1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice
  1. Scott Meers

Scott Meers Little Member

Figured I'd write up a review of the Spyderco Tropen as I didn't find much on it before I bought it other than people complaining about the exposed blade.

I've been carrying it for over a month now daily, jeans pocket mainly, but some cargo shorts as well. I haven't even felt the exposed blade let alone cut myself. I can close the blade using the compression lock again without having my finger in danger.

I really like the fit of the handle and the size of the blade. They really work well together. It is geared more towards self defense, but I have used it for everyday slicing without issue.

The only con I come close to is more personal preference; I could do without the Emerson wave portion. Personally I'd rather have a bigger spydie hole or just deleted it. Again, more of a personal preference as it does work for it's intended purpose.

Knife next to a Hinderer FXM for size comparison. Video is of me opening and closing. Only thing I've done is oiled it and opened and closed it numerous times to smooth the action.

_IMG_000000_000000.jpg IMG_20190913_124509300.jpg

seandavid55 likes this.