1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice
  1. J. Neilson

J. Neilson Caught in the Mosh Knife Maker or Craftsman

I made this one while teaching one of my students how to make canister damascus. He wanted to know about all those "striped tactical" blades he see's in the magazines. I told him, instead of adding a coating to the surface of your steel... change your steel. We simply took a square can and added a scoop of 1084HC powder, then dropped in a square of 15N20, then a scoop of 1084HC powder... and so on. I made a fair sized drop-point with a file-worked thumb rest, "splitter" pommel and used stabilized, double-dyed Maple Burl wood scales, faceted them and secured them stainless steel handle bolts.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Peter Lezard

Peter Lezard Hobbit of Fortune

Awesome!!! :madaddy:

RoyalM likes this.
  3. oromoto

oromoto Enormous member

Great looking knife!

4. moon

moon knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

Nice J. you come up with some cool ideas. I'm going to try your ball bearing trick this weekend. Moon

5. 50calmike

50calmike 50 caliber Devil

That is great looking!
    What type of forge do you use?

6. KDOG

KDOG Huge member

Thanks for posting, J.!!! Your stuff is da bomb!!!

7. J. Neilson

J. Neilson Caught in the Mosh Knife Maker or Craftsman

Cool Moon, let me know how it goes. If can do anything to help out, just let me know.

My forge is a home built, single burner propane unit that I'd be glad to send anyone plans of if they'd like.

I actually have 3 of varying sizes for economic purposes.

8. drummerboy183

drummerboy183 Huge member

That is one *amazingly* gorgeous knife. Nice work, man.

9. BennytheBlade

BennytheBlade LUC4 JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

Cool handle treatment J. Always something a little different w/ you. :thumbsup: