1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Somethings come up, Japan here I come

buddy Feb 10, 2016

1. buddy

buddy Slide to unlock JDBA Official Member

So Something unexpected has come up. Have gotten some plane tickets my friend wont be using to go to Japan. So looks like im going. Very happy as this has been a dream trip of mine for long while. Will be leaving in about a week in a half.

What are some things to see, places to visit/stay, and good bars and food stops? I will be there for 2 weeks and planning on flying into tokyo and then traveling around from there.

2. Rhonda

Rhonda knife diva Lady Devil Brigade Member

Start by upping your iodine intake now, brother.

Have a wonderful time over there. Take lotza pics to share with us when you return.

Bon Voyage!

buddy likes this.
  3. Krull

Krull Legit Crybaby/Drama QUEEN

What's your interest? lot of history there,lot of samurai stuff and such and of course Japanese entertainment like films,anime,and other things.

4. waterdogs

waterdogs Brigade Member Brigade Member

Educate yourself NOW....go onto the Tokyo Travel Forum, Trip Advisor, etc. You`ll find tons of useful info there.
    Have a good trip ! :thumbsup:

5. nostimos

nostimos JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

The touristy/cultural stuff is fine . . .
    . . . but don't forget to buy some used girly panties from a vending machine. :devilzeek I heard things. :ropeman:
    :jdwink2::thumbsup::bwah:

6. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli Super Moderator Brigade Member

When you're in Tokyo, watch out for giant lizards, moths, turtles, etc. :devilzeek

ded i likes this.
  7. SlightChance

SlightChance Miller's Maddness JDBA Official Member

Awesome man! I have always wanted to go to Japan.

I would eat everything I possibly could. Sushi, noodles, candy, sake, whatever. If it is edible I would be on it. Usually when I travel I will hit up some historical sights, then just wander whatever town I am in, stopping at little hole in the walls trying new beers and food. If I have never heard of it before I usually order it.

I would definitely learn more about the culture before I headed over there. Stuff like do they tip, and social norms like how close to stand/loud to talk/order in which things are done. Generally people are lenient on foreigners but knowing some basics will certainly help and make people more friendly. You don't have to be an ambassador, but they will have their own stereotypes that you may have to deal with. Knowing how to act a little Japanese will greatly help that. Being rude never gets you very far.

I do know that they have "Love Hotels" if you hook up with anyone. Basically like much nicer flop houses in the states.

8. Mr.LaBella

Mr.LaBella ←The № 1 Devil→ Administrator

I love Hibachi, and Samurai swords! Do that, take pics. :)

Safe trip!:madaddy::devilzeek

9. buddy

buddy Slide to unlock JDBA Official Member

Actually the weird side of japan always seems intriguing to me, im going to be defiantly wandering around the "red light district" of tokyo said to be Kabukichō. See how weird things can really get :unintroduced:

This is actually a big concern along with radiation.

Thanks Chief, I actually have a historical Samurai sword museum planned were they also show the process of forging one in front of you.

10. TopHat

TopHat Drivin' that train..... Brigade Member

Try the fugu. All but impossible to find outside of Japan or Korea.....

11. Glenn

Glenn Sol Invictus Knife Maker or Craftsman

Be safe and enjoy !

[video=youtube;mgekmOqCFTU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgekmOqCFTU[/video]

:devilwag:

12. El Gringo

El Gringo dashing devil

Have a blast! ... and yes we'll want pictures.

13. begreen61

begreen61 Deadicated JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

enjoy your self and send pictures to JD you lucky devil

14. jjhamilton

jjhamilton JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

If at all possible, take some pics of the parking decks (the ones that work like a Rolodex. And ride that magnetic 200mph train!! I think these two items are only in Tokyo (?)....

Seriously above all, enjoy and be safe.

15. silkworm

silkworm Silky Devil JDBA Official Member

Tsukiji Fish Market. Start there as you'll be wide awake early in the morning. If I recall there is some cool cutlery shops around to check out the chef's knives. Sashimi in the morning. :thumbsup:

Take the train to Kyoto and spend a few days there if you can. Lots of good day trips from there.

A little Japanese goes a long way as many Japanese just will not speak English even if they can. When you get hungry, look up or down, as many restaurants are not on the street level. The wife and I were there 10 years ago and some of our most memorable meals were found in the train stations underneath some big high-rise or on the seventh floor of a high-rise.

Get lost and have fun. It's completely safe and no matter where you go, even the most desolate isolated area you can think of, you'll find a vending machine with cold drinks.

Some random thoughts:

- Always carry some cash. Plastic isn't always accepted.
    - Don't tip. The waitress will literally chase you down the street to give you your change.
    - Eat ramen.

buddy likes this.