1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Spontaneous Human Combustion?!!!!!!!!!!

Mr.LaBella Jan 20, 2009

1. Ken Brock

Ken Brock Who's Awesome? Super Moderator

hey man, the chupacabras are REAL

I'm just sayin'

2. norcal13

norcal13 rated "e" for evil Brigade Member

obviosly you don't know what you're talking about.

i saw all these things on an X-Files marathon just last week.

if its on TV .....it's real.

exept ms. hiltons brain.

everyone knows that does'nt exist. :ropeman:

3. Jorge Banner

Jorge Banner Down For Life

Hey guys, perhaps there's a chupacabras hiding in Paris's skull!!

:Laughing_Skull:

4. droid

droid This IS the droid you are looking for! Brigade Member

Paris Hilton is one of the Lizard People that David Icke talks about!

5. Jorge Banner

Humans transform to Reptiles? Sounds so much more reasonable then SHC. :evillaugh:

6. Les George

Les George George Knives Knife Maker or Craftsman

That's true, I seen it! :ronl:

7. Jorge Banner

Check the label. It says that more than three bottles in a row can make you see things. :ghost:

8. bubba-san

bubba-san Katanakaji Knife Maker or Craftsman

I have seen a few programs dealing with the phonomena , I know that shit is hard to believe however, there are plenty of documented cases . Most scoff at things they don't understand , I have trouble with it myself but if you do your homework the shit does happen . strange world we live in. wooooooo

9. Jorge Banner

No problem, man. I'm also thin and handsome. :wes:

10. bubba-san

11. SoToo

SoToo paranoid self-destroyer

At one time... people were quite amused at the nonsense of those claiming that Mountain Gorillas exist as well. I think people have a tendency to call bullshit the loudest on things they may be scared of the most. We have not seen all that our world has to offer. Just in the last decade or two there have been new mammals discovered, and giant squids were just a myth. I do not scoff at things that I have no working knowledge of. :grinno:

Maybe we could ask Ken Brock to look into these things though, and get down to the truth of the matter. :idunno:

12. Jorge Banner

13. SoToo

[​IMG]

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/object/article?f=/n/a/2008/06/11/international/i084952D66.DTL&o=0

Are you referring to a myth... or an exaggeration? There isn't one thing considered mythical that you'd be able to post here.... and not have something of truth surrounding it's origin. After all... I've never actually met an Argentinean before... can you really prove to me that you exist?

I just proved that a creature with one horn exists... oh and by the way, his name is Unicorn.

14. Jorge Banner

You proved something. You proved you are partial to this kind of conversation:

- A: “Hi”
    - B: “Hi, there”
    - A: “I have a green gnome on my shoulder”
    - B: “You what?”
    - A: “I have a green gnome on my shoulder”
    - B: “I see nothing”
    - A: “That’s because my green gnome is invisible”
    - B: “What are you talking about?”
    - A: “My invisible green gnome that’s perched on my shoulder”
    - B: “There’s nothing perched on your shoulder”
    - A: “If course there is. My invisible green gnome”
    - B: “But there’s nothing there!”
    - A: “You can’t prove it isn’t there”
    - B: “I don’t have to. YOU have to prove it is there”
    - A: “Oh . . . it’s there, all right”
    - B: “Prove it”
    - A: “Rain”
    - B: “What?”
    - A: “Rain”
    - B: “What do you mean ‘rain’?”
    - A: “Have you ever seen rain?”
    - B: “Of course”
    - A: “Well . . . there you go”
    - B: “What do you mean ‘there you go’?”
    - A: “The rain is the proof that my invisible green gnome exists”
    - B: “But . . . but . . . how?”
    - A: “My invisible green gnome is the gnome of the rain. If it wasn’t for my green gnome it wouldn’t rain. So, the rain is the proof that my invisible green gnome, exists!”
    - B: “But that’s absolutely ridiculous! You’re talking nonsense! There’s no green gnome! And you have not a shred of evidence of it’s existence”
    - A: “I told you. The rain is the proof”
    - B: “But the rain is a natural phenomenon that’s been explained in detail by science”
    - A: (in a derogatory manner) “Oooohhhh . . . science . . .”
    - B: “Yes, science”
    - A: “So science can know it all?”
    - B: “Yes, if it exists”
    - A: “Very well then. Explain my invisible green gnome”
    - B: “I can’t”
    - A: “You see?”
    - A: “There’s something you can’t explain”
    - A: “My invisible green gnome”
    - B: “But there’s nothing there!!!”
    - A: “Aaaaaahh! That’s what YOU say. But you can’t explain it because science can’t explain everything”
    - B: “Your green gnome doesn’t even exist! If there’s something that someone can’t prove is YOU the existence of your frigging invisible green gnome!”
    - A: “Sure I can. I told you: rain”

SugarSkull likes this.
  15. SoToo

HaHa... You missed one very important part...

