1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Sugarskull this is really important about him

Kelper Jul 29, 2012

1. Kelper

Kelper Penguin Egg Eater Lady Devil

One year has passed since my Scotty left this world for another place.

This is Monday, early am. Sunday was a time for great reflection on Scott's passing away, a year ago. Seem's so much has happened at the fleamarket.

Got up in the morning, Gene gives me the space he knows I need to reflect upon the past. Of such little time in the area of the life Scott and I had together as a couple. So I HAD to be out of the house before the time I found you that morning, I kept looking at my watch, knowing what time this was done and that. I talked to Gene said to him let me do the work today, go have fun, look around, appreciate what is around you. I sold well, But, never a moment did I forget what Scott and I had achieved before we quit when the economy took a bad turn.

As so many of you know I have had so many high moment's in the time scale of real life. Low times too, lonely times, when I never thought for a moment that life to carry on living daily is a constant battle, to survive. Living on hope, dreams dashed away, grieving, loosing two jobs. Know I really need another (30th is coming finally) I can now sign up for work at an agency. Glad I had time to reflect, talk to friends old and new. Gene came back around 1pm as asked, I said I need to go now, he knew where I needed to be. I went back to building 6. It is where Scott and I started our adventure into the knife world. It has all changed now, our friend's are still there for the most part. Only our space is now taken. I went in, walked around read the nice quotes on the wall. The, cushion's, plates, plaques, so many messages to read. All memories imprinted on my brain. Heart is heavy, beating too fast again. Pulse has been running too high. Get my BP checked weekly for free at the Mall now. Lost weight again,

So many of our friends remembered you today and said a year it does not seem that long. It is that long since I lost you Scotty.Your estate still has not been settled, yet your parent's let your brother take your car and drive it. I do not mind, it was your's Gregg drives it now. I like my little car better.

So today, once again we gather at your grave and weep, for the love we all have in our hearts for you. Your life was short, your memory lives in forever in our hearts. Such lesson's we have learnt for we know just how life as we know it can be so effortless can be snatched away.

Till we meet again, R.I.P Scotty Lee Adam's save us a seat at the bottom of the tree of life, we will met again.

Rosie​

GEEZER likes this.
  2. Obijuan Kenobe

Obijuan Kenobe Our only hope! Brigade Member

RIP Scott. I still occasionally find myself wondering why you haven't posted lately.

Has it really been a year already?

obi

3. RoadFish

RoadFish Cathar Knight

Yes, Sugarskull is missed. He was someone who spoke his mind and had a different angle on things than most. RIP, Sir.

4. GEEZER

GEEZER Beware The Ides of March Brigade Member

R.I.P. Scott.

5. cornnutt

cornnutt Knife Junkie Brigade Member

Miss Rosie,
    They say time heals all wounds... Thats bull shit, just makes the pain a lil' easyer to bare. Just know he never left you. When needed he's still there watchin' over you and walkin' beside you. Look for the sighs. You are never alone, you have family and freinds you never meet and We are all there for you. So keep your head high and chin up for the both of you.
    R.I.P Scotty, we miss you greatly... And we' ll see you again for the first time...

6. OnceBitten

OnceBitten Momma said I'd go blind Brigade Member

Nice post, Rosie.

I admire you for your strength and perseverance; Scott was lucky to have you.

A year has passed and we all miss Sugar. He was rather unique.

You, my dear, made it through that year and the roller-coaster it was. It has made you stronger and wiser. Scott would be proud.

RIP, Mr. Adams.
    :rip:

7. Glenn

Glenn Sol Invictus Knife Maker or Craftsman

Rosie, your strength is far beyond what you know, and you should be very proud.

Scott was a special guy, he and I spoke frequently and I miss him dearly.

This reminds me of a line of text I will share with you, please hold it near and dear.

"Your Remembrance Is My Medicine"

See we are on the Earth a short while, the memories we leave behind are our legacy. Scott is remembered dearly.

Sincerely, Glenn

Kelper likes this.
  8. RNST

RNST Entrusted Devil Super Moderator

Scott and Jerry will be in many Devil's memories for a very long time.

I am truly sorry for your loss Rosie.

Kelper likes this.
  9. kayakjax

kayakjax Deep & Wide Brigade Member

You always knew when you'd see a post by Sugarskull that it'd be interesting.

I might not understand it, but it'd be interesting. :bwah:

He was a true Devil and is still sorely missed.

Our thoughts are still with you today, Rosie.

