1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Subaru VS. The First Amendment

HotrodKelley Feb 7, 2015

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jjhamilton

jjhamilton JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

That's cute butter cup, but I not be concerned with the muse of ignorance and bliss....try again...

2. TopHat

TopHat Drivin' that train..... Brigade Member

HotRod....or I think his name in Stripes was Cruiser....has a history of flipping out and saying stupid shit..... :bwah:

3. HotrodKelley

HotrodKelley Brigade Member Brigade Member

"But I not be concerned"

Talk about irony.

I hear the banjos playing with every one of your posts.
    So please.... Keep going.

4. HotrodKelley

Now that the peanut galley is out of the way, this flag issue is a First Amendment issue. Bottom line.

Everyones tales of the crypt stores are all a side issue.

5. TopHat

Agreed that it is a freedom of expression issue....but not First Amendment....

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2015
  6. jjhamilton

O
    Bottom line is you're partial to a flag that does nothing but continue to signify division and segregation....but it's the Jews fault I suppose for thier massacre? And southern slavery was the Africans fault too? Peanut gallery you say? First Admendment issue? No, more like an educational issue seems to me...Wrap yourself in a confederate flag and cuddle up at night if you want, I gives no fucks....But the irony is someone shouting freedom restricted while not allowing the owner of his own property not being allowed to say what is displayed on thier property...I suppose thier freedom of choice has no bearing so long as your point os accepted...

Have you thought to think, no one makes anyone work for someone they don't agree with...but some would rather get that paycheck an bitch about the illusion of oppression. Instead of bitching here stand up, go kick in the door and demand they let you display your flag, like a true rebel without a cause....Bitch:devilfinger::bwah:

7. TopHat

Watch out....here come HRK....bitch!

[​IMG]

8. jjhamilton

"And the South shall rise again"....around 3am

:bwah:

9. fod

fod Hand of the Box Master Knife Maker or Craftsman

Wrong answer. . .again.

As mentioned it is a property rights issue, as in the management at suburu said:

"We don't want that fucking thing on our property"

10. El Gringo

El Gringo dashing devil

Any chance of them giving him a company car ? That's what I'd push them for :thumbsup:

Honestly, hated the show... but I can see this as a homage to the dumb show and not a racist expression. If that was the intent he could have done that with a lot less expense and work to his car.

I really doubt he went to all the trouble doing this to his car just to cause racial division at the workplace.

They should have a vote on this.... I bet it was 1 person who don't like him that bitched up a storm. The other 299 who work there probably don't give a shit whether it looks like the General Lee or is painted up like Liberace's wet dream machine.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2015
  11. hienho

hienho Monolithic Baby! Brigade Member

The issue is not really about orange and blue and white stars or even about North and South or the War or the events escalating up to the War.

It's a clean-cut black and white. You have rights, your friend has rights, Subaru has rights, and all states -- excluding Montana -- are "at will" employee/employer. Nothing more needs to be said here.

HotrodKelley likes this.
  12. HotrodKelley

JJ's family reunion-

http://youtu.be/WqNMjZpSbnU

13. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli Super Moderator Brigade Member

Is this better???

[​IMG]

:bwah:

14. Boogerball

Boogerball My posse's on Broadway Brigade Member

uh oh, gzb is gonna be pissed that you are talking about walter brend like that :bwah:

15. gzb

gzb SUPER Moderator* Super Moderator

You obviously don't know what you're talking about. But nothing new here...:unintroduced:

16. ratstuph

ratstuph Hoodoo Operator Super Moderator

Wait..., what..., I'm Jewish now? Sweet, there was this cute Jewish girl a couple decades back who almost, but not quite wanted me real bad, and I think the deal breaker was my lack of kosheresqueness.
    As to Christians not complaining...; just another bunch of whiny cunts with entitlement issues on a planet chock full of whiny cunts. Where's a hungry lion when you need one?
    So hrk you as usual can be counted on to move right into tin-foil hat wearing, spittle foaming at the corners of your mouth, narcissistic personality disordered territory once you get a little verklempt. Tell all your klan buddies I said "hi".

17. TopHat

It was the fo'skin....or the fo'cheese pizza breath.....

18. scott308

scott308 Huge member

Thank you - The first amendment applies only to the relationship between an individual or group and the government entity which authored and passed the law in question. So, if I get fired for verbally claiming (or in writing for that matter) a special hatred for all persons of one or more groups. The company POLICY justifying my termination is NOT a first amendment issue.

If a Starbucks bans me for life because I chose it as the soapbox from which I start my new world philosophy- It is not a first amendment issue.

The Bill of Rights is an eloquent piece of legal history. I wish more people would take the time to read it as adults.

19. fod

fod Hand of the Box Master Knife Maker or Craftsman

Subaru is not dictating any outside the workplace stipulations. . .he can drive it to work, he just can't park that thing on company property.

Also, this in Lafayette, Indiana? Quite the bastion of southern pride. . .

Does your friend still have a Daisy Duke poster over his bed?

20. HotrodKelley

Yet you obviously cannot comprehend what you read. Here's something that might help you out.
    http://m.newarkpostonline.com/news/article_47b5004c-7793-11e1-a7fb-001871e3ce6c.html?mode=jqm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.