1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Sugarskull this is really important about him

Kelper Jul 29, 2012

1. Kelper

Kelper Penguin Egg Eater Lady Devil

Time I checked in again, what a few days.

The new job is short term, meaning till the end of the school year. Mostly I will be taking the oldest to school. Not having to pick up this week until Wed. Mon(tomorrow) we have him for the whole day. A lot of my friends promised to help but never showed up. So there was Gene, me, the nanna and her brother all working our assess off to unload a rather large uhual. The oldest did the main loading at the old house with his uncle. We had already done the fleamarket, then it was off to help out my friends. These two boys are going to be adopted by nanna who is my friend due to neglect, abuse, (will let you guys conjure up what these two have gone through). All I can say it is the worst of the worst as far as I am concerned. The eldest is 11, he tells us what has happened to him in the past. I thank god that he and the little one are safe now. I feel like I am doing more than just a job now, today we had the children for most of the day. They have both bonded so well with us. I never realized that they had never played on swings at a local park, such a simple pleasure. Scouring the shore collecting shells, we played tag, another kid joined in to help this old girl. I cannot run as fast as they both can. Gene is great with the boys, they both hug on him and me in a way so sudden and trusting. Kind of hard to explain really.

We all play pranks on each other, lots of love and laughter each step of the way, listening to the comments from the oldest was gut wrenching when he said to Gene that he wished we could have been his parents.

Gene now has finally got a few leads on working, me too hope for a cleaning job for me finally. Not sure until another friend of mine gets back to me with the details. I pray that something will come, but we will both be involved with the boys on a regular basis, no matter what work we end up with. They live but five mins away from us. They need good people around them.

I miss my grandchildren in UK so this is a great step for me too. My grand daughter became 13 today. I hope that my son will allow her to contact me via facebook.

Want so much to go to Scott's grave this weekend and take flowers. But, hope to this week. We still talk of him every day at some time or another. Last week felt sad going to the same building at the fleamarket after yet again having to tell one of his friends he had passed away. I looked around behind me everything has changed. Our space has gone, just another vendor with closed doors, nothing like we had together. This week we bought knives but none sold got them for a buck a piece selling for two bucks. I had said to Gene they where not what Scott and I were known to have. Customer's want me back selling good knives, brand names.

Know today is April Fools Day the oldest is already planning a prank to play on us. Now I have a few hours to find one to play back to him.

So, time to go again, get some sleep when I finally wind down.

2. The General

The General The Devil's General Brigade Member

Condolences. :ssad:

3. Kelper

Thank you for your condolences The General, very much appreciated.

4. Hamon Rye

Hamon Rye Little member

Thank You.

5. Clydetz

Clydetz Forever straight and true Brigade Member

All my best Rosie. Keep hanging in there! :thumbsup:

6. Kelper

Hanging in tight guys and girls. Still no job, but going to an agency just found out about today, seems you turn up take a number, then taken to a job, returned and paid that same day. Just hope someone needs me enough to keep it permant.

Not a great weekend at the fleamarket last weekend, hoping for a better one this time, going both days maybe that will help me.

Got to pick up the oldest child tomorrow and take care of them till after 10pm but will be paid for this, had to quit the job on a daily basis as I was going to end up working out of pocket my friend decided not to pay gas for the job. Sad really, but looking forward to spending time with them tomorrow. Grandma has to take classes for adopting these little kids.

Did the removal of stuff from Genes mom's hoarding room, so that earned some cash.

Weight has gone down a little but not too much this time.

Gary good luck at the docs, will check in again tomorrow on your progress.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2013
  7. GEEZER

GEEZER Beware The Ides of March Brigade Member

Rosie, you are an inspiration.
    With your positive attitude, I'm sure good things are headed your way.

8. Kelper

Thank you Geezer, I just keep on trying hard to keep going one foot in front of the other. Just hoping for a real job. If nothing happens next week, going to go along the roadsides and pick up aluminum cans to scrap. Better than doing nothing, Gene is going to help me if he has no work so will be safe. Know I cannot do it on the highways though.

9. Kelper

Back again well sad to say that last week, I had to tell the lady that I could not afford to take her grandson to and from Bristol. She was mean to be honest. She said I have no friends. I let her know that I would honor my commitment with picking and looking after the children on Thurs. She said whatever and would be in touch. She always texts me on a Wed, early am. No word has come through. Guess it is officially over. Shame those kids needed people strong in their lives. I am going to miss them both.

When looking after the boys last week, it was sad to hear that Gene was accused of being in it for the money, $10 for five hours, kind of insulting.

I was so mad as was Gene, I had to reassure the kids that we love them, it has nothing to do with the money. Grandma was not friendly when she got home either. Gene walked out he was so mad. I too said goodnight and loved on the kids, their behaviour was appalling.

This week has been super busy, still on the work look out for us both, decided for this month we would do the fleamarket two days on the weekend. Saturday we ended up going to a pizza place on its last closing day with some other fleamarket buddies. Had a blast but sure suffered the next day. I had a Martini knife stolen one week, from a vendor, the same vendor also stole from another in the same building this past weekend, then a lady said to Gene that she had bought three items not two. I knew different and said so, but Gene being the kind soul he is, just gave her the bracelet as he wanted no fuss.

This week we have been working on the garden for Gene's parent's I have been given a spot of my own to plant on. I used all the ivy I cut away from the home to replant it. Yesterday, we took his mom shopping she and I had a blast together. She wanted a rug for the living room, I found one I thought would suit, she said I had great taste so there she bought it. Even his dad loved it too. Last night his dad said do I ever stay still, I said no I like to keep going.

Managed to see the doc and get the meds I needed so badly before they ran out. Gene paid for it as I had used all my cash up from last week. Gene passed onto me the silver he did not sell this week so I would not need to buy anything this week. Good to have a man about the house also. Nice to be treated like a lady again.

Saturday, will be 16 weeks and still going strong. I know that Scott would be happy for me and Gene. Great to have a good friend in my life again. So guess we are now officially a couple no quarrels, just plain, fun, good love. Gene wants to go to the thrift stores today for his side, see if we can find silver or silver plate. Pre war Japanese sells well here too, along with older glass goods. I am learning fast. Next week it is a serious push for work really serious, at the end of this month we are going back to just doing Saturday's again at the fleamarket. There has to be work out there somewhere. Gene has saved all his life, now he is helping me get through the tough times.

The doc is happy with my progress we are now talking about weaning me off of medication in the next three month visit if he thinks it is wise.

R.I.P Scotty know that you are missed by so many of our friends at the fleamarket. It is always sad to break the news to those who do not know that you are gone. Miss you and love in a special place in my heart for you. xxxx

10. Kelper

Just do not where to begin this time Scott, in a way your friends your friends here on this forum, have been so very generous, a knife with your name in your memory, and funds raised for both me and Jerry's daughter has totally made me stuck for words.I will be able to share the money with your Derek and Chelsea, she has left her loser of a boyfriend, your mum sent her a one way ticket here to TN. I am finally going to be able to meet her, she regrets not having phoned you more often. Probate has not gone through as yet, so I have it in a safe at my bank.

I had to use some of the money to cover prior debts before Gene came along, he has taught me to be thrifty, seems everyone's junk can become something good to us. McDonalds should have us as shareholders. I eat chicken every day. I have learnt how to pick up trash can's, how to buy and sell silver. How to invest in what we both make to keep going. The days have flown by, out early back late.

Today I met Mike our friend from the flea market, had to tell him you were gone, he is going to call Rick your best friend from your school friend I remember hearing all those funny things you guys got up too. I had finished that I had to go to another building to use the rest room there was Jay the other knife seller he wants me back in business again. I heard him say Rosie, what do you think of these knives, made cheap of course, then a kid said Rosie have you and Scott broke up, I could not believe it was the three young brothers that used to come to us all that time ago. I said no you passed away last year, only to be told they too lost their middle brother from a brain anurisum. Just two weeks ago. Next thing we were all hugging and crying on each other, then the oldest said I still have your Rosie's Blade Shop card on his bedroom wall.

Gene and I have survived like this for 5 months now, we are still together and strong.

I don't know what to say tonight except sleep well love, I will stay strong, and go for citizenship before my green card expires.

11. Clydetz

All the best to you and Gene, Rosie. :thumbsup: May your spirit never be broken and may you rock & roll forever. Get going with your citizenship application and testing. I doubt I could pass the test. :bwah:

12. AJD1

AJD1 Prince Of Darkness Brigade Member

As always,glad to hear you are keeping your head up

and nice to know you are doing better..

Keep it up Rosie!

13. waterdogs

waterdogs Brigade Member Brigade Member

I think you`re a different kind of "Alien", Gary....:ropeman:

14. Kelper

Thank you Gary, ADJ1 and Waterdogs. I did do a mock online test, scored 88% 12 stupid questions wrong. I dislike multi choice answer's, I want to be 100% no error's. A pass is 58% if I remember right, to me that is not good enough. Perfection is what I am looking for.

Great weekend at the flea market although Gene could not be there yesterday (Sat). He was getting things done with his dad while he still has some of his memory intact.

Had some butthole, who has apparently threatened to have me deported, I have done nothing wrong. Had a good few run in's with this guy. A while back he came to me looked at my knives and said do you want to see a real knife, sure I said, I looked, then I said you want to see a real knife, so I pulled up that nice little Bark River Scott first had. It is now my EDC.

2nd run in with him was over a Collectable 1970's Collectable Jade Pipe. He said that is a crack pipe, then I let rip, cussed him up one side and down the other. So I take the pipe to the manager as I was gone he said to Gene I just walked past to see if you had that pipe for sale if so I am calling ATF. I found out that indeed no tobacco products were not to be sold at the fleamarket so I said to her I have only this one.

Since then he has been copying everyone in the same building as us, and undercutting, reporting people, insulting them. Payback was yesterday. This guy thinks he is a big shot, I came in to see that someone had copied his selling of cheap cars you can buy for $35 a piece for ten assorted childrens ones, he sells them for over $250. Gene and I's friends decided ok, its our turn. So here they go selling them for $75. They hit him back hard right in his pocket.

Today I was told he is going to find a way to deport me. I am no threat to him, just go about my business and sell knives. Next week, I get my sales license and will start stocking the best I can find. Customers that Scott and I had are very supportive, they knew we knew what to sell.

Rosie's Blade Shop will reopen for new business, small at the start as alway's. I will sell NO copies, I will sell nothing but the best.

I am staying strong not putting up with any bullies like him. Scott taught me well.

Scott had already bought the string beads, but had not finished so Gene also being his friend finished them off in a way he thought Scott would have approved of. I wore them for the first time today at Gene's request.

GEEZER likes this.
  15. Manganr

Manganr Devils Supermoderator Super Moderator

Stand tough Rosie. The JD is proud of you for getting where you have after all the shit you've had to deal with.

Never lower yourself to their level. Always think before you act and you'll win every time.

Go girl!:thumbsup:

Kelper likes this.
  16. Kelper

:devilzeekThank you Manager, this lady is staying so very strong, today got my sales license, drove over 160 miles to get my knives was so hyped up today, the heart is pumping good and strong,this am, going to show them what I am made of. Tough as old boots that is me. I choose wisely and with great thought, it was lovely to be remembered by my wholesaler, sadly I had to pass on the bad news again. I always dread that moment the memory will never fade of that first morning when I had to make that post. I miss my Scotty, so hard to believe it is nearly one year since I posted. Making a memory box for me. Gene understands and is cool with it.

Gene sorry to say he is going to payback and when it comes will let you all know. He made some more sets of beads, necklace, bracelet and earrings to sell this morning.
    I still wear the beads, I love them.Gene is pulling out of the flea market for a while till payback is coming. But he is going to help me make it from the sidelines. I know Scott would be very proud of me, and his friend too.

Rosie's Blade Shop could not be given again. So now its Rosie's Blades. I owe Geezer a green, but have to spread some more around first.

7am this Saturday Rosie's Blades kicks off with excellent steel. Plus a nice red lined box to lock it away from thieve's :jdwink2:
    :devilinheaven:

17. Kelper

Seems a while since I checked in.

Life has been very busy, not job wise so much as I still do not have one.

The fleamarket is taking up a whole load of time, I am finding better knives to sell. This morning I went through my wholesalers catalogue and have a good selection of USA, Swedish, German etc, anything but china made stamped.

People are pleased to see me back again, got some soldier's coming back as they seem to want one knife in particular. I am going to provide those for sure.

The saddest part is every weekend, I have to tell Scott's customer's that he has gone. I still find it painful to have to tell them. Most take his loss badly, so I comfort them. Gene knows I have to do this.

The worst part was Scott's mom coming by last week, when he passed away, she asked for his suit his shoes etc to be buried in. She took me aside to tell me she had a yard sale and sold all the clothes that I had to give her with labels on, not only that, but his shoes too.
    Guess that has really made me extremely angry with her, no need for that. Here I am making a memory box for Scott, Gene is helping me to do this. I feel that this something I need to do. I even have one photo of him from ten years ago a friend gave me.

One of Scott's friend's has renamed his plumbing business Adam's Plumbing, it was one of his best friends, made me feel so proud to see Tim doing this. I know Scott would be glad to be remembered in this way.

Thanks to facebook on the forum I find myself learning more by the day.

18. Kelper

:devilinheaven::TOB:Thinking of you Scott on the first anniversary of us not being together. We miss you, from your favorite:brit:

19. Kelper

Got to meet Scott's daughter for the first time.

We were working at the flea market Sunday, Scott's parent's came up with Derek his son and Chelsea his daughter, I had only spoke to Chelsea once on the phone years ago, she wanted to hear a British accent as she was learning Japanese. Wow she really blew my mind, great girl and wants us to meet up and she wants so much to get to know more about her dad. She hugged on me like crazy then hugged on Gene. Derek was looking great. July 29th we are all going to lay flowers together at Scott's graveside. Then eat out. Life is great, no work yet but scraping by at the flea market. The job place is not hiring until the 30th, so that day got to be there 9.30 am and hope for work the next day. :thumbsup: Scott you would have been so proud of your children.

20. Clydetz

Glad to hear something good is happening, Rosie. Be strong, say hello to Gene and keep the updates coming. :thumbsup:

Kelper likes this.