1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice
  1. Looseyfur

Looseyfur OG Flipper JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

Do you have anyone who supports your love of the balisong, and of flipping? Round my house balisongs are a pretty big deal, even my 2 year old son knows a bit about it, and when he sees a video of someone flipping he always says " daddys flipping ". My lady on the other hand probably has been the biggest supporter and has keep me going, encouraging me to flip even. Letting me know if a trick looks good or is whack, supporting me as I endeavored to start up -=BRS=- with Kz and Matt... The small success we have had so far has been celebrated by my Dad and sister as well, they are genuinely interested, and seem to have always understood how important to me it has been, even when it was nothing more then a hobby.

so Kristina, though you will probably never read this, I want to thank you, cause so many people out there dont really care what other people are passionate about, and to have your support and the support of my family and friends I think is part of what makes the seemingly impossible, possible. For you I would bend the laws of physics to impress you with a trick, or work myself into the ground to make our venture successful.. all for the simple reason that you SUPPORT me doing something I truly love.
    [​IMG]

I wouldnt trade her...

I hope you all have someone in your life that supports you in your hobby and that appreciates that you choose to spend you're energy on these captivating knives.. in whatever form you choose to enjoy them.

all the best-
    Loosey

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2012
    feenxfire and althedirtbag like this.
  2. jjhamilton

jjhamilton JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Nothing like a good wife....mine has always supported my hobby regardless....both my wife and daughter have helped clean my knives....hope she takes interest when she is older....good of you to cherish and remember your families support!!

3. Mpsecare

Mpsecare Owl Man

just this stuffed owl I talk too o,O

4. Looseyfur

,___,
    [O.o]
    /)__)
    -"--"-

5. Glenn

Glenn Sol Invictus Knife Maker or Craftsman

I have a bra. :thumbsup:

6. Nathan Dewey

Nathan Dewey That guy you know Knife Maker or Craftsman

My stepdad comes to mind. Turns out early in my hobby, he didn't exactly like the constant clacking of the balisong and/or constant sharpening that I'll do at my desk. But knowing that it was a true passion that would allow me to go somewhere in life, he decided it wouldn't bother him and has been the main supporter of balisong (other than myself) of the household.

7. althedirtbag

althedirtbag Huge member

R

Here`s my misses Mirjana"Mimi"!
    Always supported me in everything i do.
    Been married for 15years and never regreted to do so.
    Thanks Baby for beeing such an awesome human!!!!
    Unfortunately she tends to use my AB even against me.
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    Or sometimes for her own pleasure!
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    The best story about my AB: my brother and mum didnt know what to buy me for birthday.Then they realized i am crazy about Balis- they paid for my Alpha Beast!!!!!Life`s good, when you have a place to feel at HOME with your family.

Lots of respect to you Loosey to start a thread like this:thumbsup::thumbsup:

8. KnifeAddicc

KnifeAddicc Average member

Mostly my friends think its awesome, whenever i go see them with a new knife or balisong trick. On the other hand, my girlfriend doesnt understand why im doing this and why i buy so ''many'' knives but still shes is not very familiar with all types of knives and thats scares her. Ill make it my mission to introduce her to all the opening and closing mechanism. Any other suggestions??

THEONEANDONLY likes this.
  9. Looseyfur

show her one of sarah's vids.

10. JohnnyBmore

JohnnyBmore Balisong defender

Pretty much everyone close to me has a Bali

My wife supports everything I do ... but yeah the Balisong has become pretty rampant in the day to day activities of everyone I know and love

My wife , Kids ,Dad ,Brother , At least Six of my local friends, and well countless others now carry Balisongs because of me.. that feels supportive.
    I need to do a new flipping vid with my daughter :thumbsup:.

11. KnifeAddicc

KnifeAddicc Average member

i looked her up in the member list but theres nothin there, excuse my ignorance but where do i see her vids

12. Looseyfur

13. Baliguy

Baliguy Huge member

Show her a trick or two, if she gets bit by the bug maybe she will understand why we do what we do.

My GF has always been rather cool about my balisongs. She bought me a pair for a gift awhile back and she puts up with the noise when we watch TV and I am practicing. She said she no longer hears it and I should feel free to practice. She is always giving opinions when I am looking at new knives and she picks one up form time to time to flip a bit. Nothing fancy as she said I am into them enough for both of us and they don't really interest her.

14. Mystik

Mystik That's no ordinary rabbit! JDBA Official Member

I just have a stuffed bunny plushie that I talk to... He's the only one who understands the balisong addiction. :bwah:

15. Glenn

Glenn Sol Invictus Knife Maker or Craftsman

Sarah has a bra too

Just sayin. :ropeman:

16. Nardath

Nardath Nard Wrath

My misses completely understands my hobby has become a passion a while ago. She's not fond of the constant sound and destruction that comes with me flipping, but once we get our own house that won't be an issue. She watches all my vids and lets me flip all the time, she's helped me a few times with vids (ex: the JDBA passing team comp vid, she threw the knives to me) and has been featured in a few of my daily flips. She's a true Bali-sista. Shes flips my trainers every now and again, basic aerial being her favorite trick. But like someone one said
    " I love * flipping, but I love pussy more "

17. echoshock

echoshock Huge member

My dad is the one showed me what can be done with a bali, and has always been supportive of it. Then, my mom became more supportive, and then my girlfriend.

18. empyC

empyC Average member

I'd say my girlfriend's the biggest support, which is awesome. She says she likes swords more than balis or knives in general, but I bet I can convert her. :chuck:

19. velocityboy

velocityboy Huge member

See my avatar for my only bali supporter. She's about the only one who doesn't think I'm crazy for it.

All the humans will be sorry though if/when I die early and leave my bali collection to the dog in the will. Far and away the most valuable things I own.

20. DeadPuppy

DeadPuppy JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

My parents for sure are a huge support. They bought me my first knife, as well as some other big ones for Christmases, Birthdays, etc. They've always been very encouraging and supportive of the hobby. Coolest parents ever!

My friends are also pretty supportive. Some of them want nothing to do with flipping, while others give it a shot (one is actually pretty good), but they all understand that it's more than just a serious hobby for me. I'm the crazy knife guy in my group of friends, but they're all fine with it. We laugh and joke about my obsession and they'll watch me when I practice flipping, and whenever something needs cut I'm the go-to guy. It's pretty cool.

And of course, my girlfriend is super supportive. She gets worried whenever I get cut (of course) but is always happy to watch me flip. She's also eager to constantly learn new things flipping as well. So far she's able to do a few basic rollovers and twirls...Some day she'll be good. When her and her best friend are over, they each always have one of my knives (they just go straight to my room and take them) and are flipping them around. It's rather amusing that most of my guy friends and roommates have no interest in knives or flipping, but a lot of my female friends do...