1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestions for Marrakesh, Morocco and Grenada, Spain?

skyblue Apr 8, 2016

1. skyblue

skyblue JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

I'm taking a very special trip later this year with the family to celebrate an anniversary, and want to pick up a koummya or jambiya in Marrakesh and/or a navaja in Grenada or Seville. Does anyone have any contacts or suggestions on reputable shops in the area that sell quality custom or production knives that are not the usual run-of-the-mill tourist fodder typically sold in souvenir shops?

I guess I could get them cheaper online, but I'd like to be able to handle and choose my special knives from a variety of local makers in order to help preserve the memories of our trip. Now that the children are older and have moved out, it's not often that we can get away together for special family time!

Thanks, brothers!!

2. parfums95

parfums95 Huge member

I know these craftsmen knives, they are very interesting with tradition knives .
    www.cuchilleriafernandez.com

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2016
  3. skyblue

skyblue JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Thank you for your input! I would love to pick up one of their navajas! The coral handles on some are very beautiful! Unfortunately, Albacete is about a 4 hour drive from Granada, and I'm afraid we just won't have the time to make it unless I can convince the family. I'll send them a message to inquire if they have dealers in Seville or Granada...