1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

stencils how bout it

L R Harner Mar 18, 2008

1. L R Harner

L R Harner They call me "Butch" Knife Maker or Craftsman

had to order some and must give high marks for www.img-electromark.com
    had to order a set for deker and 2 for myself and then on top have it all sent to J for the JD super knife

in the talking their was the question of what would the makers like to see from them

i brought up the need for proto or first run stencils also maybe a few of the more used steel names within out having to pay for the art fee

what other stuff would you like to see them work on as there trying to build more knife maker friendly website and following

2. stephanfowler

stephanfowler knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

not to hijack, but i'd kinda like to hear back from Patricia about my artwork..... been a couple weeks, i should e-mail her and see where its at

:ernie:

3. deker

deker MIA

I'd like to see some "standard sets" of things useful to knifemakers.

• Simple High Carbon Types (1095, 1084, 1080, 1070, W-1, O-1 would make a good 6 stencil set)
    • CPM Steels (CPM154, CPM3v, CPM10v, CPMD2, etc)
    • Special Run Markings ("Limited Edition", "Prototype", "Test Blade", etc)
    • A Yearly "Year" Stamp

You know, stuff like that :)

-d

4. Burchtree

Burchtree knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

Shoot her an email Stephen - she is usually pretty prompt.

Don't forget about making them. Text stuff is pretty easy to make yourself (hey, if this idiot can do it :D). Mickley has a tutorial on his site --

5. tmik

tmik Midwest Knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

I have a few of that type here
    I figured the bangers normally hot stamped so I didn't get any of those steel types.

6. Mike Stewart

Mike Stewart Knife Moderator/Bark River Knife & Tool

Great Idea Tracy.

I have sets like that too for Different Projects.

I have a big file because of all of the O.E.M. work we do.

I am finding that customers do like to have the steel type marked on the knife.

Mike