persistent Bastard

A guy at work has his Grandfather's WWII bring back Japanese Officers sword. He says it's a little rusty and he is looking at getting it cleaned up. I told him I would ask around and see what I could find as far as who to send it too. Preferably someone in the NJ/PA area, but I'm sure he'd ship if the price is right too. Thanks for any inputs.

2. firebolt

firebolt Hollandse Duivel Brigade Member

3. S.Shepherd

S.Shepherd knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

there are onlyabout 3 legit "togi" or sword polishers in the united states. ( polish is more than making it shiney btw)
    That said, having a good sword messed with by an amature will ruin it and it's value. I suggest you find someone to look at it and see if it's worth the process.

4. Stabber

Stabber Stabber's Steel Connection Knife Maker or Craftsman

Bubbasan can do It

5. S.Shepherd

S.Shepherd knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

any pics of this sword? you could be dealing with something worth a few hundred, to something worth thousands.