1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice
  1. avillageidiot

avillageidiot Average member

I carry at least three knives at any time. The one brand that is always with me is a Victorinox of some
    type lock blade or non locking. Before 2001 when flying I noticed that most knives drew additional focus
    but, the red handled Swiss Army did not. Victorinox has in my opinion has been viewed as more of a
    tool and not a BAD knife. While at a state firearms class the challenge was " only real men carry Swiss
    army knives" well all but one of the attendees produced a Swiss Army knife. So what am I asking is
    does any of the Swiss Army knives have to go in the pocket before you go out the door? For me yes
    I own about 15 and they all get pocket time each... what do you think. VI

crogers, snache and apdallaround like this.
  2. apdallaround

apdallaround K'inich Janaab' Pakal I JDBA Official Member

i carry a leatherman free for work everyday and it’s helped in many situations

i dont carry a multi-tool or sak edc outside of work unless i’m taking a long trip

crogers and snache like this.
  3. snache

snache Should be a custom title here

Yes my "pocket knife" is a small Victronix, the scissors come in handy. I got the huge one many years ago for a birthday present and it goes in the bag on trips. The real knife carried is usually Cold Steel, Spyderco or vintage Gerber, fixed or folding.

crogers and apdallaround like this.
  4. woodlander

woodlander Brigade Member Brigade Member

I always have a small Victorinox in my pocket. I use the scissors and the file quite a bit. I have carried one of those for the last 25 years. I lost the original about 5 years ago and had to replace it. The fact that it will also serve as a screwdriver can be very convenient. Al in all, it is a good piece of gear to have in one's pocket.

Usually, I have a Benchmade 707 along for more demanding cuts.

snache, apdallaround and crogers like this.
  5. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli Super Moderator Brigade Member

I've carried an SAK for many years. These days, I usually carry the Tinker. It has a Phillips head driver instead of a cork-screw (Shit! My wine has screw caps anyway!) :alcoholic: Plus, it's big enough to do about anything I'll need a knife to do, without all them gadgets that usually end up in my way.

I feel like you do. Several years ago (Pre 9-11) I went to the airport to see my father off on a trip. When I went through security, they wouldn't allow me to carry my keys on a kubaton, but handed me back my SAK. Things are a bit different now....

When I still worked, I carried my SAK, a Spyderco Endura, and a Leatherman Surge with a couple different blades. I was ready for just about anything!

snache and apdallaround like this.
  6. Book'em

Book'em Little member

The Huntsman is in a pouch on my belt at all times. I usually have 1 or 2 other knives with me also.

snache likes this.
  7. snache

snache Should be a custom title here

I love cargo pants(yes I am old) for my pocket knives, usually carry 3.

begreen61 likes this.
  8. Logan1832

Logan1832 Little Member

I know I’m late to the party on this one (story of my life) but I wanted to reply.

My first knife was a SAK back in 1985. Since then , I’ve always had a thing for them. And although I’ve been collecting knives seriously since 2007 , I haven’t had a SAK in my collection as an adult. Until now , that is. Just ordered a Victorinox Hiker and Super Tinker. All the different handle colors and variations are cool but I just have a soft spot for that original dark red handle. Long live the SAK!