1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Solid Channeled Handles for a BM51 :)

supersuby Jul 1, 2011

1. Uz4u

Uz4u Misanthrope

I really like your design, and I think a 51 with Ti/Steel handles would be about as perfect a balisong as could be made

one thing though, the only good way to carry a latchless bali is in a sheath. So I think you've created the worlds most unnecessary pocket clip :bwah::bwah::bwah:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2011
  2. supersuby

supersuby OG TRIPLE OG

The design is made so that it gives the user the option of using the clip or not using the clip. It also allows for an easy way to decipher which is the bite handle and which is the safe handle by feel or by sight:devil1:

I've been edcing my BM51 for a few weeks now clipped in my front pocket without the latch and i like it:devil1:

3. Uz4u

Uz4u Misanthrope

oh, i thought you were going completely latchless

4. supersuby

supersuby OG TRIPLE OG

The first run is latchless, i think you are miss reading or something. They will be latchless with the holes in one handle so you have the option of using the clip or not. Either way whether you use the clip or not one handle will be slightly diff then the other ( one with holes for clip and one without holes for clip ) so you will be able to tell which is the safe handle and which is the bite handle by either touch/feel or by sight/looking at it. That was the idea behind this design:devil1: Whether you decide to use the clip or not that is for the user to determine:devil1:

5. knifezoid

knifezoid Bladerunners Systems -=BRS=- Knife Maker or Craftsman

All the best on this endeavor supersuby. Now that I have a drivers
    seat perspective of designing a knife and trying to get it made I can
    tell you it takes a lot of hard work and determination and quite a bit
    of courage.

6. supersuby

supersuby OG TRIPLE OG

Thanks for the words of wisdom bro:devil1: I'm glad i decided to go this route with the preorder and deposit rather then have paid for 25 sets and get stuck with a bunch of nice handles. Looking like i'm gonna end up canning this project and focus the complete knife project unless we end up filling all 20 spots. We'll see what happens over the next week or 2:devil1:

7. DaBird

DaBird Sasquatch Bali-ho

Suby ---- I do truely hope you can fill the preorder for the Ti handles. If not -- try not to get discouraged --- great things take GREAT EFFORT !!! I will be "staying tuned" for SS handles and/or a complete bali from you in the future.

All DaBest to you buddy --- Bird

8. edge-holder

edge-holder Little member

I just got a BM 51, and I'm not sure I like the lightness of it just yet... I may just have to enter your pre-order thread and do something stupid :bwah:

9. calvinnation

calvinnation Down For Life

Like dabird said, dont get discouraged if you dont get the orders, I would love a pair but I really do have to save my money for now. Everyone loves the idea and Im sure that the only reason for the lack of orders is the price not that its high just that for most people its not justifiable. I would love to see you make a pair for yourself if there arent any takers. That may also really inspire people and help get the ball rolling.

10. supersuby

supersuby OG TRIPLE OG

Far from discouraged guys:devil1: This is exactly why i decided to do a preorder, rather then blow close to 5g's. IMHO I really think heavier solid handles would really make the BM51 a better flipper. But after really rethinking it, i would rather just build a complete Bali. Which is already in the works :madaddy: DaBird don't worry i got you covered brother:madaddy: But i will go thru with what i have already started here and let it ride out for 2 weeks like i said i would. This could be a really cool project and really turn the BM51 into a better flipper, but we need at least 20 and so far we pretty much have 0 so i honestly doubt it will fill up. But i will let it run the 2 weeks as promised and if nothing i'm just gonna focus on project#2:devil1:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2011
  11. Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke Completely out of fucks to give Brigade Member

I don't have a 51....and dont plan to any time soon, I don't like the look of it.
    (It's those Zen cups on either side of the blade and the way the grind ties into it, looks like a weak point to me).....

So I would skip this, despite it looking to be a big improvement on the 51....

....But, I am Realy interested in Project #2.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2011
  12. supersuby

supersuby OG TRIPLE OG

Project #2 will be a ways out and will be kept top secret until it is complete:madaddy::madaddy: All i will say is it will be a complete Bali.:madaddy::madaddy:

13. blueberry

blueberry Little member

Cool

VERRY NICE,
    I brought this topic up on knifeforums.com but there was not much replie on it.

I am deffinatly intrested in those SS for the BM51. But i have to save up the funds wright know.
    the model i would like is identical like that of the g-10's so
    can you tel me how this works?
    Best regards
    blueberry:thumbsup:

14. EOD13

EOD13 Balisong Addict JDBA Official Member

this is sick :thumbsup:

15. Uz4u

Uz4u Misanthrope

Necropost ! so what the fuck has been up with this ?

16. supersuby

supersuby OG TRIPLE OG

The handle project died a LONG time ago.

Still working on the next project but been busy with other things so it's slowly coming along :ross:

17. EOD13

Yeah :thumbsup: I posted trying to see if it would stir up some comments or info or maybe an update and let me get all the notifications by subscribing to it :thumbsup: This is a cool idea though!

18. EOD13

That's too bad :( did any ever get made at all? and so you have pictures of them?

19. supersuby

supersuby OG TRIPLE OG

I had some plastic ones cut out but that was about it, would have worked pretty good IMO. But in the long run i would rather just make some complete one's on my own :manganr: It will happen someday but it's a long ways out i'm way to busy right now :ross:

20. wcjohn

wcjohn Sum Quod Sum JDBA Official Member

Diggin" it! Ti handles, latchless & clipless for me...I'm in. Oh wait I got to get a 51 first. Then I gotta use it to the point were I could justify getting some solid handles for it. Oh well. Anyways definitely cool.