I never claimed to see things that aren't there... that makes a HUGE difference. You are still hidden behind the partition of "make believe", while I am stating that there are many mysteries that simply cannot be unexplained until we have ALL the facts. I'm not saying there are mythical unicorns, merely exagerations of reality. At least I am willing to look at the subject from more than one angle, while you seem to be saying... "Oh bullshit... I've not seen it so it must not exist." placing you much closer to your hypothetical gnome story. Just because a man exagerates about the size of the fish he caught, does not mean there is not a big fish there. You have to admit that there are things that happen and exist that are rather difficult to fully grasp and explain. Not talking about myth, not fantasy, not pretend... there is a reason, but what is it? :idunno:

But... I'm not ready to call bullshit on things that I'm not completely sure of. Really now... if it were so easy... then we'd actually have no need for science or scientists. :grinno:

I'll go further... imagine explaining petrol, automobiles, flying machines, aluminum, stainless steel, plastics, cell phones, etc. to an individual living in the 18th century. They certainly had the means for some of these things... but not the knowledge. Look at the discoveries or technological or medical accomplishments that have been made in just the last century. I mean.... man in space? What a crock of shit.... right? ;)

16. bubba-san

the only thing I proved is that I am a free thinking individual. I can tell you a story you wont believe , the earth was actually flat at one time .

17. SoToo

BINGO! And many sailors tried to keep the stories going of monsters lurking about at the edges.... because they did not want their wives to know about the beautiful naked Polynesian girls. :grinyes:

18. Jorge Banner

If there’s the least shred of evidence then science can deal with it and we know it exists.
    If there’s not the least shred of evidence then it belongs to the realm of fantasy.
    You have to choose where you want to be.

If you want to pretend that something “might” exists although there’s no evidence for it then so be it. But don’t try to pass that as reasonable. Reason only deals with that which exists. “Might” doesn’t cut it. The green gnome “might” exist. Pigs “might” fly. That’s the realm of make believe and fantasy.

There’s not a shred of scientific evidence on either SHC or the chupacabras or the existence of unicorns so ALL of those pertain to the realm of fantasy.

I don’t make the rules. I only live here.

Then there’s the subject of plausibility. We KNOW that pigs can’t fly. We KNOW that unicorns can’t exist with all their fantastic “properties”. The chupacabras COULD be a still undiscovered animal and as such plausible but there’s not a shred of evidence of its existence. And SHC doesn’t pass the plausibility test and is right there with the flying pigs. Entertaining, perhaps, but not within the realm of Reason and science and the possible.

So, entertaining as it may be the idea of a spontaneously combusting fellow riding a one horned chupacabras into the sunset surrounded by a happy family of flying pigs, don’t hold your breath waiting to see them.

19. bubba-san

Originally it was thought to be true however , after the early spanish and Italian explorers found out it wasn't true , they embellished the story even more . to keep the competiton from going to the western hemisphere. No one has ever proved or disproved the theory of spontaneous human combustion period. its very difficult to prove a negative. Well I have to go my chupacabre is hungry

20. SoToo

Damn dude.... if it were up to you... I guess we'd still be hurling sticks and stones at one another. Much of science is bound by theoretical applications. Even scientists will agree that, without COMPLETE irrefutable evidence, there are flaws to many of the theories. Should we completely dismiss the ideas of Big Foot, Unicorns, or Paris's brain? There has been evidence to such things... but is the evidence accurate. Many STILL search for answers to the mysteries. Many mysteries HAVE been explained. It is the quest for true knowledge that drives us forward.... whilst the naysayers continue to cry "BULLSHIT!"

Remember... scientists are still puzzled by the flight capabilities of a mere bumblebee. Along your lines of reasoning... we should not even be looking for cures to cancer or other terminal illnesses, as many illnesses themselves are a mystery... therefore they must be fantasy... right?

I'm not looking for one answer... such as "Unicorns are magical"... I am looking for an explanation. Much of the drivel will fall to the wayside as proof presents itself. If one deer, goat, whatever, was born with a genetic disorder... isn't it probable that many have been born throughout history? Then we have the basis for reasoning.

Unicorns... or "Uni-Horns" do exist... I have shown you proof.

bubba-san likes this.