1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestions needed for knife purchase

S2Six Apr 26, 2018

1. S2Six

S2Six Little member JDBA Official Member

Alright Devils, I've been going on a tear lately to expand my collection, and I can't decide on what I want next. So, after days of toiling, I want to reach out and see what ya'll would suggest. I don't want to spend more than $750, and I'm looking for a folder that I can put into my carry rotation. I live in VA, so pretty much everything is legal to open carry.

I've been eyeing the PM2 sprint run with the jade scales, and a large Sebenza, among several others. What are some of your favorite carries that you'd suggest?

Thanks all.

QMAXIMUS likes this.
  2. KaptainKürbstomp

KaptainKürbstomp Little Member

Maybe not the coolest knife of all time, but I bought a sheepsfoot Griptilian about 2 years ago and I constantly put it through hell. It's done remarkably well and it's been through a couple sets of aftermarket scales because I'm not a fan of the factory ones at all. I think these ones are the keepers, I bought them off a Russian guy on Ebay and they're an absolute dream. I alternate between this and my BM 63 for EDC. Almost feels like having a PM2 or something similar because of the blade style and that's mostly why I haven't picked up a Spyderco yet since I've had it. It's been a really great little knife and hope to have it for a long time.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

S2Six likes this.
  3. begreen61

begreen61 Deadicated JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

I like Medford ,But there a knife maker here named Jason Lyons make one of the best flipper folders there is,, he goes by Blackmetal1187,,look him up I did a pass around here with the folder i'm talking about ,it got great reviews,,or you can buy my Medford,,lol

KaptainKürbstomp likes this.
  4. BennytheBlade

BennytheBlade LUC4 JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

If you don't have a sebenza, you should.

QMAXIMUS and desmodus like this.
  5. wes

wes Mephistopheles Super Moderator Brigade Member

+1

I don't have one. I should have bought one. It would have been easier by far.

6. desmodus

desmodus Arc Sodium Administrator Lady Devil JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

I'm not going lie, these are pretty cool:
    IMG_20180422_210228604_BURST000_COVER_TOP-960x540.jpg

zogglet, QMAXIMUS, tonk and 1 other person like this.
  7. wes

wes Mephistopheles Super Moderator Brigade Member

Those are cool. You can have two or three for your budget. Or a Sebenza and one of those.

8. desmodus

desmodus Arc Sodium Administrator Lady Devil JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

The sebenza was the first 'expensive' knife I bought and it blew my mind how awesome it really was. I still have it and even though it's got twenty thousand miles on it, it functions just as well as it did on day one.

9. S2Six

That Grip is pretty awesome Kurb, I love those scales on it.

Thanks for the suggestions and comments all. I went and put an order in for a large Sebenza with the insingo blade and black micarta inlays, and I'm pretty jazzed about it. It's been on my most wanted list for a while. Might have to pony up for that sprint run PM2 too though, I love that jade color.

zogglet, QMAXIMUS and desmodus like this.
  10. tonk

tonk JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

These seem kinda interesting

Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
  11. QMAXIMUS

QMAXIMUS JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

Congrats on the Sebenza purchase! Chris Reeve 21 is definitely one of my next purchases. Never held one but from what others say its one of the best.

desmodus likes this.
  12. S2Six

I can 100% confirm now QMaximus that it is definitely one of the best that I've handled and used. For anyone to keep it from use is a travesty. This knife lives to cut! The first time I used it, I had to cut up a piece of foam at work and it moved through it like butter. Great fit and finish; very glad I decided to pull the trigger on it. Again, thanks everyone for the suggestions.

QMAXIMUS likes this.
  13. QMAXIMUS

QMAXIMUS JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

Right on, always a gamble purchasing a high end knife just going off what others say about it. Gonna head to a local cutlery shop this weekend and check one out. I'm stoked for ya man! Congrats again!