Kelper likes this.
  10. Kelper

Thank you for remembering the loss of Scott.

ty kayackjax, obi,RNST, Glenn what you wrote was amazing meant a lot to me. Oncebitten you also wrote lovely words, Geezer thanks for friending me recently, Glenn you have enough problems of your own but will treasure the words you wrote "Your Remembrance Is My Medicine"
    Oncebitten, your so right it has been one hell of a roller coaster year. You have all given me strength to move on with my life. Yes, I jumped in far to soon, with one in particular. Now I feel after laying the flowers at Scott's graveside there was some kind of finality about it, but not quite, I know I need more acceptance time. I have had to become stronger just to make it this far, I know there were times I wanted to be with my Scotty. Now I know life is so darn precious to us all. Now I look around and know and feel what others are going through,
    Work goes on, the butthole at the flea is not going to run me out nor is anyone else.

I have met Chelsea Scott's daughter for the first time,wow she is lovely and so caring, Beautiful girl about 24 and so little. We are to meet and talk about the dad she did not get to know. She was so young when he had to give up custody of his children. His mom still hounds me as does his ex..this past weekend I went to building 6 and there she was saying her late husband passed away so young well knowing me I ripped into her.I told her how much he hated her and what she had done to him, she never dared say a word, my friend Rita said when I introduced Chelsea as Scott's daughter she said it all fits into place now. That woman did not say a word to me after that.About ten mins later Chelsea came to see me and Gene gave me big hugs, she does not know what really happened between them. But that woman ruined his life. I cannot tell her it would not be right, but wish she knew his son too. Gene being polite went to shake her hand she said no I need a hug from you too. Maybe our Scott is looking out for us all. Gene and I cannot have kids cause of my age,hope that Chelsea and Derek meanwhile will come to us since they do not like the mother. I hope so, we plan on getting to know each other more.

Now life has thrown me another curve, my daughter Jenny is married and pregnant so grandma to #6 11th Dec, my granddaughter Lina is suicidal asking for help, but in UK they told her that the phyc ward was not a good place to be. Jen and I have talked almost daily now she has an appointment for Lina this coming Monday. There could be a place for her to stay finally anywhere from 2-5 days. Jen' marriage is over after just a few months her ex cannot deal with Lina he is younger than my daughter.

So here I am back on two roller coasters, flea market stuff can just go over my head it is not important for two days a week, Just there to make a few bucks and live for another day. Saturday it starts 5am up and set up by 7-4pm, takes ages to do this.

Scotty are old customers are finding me again seems every weekend I have to tell one or two your gone. I miss you Scotty love forever, Rosie the penguin egg eater.

GEEZER likes this.
  11. dymond47

dymond47 Better than gold or platinum

prayers sent for you and your family Rosie..

12. Shike

Shike knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

I still find myself looking for his posts. Surely missed.

Kelper likes this.
  13. Kelper

"Your Remembrance Is My Medicine"

Wow what a week. I signed up with a job agency no work. Again, getting fed up with this situation. So off to the fleamarket this weekend to find out the main hater of me has been arrested. Cut a long story short, he was beating on his wife, she called cops thurs night on him, he crawls army style down a hill behind their house. Cops get the dude, fingerprint him, Ok now is the fun part.. domestic abuse in Virginia, violation of parole, plus six other outstanding charges. On top of that he is in waiting to be extradited to Virginia. Wife is happy sold out to someone and life goes on at the fleamarket.

Chelsea's birthday was today (Sunday) have not had the chance to see her this week she works a lot. Managed to get my cell to link up with facebook lol. More tech savvy about time yes I think. Chelsea finally knows the truth about her daddy, her grandma showed her the court papers. I asked if she could as it is not my place to do so. I love that girl like she is my own.

Daughter is doing fine, baby in the oven growing nicely, Lina will be starting therapy thankfully Tues and Thursdays, to help her cope with her depression. I hope so much that this works for my granddaughter. last facebook pic she had disfigured her face by cutting under and around her eye, that girl is beautiful breaks my heart to see this.

Shrink tomorrow got to persuade him to get me off of these meds, know its going to be a hard slog, but tough old woman here. Gene knows I could blow up or whatever so he is ready for anything. Going to his parents after doing that and scrap. Tues another agency and keep on hoping to find work.

Been worried sick about immigration, found out its ok after divorce no family here, fill in paperwork on due date pay fees and good to go. Got to October 3rd to file. Six months before due date. Five months or so it is going to happen. I am going to make it finally.

Just realised today, I have not had my hair cut since Scotty passed away. Think I like it longer, know he would have too.

Gene appreciates the support I get on here, he has chosen not to join because it is a sacred place that Scott and I shared together. He said hi to all. He does not even want to read this thread.

Thanks everyone for reading, and Shike for being my new friend.

14. Lone_Wolfe

Lone_Wolfe Bunker Dweller Lady Devil JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

I didn't know him, but can see he was loved by many. May he RIP and his family find healing.

15. Kelper

Thank you Lone_Wolf. Healing is time, doc will not take me off meds, he said I am not ready, got too much stress right now. He said that coming off could shorten my life or relapse within a year. Guess got to take his advice, he is the doc not me.

Busy week ahead job hunting again. But, great news, got my LOTR swords and shield back. Helmet has rusted some hoping to fix that. Buddy going to put it on ebay for me. Hope that will help out some. I said will take a split pay whatever, this comp is too slow to work with extra pics. Next week or during this one hope to have my other stuff back again. Glad I sat on some value went up found out Bud K and Smokie Mountain fell out with the United stuff but he never got the rights to one of the shields I have left.

Granddaughter doing better, new grandchild on the way is doing good.
    Chelsea Scotts daughter is still in touch daily great kid...

Thanks for the support on here, JD rocks!!

16. Kelper

Post 666

Scotty, wanted to save this post for your thread. Took me 5 years to make it though. Wish you could have been here to see it for yourself. Had a tough day yesterday, met with your mum, I have finally seen your autopsy results for the first time. I could not help crying for your loss. We spent 4 hours talking at the Golden Corral, both of us know you died too young. She said that you had a gift on layaway for my birthday last year, but you had to cancel because you could not afford it. Just knowing you tried was enough for me. She said you where looking for a place in another area for us too. I knew that because we talked about it.
    I am still here in this house where you passed away. I have changed things around now. Had to make the bottom of the stairs look different. I look back and think of what could have been should have been, now Chelsea and Derek are living in Bluff City near the flea market. I am looking out for them now, you would be so very proud of the both of them.

Still dating Gene, this week will be nine months since we met again. He is so good to me and we always talk about how you were.

One day we will meet again, miss you so much. Lots love always, keep me safe from harm and pain. Know your in a better place now. Your memory and posts will live on.

Your babycakes, lover best friend penguin egg eater. Your Rosie,there will always be a special place in my heart for you. R.I.P Scotty Lee Adams. :cry::devilinheaven:

Glenn and GEEZER like this.
  17. GEEZER

GEEZER Beware The Ides of March Brigade Member

Rosie, best post yet!

Hoping all good things for you...

18. Lone_Wolfe

Lone_Wolfe Bunker Dweller Lady Devil JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

There needs to be a 'Like' button for that post.

GEEZER likes this.
  19. Kelper

Scotty, your mum played a blinder she showed Chelsea the court papers about what happened with the children. Chelsea and I talked a lot about it tonight. She said she was dreaming you and her where laughing and having fun, but when she awoke she knew someone had passed away, she called your mum. Then she found out she lost her daddy. She wanted to be at the funeral, but could not get a flight from Texas for the time she needed.

Poor kid, my heart goes out to her. Chelsea thanked me for being there for you she knew you and her mother were not meant to be. Seems that woman is still lazy now again leeching off Chelsea again. She wanted me to confirm all I knew from you, so told her the whole story, know she knows you were not the bad man her mother claimed you to be. She only admitted she had to go to court over the kids. Not why!!

Chelsea knows I am here for her and Derek. I always will be I promise.
    We three need each other for we are the only connection to you love.
    Gene will be there he is giving me and the kids space to get to know each other better.

Some one told me there was an unemployment office here where jobs are posted I go in the morning got my alarm set early, hope I get a job by Wed am. I know the address hope I find it ok, being out of work so long I am scared but I have at least not been idle all this time.

Nice weekend at the flea market though, set up next to me is Tim, his wife is downstairs selling jewelry now she has me selling her's next to my space. I get paid for this not much but glad I have extra coming in. Kept a list of things sold and what others want same as my space. Asked Jay if he would buy me out of two swords for 100 but he cannot afford it. I just want knives to sell. Still got some more swords from when we closed down to come back here from Jamie's he still has the Cold Steel ones. Gene is pulling out of the flea market, he hates selling but is still going to be there pay half the rent till I get on my feet again. He will go out buying silver and gold to help out. Wish I knew how to set up the camera for ebay pictures. Just going to sell for the cost will make enough then to pay for renewal of green card. Not got long now. Just a month away love.

Long shot if anyone reads this my camera is a Sony Cybershot 3.2 mg pixels. Got all the fittings for uploading to my comp. Going to trade under me and Scott's username. We had 100% feedback, honest sellers. randssupply was our username should anyone want to check for themselves.

Scotty please stop the rain if you can, I may end up flagging for a company here that takes on women for that job.

Miss you so much you were and still are in my heart your memory will live on with your children and me standing beside them, want us three to visit you together. Think it is important we three say goodbye alone like it should have been. :cry:

20. Bruce

Bruce New Jersey's *other* Bruce

I have not been active on the JD in over a year and today's post is the first I'm hearing of Sugerskull's passing. Needless to say I'm shocked and saddened by the news. He seemed like a great guy, I will miss his posts. My condolences Rosie. :bruce: