1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Spontaneous Human Combustion?!!!!!!!!!!

Mr.LaBella Jan 20, 2009

1. bubba-san

bubba-san Katanakaji Knife Maker or Craftsman

I completly understand what jorge is trying to articulate ,he is a realist and so am I but, i have to dissagree that there is no evidence that shc doesn't exist ?? I wonder what the folks who were incinerated would have to say about that .The mere fact that they burst into flames is certainly evidence that something definitly happened ! But, until it is proven ,it is just theory when it is proven it will then become law.Ok now lets go on to "are we alone" ? Bubba

2. SoToo

SoToo paranoid self-destroyer

NO... we are not alone....... even though I do not recall ever seeing one, I still believe that Argentinians do exist. :cheesydevil:

3. bubba-san

we could have an intelligent conversation about that but, they might think were nuts

4. SoToo

Well... it damn sure wouldn't be the first time. :grinno:

SugarSkull likes this.
  5. Jorge Banner

Jorge Banner Down For Life

It is not difficult, my brother devil, it is impossible.

6. Jorge Banner

Mmmmm . . . looks like you're putting things in my mouth that don't belong there. FORTUNATELY it's only ideas. :xxrotflma

Do you really think I'm saying don't look for the cure for cancer? C'mon. And illnesses are "mysteries"? C'mon.

To begin with, I'm 100% for science and technology. I hope that's settled.

Then if something exists, as illnesses do, it's not a "mystery". Ignorance has nothing to do with "mystery". We still don't know a lot. That doesn't make it mysterious it simply makes it ignored. Yet. What we still don’t know is not a mystery it is simply what we still don’t know.

Science is an ongoing effort. Still the province of science is that which exists. There's no science studying unicorns. Nor chupacabras. Nor SHC about which there's not a shred of evidence and that it has already been investigated and explained and there's nothing "spontaneous" about it. Even the Mythbusters have been on the matter. It's settled. Bring evidence or don't put a claim on reality.

And on the unicorn thing, you are too intelligent to even attempt that. You know very well that by "unicorn" people don't mean a deer with a genetic disorder. So let's keep it serious.

Why is there a need in those who appreciate fantasies to have others take them seriously? Enjoy them. Just don't pretend they are any more than that.

Around here there have been many "expeditions" in search of the chupacabras. People have a whale of a time. They always came back empty handed but they ALWAYS find tracks, hair, heard noises "that couldn't have been ANYTHING else", seen the "eyes glowing red in the dark", and so on and so forth. Same with all the rest of the fantasies. ALL of them. Because when a shred of real evidence is found then that's the province of science.

Now let’s talk about crystal skulls, leprechauns and . . . the stimulus package?

Man! I can’t post a picture but the subtext would go “I got your stimulus package right here, baby!” (And mine stimulates! :bobdance:)

7. Jorge Banner

Another fantasy?! C'mon! How many of them do you have? Argen-whats?! You nuts?! EVERYBODY knows there's absolutely NOTHING south of the Rio Grand. Don't try to sell ME that one! It's like the map says "there be dragons here".

:bullshit:

8. bubba-san

I actually saw a flying object once and it tried to land in my neighbors field . I told them dont land there that property belongs to mr Gilmore and yo is in big trouble . Richard pryor

9. Jorge Banner

Oooooooooooh . . . flying objects exist, all right! I've flown in many.

10. bubba-san

Not trying to change the subject but, I just heard on cnn news that taxes on all ammo is going up over 500 % I think the shit is beginning ? better get some now

11. Les George

Les George George Knives Knife Maker or Craftsman

It's gotta be true, I seen a pictar on the intranet! :cadi:

12. SugarSkull

SugarSkull Ring Of Bone

Tall Tales can be insight into the imaginable realm where the objective and subjective meet to impart meaning to the empirical.:umberto:

13. bubba-san

you know sometimes when you see people make unreasonable statements or have a closed mind . you have to remember the average IQ in the US is well under 100 .

14. SoToo

If you are 100% for science... then surely you must realize that science must take a non-biased approach to solving any problem. I have not wavered from my original thought... there are things that exist that we are unable to prove or disprove. There are far too many accounts to ignore on some of these subjects. If we are not capable of disproving them... then calling them "bullshit" is just as foolish as believing wholeheartedly. Your opinions are very biased, but you cannot ridicule me into changing my mind. My opinions are non-biased and will remain as such until there are answers.

I am keeping it serious... you posted the pic of the pretty little unicorn and I posted the pic of a real one. Once again, let my posts reflect, that I have not wavered from my original thoughts. I do not believe unicorns to be magical, even though you keep trying to take the subject to that extent. There is an explanation behind unicorns, just as there is behind any of these other topics.... so why do you continually try to insist that they are magical?

Why are you showing the tendency to be so argumentative towards one side? It's kind of strange how much of a defensive stronghold you are displaying on these subjects, when I am remaining very middle of the road here. You are wanting me to be 100% wrong... while I can agree that you may be 100% half right. If you ARE claiming that I am 100% wrong... then by your own admission you ARE partially wrong. However, if you ARE NOT claiming that I am 100% wrong... then by your own admission you ARE agreeing that you have doubt in your own beliefs.

So tell me this.... am I wrong or not? :idunno:

15. SoToo

HaHa... I know.. right? But, I saw you on the internet and I'm actually communicating with you... so there must be something lurking below the Big River..... and apparently it has internetz. :grinyes:

16. MiG Angel

MiG Angel vodka + insane

i heard god is all for science

17. norcal13

norcal13 rated "e" for evil Brigade Member

don't get all high-brow shug.

we're talkin about elvis n' aliens here.

with people in imaginary fairy lands south of the border.

18. Mr.LaBella

Mr.LaBella ←The № 1 Devil→ Administrator

this thread sure took a turn for the worse :trainwreck:

19. Jorge Banner

We can leave it alone at your leisure, Ron. Just say the word.

20. bubba-san

I agree , tried to change subject but, you know how that goes . I am done with this one . bubba