1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Sugarskull this is really important about him

Kelper Jul 29, 2012

1. AILL

AILL Enormous member

Kelper, not so difficult: simply to add a cross to his avatar in his posts precisely after his nickname. We have done this in some german forums. So everybody knows (the newbies too) that this is a post of a passed member, and there is no (real) need to respond or to wait for a response.

Andreas

2. Kelper

Kelper Penguin Egg Eater Lady Devil

Nice idea Andreas but I do not know his password to edit it. Othewise would do so. Thank you for responding.

3. AILL

AILL Enormous member

Admins can. Sure.

Mr.LaBella?

Andreas

4. Kelper

Six months today since you left us.

Six months such a lot has happened gone through some really hard times. Now I have lost my job reason not enough work for me to do now. No one gave me warning, Tim never returned my texts about working here this coming week. I did get a good reference though. Guess that was something, wish I had warning so I could have been looking for work in the afternoons. Feel pretty much like I have been shate on. Sharon said they will need me in a couple of weeks or so, but after this. NO WAY. Job scared would not suit me. I know I will find work cause even if its minimum wage I will take it.

Gene is still with me, going to help to get me to Manpower a work agency here in town. Had a nice week really, spent good time with him, last night went to check on his parents, going for dinner at his sisters tomorrow night which will be nice. His mum said there is nothing wrong with the age difference so guess I have another toy boy in my life again. It is good and you know he cares about me Scott. His mom did not like my ex one bit. Gene talks about our life together when you were alive. It is a good thing to talk, the doc said I should.

His mom was so kind she gave me a Christmas Cacti, I have never seen one since I had left UK. Now I know they are here will get more cuttings from this one, keep them coming. That was last night, we had a lovely womans chat.

Went to the fleamarket together I really miss that place a lot, seen all our friends and they like Gene as they like to see me happy again. I got that stone set in silver its on the necklace you bought for me, it looks stunning.
    First went to church today, said a prayer for you. Second time in two weeks but its good church more to the liking of one in UK.
    Today we went to the lake, found some lovely pieces of shells some complete some not so.
    Then after that off to the Mall for a walk and bumped into one of the AD's I used to work for when housekeeping, he will let me know if any work can come my way. HHS has lost one contract and maybe loosing this one Ron has come to check that out.

Tomorrow going to take the time to collect my meds from the docs office, Tuesday going to do part of my income taxes.

I did have a row with your mum though over taxes again, but the law is in my favour. She insists on seeing a lawyer again. Well you know your mum she will not listen. She has not called me back nor I called her back either. There is no point to be honest. I am going back to H&R block this year as my taxes are more complicated this year with having three jobs. Glad I filed single zero and with whatever is set for personal taxes should get a fair bit back. Then guess I need to see about food stamps, god I hate that part. Feel like a leech doing that.

JackBlades I am sorry I did not see your post dammit, you called me Rosie/Phyllis since we are connected on facebook, so now you can call me PMS, I prefer Rosie though, that was my son Tim who gave me that nickname. My only child that keeps in touch with me.

Scott knows I am a very determined woman, I will find work, I do not care what I do as long as I get an income. I know the jobs are out there but no one wants to work min wage for me I will do it no matter what.

So here I am six months after you have gone. Cooking again, eating better and almost fit into size ten jeans again. Gene is crafty though it was his turn to cook the other night so we go Chinese, here I am looking unkept straight from work.

Hope by next week I will have a job again.

Scotty I still miss you guess I always will do. But know that I really have to move on. Know you would have wanted that.

Think Gene and I are both good for each other, we are like a pair of teenagers again.

Scott time for me to get off here its late and still dinner to cook.
    Love always your Rosie.

5. Kelper

Still moving on Scotty

This week has been very stressful with job hunting, got my application in with Manpower. Gene took me there its not far from where he lives. Went to the electric company, they said ARM would make me pay $75 up front and they pay the rest. Managed to talk to Joe at Century Link. He said do not do anything unless they contact me for late payment as I have a good credit with them. I am going to get in touch with Tech Support again this week as getting the speeds on this computer is about impossible. Then will go to Customer Support about rebates Joe said they keep a record of all the calls I have made to them about connection issues. I joined the library and just waiting for GED books to come in then I can take it for the first time. Found a place that I can take the test for free, so that will put a stop to my HSD being a problem. On the way back from the Electric company stopped in at the other hospital seems there may be a vacancy for a kitchen Cook/Aide so that application has gone in as well. Tomorrow will go back to the local hospital I worked in before to put in an application for housekeeping again like I used to do before.

Today went to church with Gene again, really had a good time, most of the week he has been around helping out with appointments. I helped his disabled mum repot a lovely plant the other day, so we went back today after the church and fleamarket to give her a hand this time it was to put the planter up on a ceiling hook. It looks really great to be honest. I miss the plant thing as I am sure you know. Wish I had a flower garden like I had in UK.

Gene is making sure I keep on eating though. He cooked last night and tonight since I was busy doing stuff that needed doing on facebook, little Oliver was four this week so Laura posted all his birthday photos. Ellen has pluerasy so she is poorly too. Tim is still working hard and now has a facebook page for showing off his skills. I am so proud of Tim, wish I could catch him on chat though he is not easy to get hold of with the time difference between here and UK.

It has been a month now since Gene and I started seeing each other I think well we both think that we are both getting along really well, today we put our names down at church for Valentines day. It looks to be a good get together for that evening, I still miss you Scotty and will be coming to put some flowers down on your grave that day as well. Not sure what else to say to you tonight, just know that life is hard but I am not giving up on myself. I have to be strong, just be really pleased when I get the income taxes in. Then I can get my passport updated ready to reapply for Lawful Permant Status for the next ten years. It is the cheapest way at this time. Maybe I will be able to save more in the coming years to go for citizenship finally. Know you wanted that for me, but with the way it is now I will just wait on that.

Gene likes to hear the funny things we shared when we were at my ex's just before we moved in here.

Hope to go and visit your grave this week, but depends on the weather its been snowing again.

Love always Scotty, you will never be forgotten love. Your Rosie xxx

6. clockwork477

clockwork477 Huge member

Prayers coming your way. Stay strong. I know you will.

Kelper likes this.
  7. Clydetz

Clydetz Forever straight and true Brigade Member

News I like to hear, Rosie! :thumbsup:

Kelper likes this.
  8. Kelper

Sorry am late posting this week.

Scotty, been a rough week from pillar to post, the electic people from Arm ended up saying they would pay part for the bill, as I do not have children with me. Got $200 in food stamps coming though, which will help me to pay for food, plus a second food box in two weeks. Still no news on the job front despite everything I try. Off to the fleamarket to selll some stuff I have collected from there over the past few years. Going to ask Terry to bring back the goods from the knife store we had so Gene and I are now looking to renting one inside booth in the future. Glad I have alll that great stock we brought home when we closed down.

I must be getting fat now, was picking something out for Valentines party tomorrow night. Found out I am almost at my previous weight. So sure our friends will be pleased about that. Life is serious with Gene and I now. He has my back all the way thankfully, But we are both planning on coming to your grave Scotty to put earth on it and then plant some grass seed. We both think you deserve that in the very least. Again we will clean the church yard up on neglected graves also.

I hope I can get to post during this coming week, still waiting on tax stuff to come in. Then help will come to pay bills thankfully.

Miss you Scotty, we talk about you all the time,
    Lots love always your Rosie the Penguin Egg Eater. xxx:dozenredroses:

AILL and GEEZER like this.
  9. Kelper

Had a message pm from Gary and Lorne, I have not been on here much as I am in the library posting today, I am doing ok no need to worry about this old Kelper. Just wore out from looking for work here.
    Back to doing fleamarkets again, hope to amass a fortune one day to start the business again. Guess that is not going to happen though.

Got turned down for electric help, seems as I do not have children they will not help me. Fighting hard to keep payments going, not sure if Arm will pay rent yet. For one month only. Pray that they are but have been assured of making small payments I will not be evicted.

Gene is really loving and caring, we talk about Scott and the loss of him, I think it still hurts us both. Our relationship is what we both call a forever one. I know that Scott would approve of us both. At the fleamarket it is hard for he was remembered by so many of our friends and customers so every week, I have to tell at least three or four of our friends that Scott passed away. I find this the hardest part of life. I know that everyone still does not know at this time.

Gene understands how every time I am asked how much it hurts and reminds me of that awful day we talk of SugarSkull and how he got his name. We also have started to put Scott's part of the office around his desk reminders of him so that he is never forgotten.

Stress rates have been very high at this time, just need a job so much. I would lick the pavements clean if I have to. Miss being on here, just $30 to go till I can pick up the second hand revamped one, hope I can sell enough this weekend.

10. Clydetz

Good to see you're still kickin' ass Rosie! Say hello to Gene for me... seems to be a good guy. :thumbsup:

11. OnceBitten

OnceBitten Momma said I'd go blind Brigade Member

Hang in there, Rosie; things will get better.

Count on it. :thumbsup:

12. nocheese4u

nocheese4u Notch'yo' cheese! JDBA Official Member

I really enjoy your posts Rosie I am a noob to the forum and I wish to have had the chance to have known Scott better. I know times seem rough. I know that you will be able to get through it. It will be very hard but do not give up. I thought my world had ended at one time I got through it, and my posts are nowhere as good as yours! I am grateful you share these thoughts with us and, thank you for your help with the troop knife.

Kelper likes this.
  13. Kelper

Still looking for work.

Thank you Gary for what you said about Gene, he really is a very good man 8 weeks on and here we are both together like saimese twins.

Be sure I am kicking ass though, this old girl will never give up trying, put an application in with Hardees the guy said oh good as he opened the envelope last week, never heard nothing back yet, still hoping. Meanwhile Gene has been offered part time work back to mowing again, I also have been asked to work for the same guy landscaping, I know that I will really love it, because I did that in UK for my own garden, although everything I did was by hand. Gene is going to show me how to use power or gas tools plus lend me some of his to help me along. Better to be prepared. I will work all the hours God sends my way just to earn an honest living. Oncebittin I am doing ok, holding my head up high as always. Also Nocheese? hope I spelt that right for you, glad you enjoy my posts here.

I also wish you had got to know Scott better too. He was loved by many on here and also dearly by me.

Last week, Scott's parents came to get his W2 from me, I have heard nothing from them since, guess I never will now. The dad gave me a hug but not his mom, sad when someone dies so suddenly to be treated this way. But, that is ok, it is her choice I still think of them both dearly.

Genes parents are awesome to me. Just wonderful, his sister did offer me a day's work and cancelled out, seems she does this when Gene has had ladies in his life before, he said she gets very jealous. I am no threat to her. If she offers work again will say yes, but if cancelled out again, I will not take it on again.

The electric company is sorted now, Jennifer the office manager is working with me on future payments. I would like to say thank you though for the kind help given to me. I will not mention a name would not like to embarrass a kind soul.

I now have my computer the guy who I was making payments to let me take it and of course as I make money at the fleamarket I will give him a ten here and there to pay for it in a timely manner, as I had promised this to him.

I am sorry that I was lax with keeping in touch on here, will try and post more often.

Guess that is it for today, back to work searching again.

14. firebolt

firebolt Hollandse Duivel Brigade Member

hang in there Phyllis

you will get there :thumbsup:

15. Kelper

Busy week again, the application from Hardee's was a no go after all. Done the fleamarket yesterday, I made my share of the rent and $5.50 profit. Well least I covered that part, will not invest in any more pieces till I get a few more sales the table is still full. New notice came around this time. No homemade cakes etc so know I am safe on chips and soft drinks.

Had a ring here I had bought long ago, I had dug it out, Gene looked at it and discovered it was white gold not silver as I first thought. Plus sapphires had it valued came out at $35 so some lady a nice one really said could she take it to her new hubby he said it was not worth it so offered $20 I said no way, it was appraised Friday.

Today with the time change here did not go to church but went to Genes parents and gave the garden its first work of a nice spring day. I had a blast with that one. Then after we got done late they sent us out with some cash to get a nice dinner for two, Chinese one tonight.

Gene has come up with an idea that no one else is selling so we have decided to work together making children's little picnic tables and chairs. Seems like a good idea for trying this time. Plus making showcases for others all for a fair price as people are usually poor in this area. The showcases will be the small ones for other vendors to put jewellry etc in for showing as the lady next to us had some stolen Saturday. I even got a lesson in relearning knife handles, plus blades from another vendor.

Gene said to say hi Gary, and firebolt too 9 weeks and still very happy. We never find a reason to argue over anything. Firebolt I am hanging in things will get better. I think the idea's are coming together now. One of mine and Scotts friends came by with his wife again, he is involved in home repairs and hopes to find a slot to do the same in this area, repairs painting plumbing etc will be involved in this, We both know how to do all this so that makes it easier, we should get an answer in the next week or two.

The druggies were out in force Friday night again, two doors down so we kept watch on things till it went queit again. The fighting was pretty bad again, plus some little kid out on his own.

This next week is going to be spent trying to get all this into fruition, so going to be a very busy one. One day when I get this computer changed over will be helping Gene to come to this site as he interested in knives etc.

Think that is about the news for this week, so time for sleep ready for a long day tomorrow. Take care and thank you for standing behind this old woman. Scott would have been proud of his friends as I am.

16. Kelper

Well some good news for a change, just been on Facebook, a dear friend of mine wants some help taking care of her newphews. I have to call her Saturday, she is offering to pay for my time. Phew! Not sure of all the details at this time but it is a great start to the day for me. I know the boys are going to be moving into Johnson City where I live so that is a great plus. At the moment they are in Bristol TN. Bit of a hike, but at least my car is great on gas.

Gene and I are still going round the thrift stores looking for dollar items since I do not make much profit there. We set up every Saturday, both of us are actively looking for working. Gene has had to get away from his parent's controlling ways. We will of course still help where and when we can, but he has now offically moved in with me. We both feel so blessed, we have survived others making our lives difficult leaving us without a lot of time together on a personal level. I know the age difference is a lot, just over 11 years but it is working so well. I am just the happiest lady right now. We were talking the other night and discovered he is six years older than my oldest son. Kind of made me laugh somewhat. The friendship we first had way back before I met Scott is a big plus too. All my friends are now his friends too. Just so glad he has been accepted. Gene still has a big collection of things to sell as we are helping clearing house at his mom's for them before we offically find jobs. I am still hunting and not giving up. Nor, is Gene. I did not know he had not lived with a lady before. He suffered the same kind of life that I had in our pasts so we understand each other so well.

We talk about Scott about every day, he is never far from our thoughts. I never hear from Scott's parent's any more that makes me feel so sad when I was such a big part of his life.

We now have decided to give up the church, these past few weeks have been very painful, the preacher is not really preaching as one should, it is all about him his family, his friends. Last Sunday I broke down in church because the preacher said give up the meds God will help you. I cannot cold turkey off of clonopin, I researched all of that. The possiblities are too dangerous to try. I will talk to my doc to wean me off of the meds. I feel I now longer need these any more, but want to do this safely. No one sits with us any more, nor did they ask why I was sobbing my heart out. I just walked away to the car I am not looking back any more. Church should be a joyous occasion, a celebration, how can the preacher buy a huge RV, have fingers dripping with gold. You ask for help, but get none. I asked if anyone had work for me, just a day here a day there but no response. I see people tithing with checks, big containers of money sitting at the entrance. Meals put on for the favoured few. I am not envious that is not my way. Guess we have both lost faith. I know I am not really supposed to talk about religieon on here. But, today I feel I need to share my thoughts.

The guy I was paying originally on layaway has given me the computer and said just pay him back when I get real work. I think that is so very kind of him. I plan on getting Gene on Facebook, and he wants to join this site as he is very interested in knives and a lot of other things too.

Know that I should be on here posting more often, but time eludes me, I am posting on the Facebook part of JD. I use that to keep up with my family in UK.
    I feel bad for not welcoming new members here as I used too. Hope I can be forgiven for that.

This morning I am able to post as I am waiting for Gene to wake up, he did not sleep well last night, so he went downstairs and did some major rearraging of the living room where we keep all the fleamarket goods. It looks great.

I guess I have waffled on too much this morning. Just wanted to let you know that I am ok and doing well and very happy. My weight is great, my hair is now growing back.

Guess it is time to go and wake Gene for we have a very busy day ahead.

JD rocks! I have so much respect for each and every one of you, for the kind words, you have written. I will do my best to keep updating as much as possible.

Doc Pringles and GEEZER like this.
  17. GEEZER

GEEZER Beware The Ides of March Brigade Member

Great to see your post, Rosie.
    Hoping things get better for you every day.

Kelper likes this.
  18. Clydetz

Nice to hear some good news, Rosie! :thumbsup:
    This was my experience with the church when I was just a wee lad: At age 13 I was handed a Bible from the Rev after completing Sunday school. The Rev left our church to do missionary work in some foreign country. My father didn't think much of the 'new' Rev and we stopped going to church. Haven't been back since. I still consider myself somewhat religious but now I 'talk' directly to the man upstairs. He seems to listen. :jdwink2:
    Best wishes for you & Gene. :thumbsup:

19. Bobert

Bobert Look what I can do!

Glad to hear things are getting better for you, Rosie. You are in our thoughts, more than you know.

Kelper likes this.
  20. Kelper

Thank you!!

Thank you Geezer, Gary, and Bobert, for your very kind words. We both appreciate them very much.

Yesterday was busy as ever, done the thrift stores, worked into the small hours taking stickers off, cleaning polishing etc.

Gene's parent's were nice yesterday, encouraged us to pack up his possession's to bring to where they said was home. Now we have the spare room to work on, Gene found a lot of his stuff in there. So today we go off to the can place to get some cash there and a lot of other scrap metal from his old mower's weedeater's etc. I am taking a lot of toys to a consingment store here, I got them free when I was working here. People left a lot of stuff in the empty apartment's.

I am feeling so much more positive, glad to have left the church and speak the the man upstairs on our own.

I am so looking forward to looking after the children, I miss my grandchildren so much. We are both meeting my friend Saturday. I start the first Monday in April.

:thumbsup: