1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Spyderco Sage

MadDaddy Feb 4, 2009

1. MadDaddy

MadDaddy Pat in the box

Thanks for the update :ssmile:

2. Lazerboy2000

Lazerboy2000 Devil before dishonoUr

I just sent it out. Thanks for letting me get in on the passaround, its a sweet knife. I'll do a review shortly.

Thanks

3. releo 37

releo 37 Little member

Am I the next guy on the list?

Thanks

4. Lazerboy2000

Lazerboy2000 Devil before dishonoUr

Yes sir. You should have it by Monday or Tues.

5. releo 37

releo 37 Little member

I’ll let you know when it arrives. I’m headed to a 3gun match the first part of next week so computer access and time maybe limited. I should be give the knife a good workout during this week of running and gunning.

Thanks
    Bret

6. releo 37

releo 37 Little member

it arrived in yesterdays mail.

thanks

7. MadDaddy

MadDaddy Pat in the box

Thanks for the update. :ssmile:

8. releo 37

releo 37 Little member

Sorry guys I’m running behind on this. I got it ready to ship this afternoon and will get it in the mail tomorrow. I’ll post the tracking number after I ship it. It’s a great knife and I’ll post my review tomorrow also.

Thanks
    Bret

9. releo 37

releo 37 Little member

I left the info at home but it's headed to Texas.

10. WT351

WT351 Lone Star Moderator Super Moderator

It is in Texas.

Sage arrived safe and sound today.

11. releo 37

releo 37 Little member

Thanks for the update

12. WT351

The Sage left Central Texas today for someplace just a little north.

Thanks for letting me play.

13. stdlrf11

stdlrf11 A Most Impressive Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

I picked it up today.

Are you guys sure you're carrying this thing? It looks brand new. ;)

I'll take her for a spin and see what I think. Review coming.

FIN

14. releo 37

releo 37 Little member

I used it everyday but I didn’t abuse it

15. stdlrf11

stdlrf11 A Most Impressive Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

Its on its way to Utah. Review coming.

Tracking # 03083390000078899353

FIN

16. jimmer_5

jimmer_5 Buckaroo

Ok -

Sorry for the late reply! The knife arrived safely in Salt Lake City on Friday.

I've had a few days to handle it and I'll give a few brief thoughts with more to follow!

First off - the knife was very smooth out of the box. Last night it developed a dragging feeling when opening it - it felt like the detent ball had a rough surface. HOwever, this morning it felt smooth again. Weird.... I'm not sure what to make of it.

Despite my comments above, build quality is very nice, and if it didn't have "Taiwan" emblazoned on the blade in bold letters, I would never have guessed its Asian origins. It feels like a quality piece overall. However, I have to admit to a little snobbery here - as much as I like this knife, I'm not a fan of it being made in Taiwan.

I switched the clip for left handed carry, and in the process found that it was fairly difficult to get the screw in place while fitting the pieces of wire intho their respective slots. Now that it's attached again, it functions well and the knife carries nice and low in my pocket.

Size wise, the knife disappears in my pocket - I forget it's there, and that is something I appreciate. The blade is a good usable size and the edge is plenty sharp.

I think there are a few design niggles I could complain about, but not much. I don't care for the little tab hanging down where the choil ends and the cutting edge begins. I think the lock release cutout is way bigger than it needs to be and detracts a bit from the overall look of the handle. However, the handle fits my large hand comfortably thanks to its smooth shape and the forward choil.

Overall, I'm impressed and I think the knfe is a great value. I would rather pay a little more for a USA made knife, but the Taiwanese factory is obviously paying attention to the details. As a result, the knife feels just as good as its US made counterparts.

I'll continue carrying it this week and try to provide some more comments as the time progresses.

17. MadDaddy

MadDaddy Pat in the box

What is the status on this?

18. jimmer_5

jimmer_5 Buckaroo

My bad - It's been a hellacious few weeks! I'll get tit in the mail and finish my report this weekend!

- Jim

19. MadDaddy

MadDaddy Pat in the box

The Sage is back at Pass Around HQ.

Thanks to Spyderco and everyone that played. :ssmile:

20. WT351

No, thank you.