1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Springfield M1A

CDR_Glock Sep 6, 2013

1. CDR_Glock

CDR_Glock Bali Demon JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Well I was torn between a SCAR and Bushmaster. I decided to, for now, get an M1A by Springfield. It won't be for a week since it is coming by USPS to my FFL.

I don't have pics but I will post some when I get it.

I remember polishing these kind of rifles for the drill team in NROTC during college. If I find a decent Ar-10, I will get one of those also.

2. IWantThatKnife

IWantThatKnife I want that knife Knife Maker or Craftsman

M1a

Catch up Doc...

I have a Springfield Armory M1A and a Chinese Polytech made one:

[​IMG]
    Springfield M1A
    [​IMG]
    Polytech M14S

3. waterdogs

waterdogs Brigade Member Brigade Member

You didn`t do anything wrong....you now own another piece of classic Americana....nice score ! :thumbsup:

4. Mike Grasso

Mike Grasso "to protect and to serve" Super Moderator Brigade Member

I've been thru several.
    National Match.
    SOCOM
    Squad.

Good Good rifles.

5. CDR_Glock

CDR_Glock Bali Demon JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

I know. I actually wanted a SOCOM II but they are only in 16" barrels. I do like the walnut frame, though.

6. jjhamilton

jjhamilton JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Nice, a friend o mine lets me shoot his often and I enjoy it a lot... Especially the looks, it's just a sharp rifle to me. Scar vs ACR, I go ACR hands down..warning the Scars charging handle reciprocates while firing....though its nice they has the Scar 17, maybe one day Remigton will release some caliber kits for the ACR....

CDR_Glock likes this.
  7. Bruce

Bruce New Jersey's *other* Bruce

I bought a Springfield Armory National Match model with a low 3000 range serial number in 1977. Had to move it to another state when the antigun Nazis in NJ outlawed them in 1993. In my opinion you can't buy a better .308 auto than an M1A.:bruce:

CDR_Glock likes this.
  8. Sheldon_Wickersham

Sheldon_Wickersham Blue Star Knives Knife Maker or Craftsman

I bought this one twenty years ago, and after many years of collecting dust it's finally getting some range time. Last month, on a new target after some zeroing, of three shots at 100m, two were in the same hole, dead X, and the third opened the hole up by ~.125" - good stuff, good score, you'll be happy! :chuck:

View attachment 108290 M1A 8-13.jpg

CDR_Glock likes this.
  9. Tinysd

Tinysd Skull Cracker Brigade Member

I have a Scout Squad and it was one of my favorite rifles to shoot. I say was because the price of .308 is a bit too high for me to shoot it as often as I used to.

[​IMG]

CDR_Glock likes this.
  10. v41kyr

v41kyr JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

I love my scout squad. One of the few things that isn't molested by this state... now finding a place I can shoot it is another story.

[​IMG]

11. Mike Grasso

Mike Grasso "to protect and to serve" Super Moderator Brigade Member

If anyone is looking for a Scout Squad, pm me, just got one in the shop...