1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Solid Channeled Handles for a BM51 :)

supersuby Jul 1, 2011

1. Helix

Helix Balipocalypse Assassin

Oh also....
    Sounds like you might have enough of your own $ to get the initial run going, but if financing becomes an issue, perhaps you could put it on kickstarter to get an initial investment. Just a thought.

http://www.kickstarter.com/

2. supersuby

supersuby OG TRIPLE OG

Financing is covered:devil1: Looking to get this started on my own financially. Trying to keep it a simple one piece design for the first runs and then we can get into more complex designs. I am working on a design so that you will be able to retain the factory latch from the BM51 with the new handles but you will lose the spring latch feature. Gotta get the first design finalized and locked in and then we can move on to more complex designs. My goal is to eventually be making complete knifes someday, but that will be a ways down the road:devil1:

3. Linos

Linos baliholickydexbender JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

...spring latches are overrated.....:shockedevil:

4. supersuby

supersuby OG TRIPLE OG

+1 Agreed:devil1:

5. knifezoid

knifezoid Bladerunners Systems -=BRS=- Knife Maker or Craftsman

Yeah, I guess that could be said. I mean it doesn't necessarily enhance
    performance. It does prevent the latch from getting stuck between
    handles, but it has it's drawbacks as well. Also, if it means increasing
    the cost of a knife then perhaps that is not worth it.

6. DaBird

DaBird Sasquatch Bali-ho

Old school T latch and a latch stop are my favorite.

7. FriskyDingo

FriskyDingo knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

If you can get a latch on there, i dont care what kind, I'll be buying a set.

8. supersuby

supersuby OG TRIPLE OG

After getting my new Basilisk in hand and flipping the hell out of it:devil1: We are for sure doing Ti on the first run of handle's:devil1:

9. Pathian

Pathian Huge member

Woot! Now I'm stoked! Now how much do you want for that basilisk? :devil1:

10. supersuby

supersuby OG TRIPLE OG

This one's goin to the grave with me:devil1:

11. Mpsecare

Mpsecare Owl Man

that is just soooo freaking cool man. wow!

12. supersuby

supersuby OG TRIPLE OG

Looking like this project is gonna turn into complete knives next :manganr:

13. pandemic

pandemic Huge member

Sounds cool :) Can't wait to see how this progresses! :manganr:

14. supersuby

supersuby OG TRIPLE OG

All right guys here is how it is gonna end up going. Do to the fact that Titanium is gonna cost about twice as much as SS i am gonna start up a order thread TUESDAY EVENING JULY 19th for these Titanium handles. I am posting this first so everyone has a chance to get in on this. There will be 25 sets being made in the first run. 21 sets will be available to anyone who wants to order a set. 4 sets are already reserved for future raffles/GAW's ETC. I know i said i did not want to take deposits on these but since the cost is gonna be much higher so a 50% deposit will be required.

Here is how it will work. I will start the order thread TUESDAY JULY 19TH around 5-6PM ARIZONA TIME right here in the Bali section. It will be first come first serve. You will first post that you want a set, followed by a deposit of $100 per a set. The deposit must be made within 24 hours of the time stamp on your post. If payment is not recieved your post will be disregared. I will let the thread run for 2 weeks or til we fill up all 21 spots which ever comes first. Once we have all 21 spots full i will place the order that day and it will take 4-6 weeks to complete. If after 2 weeks we can not get all 21 spots filled then we will cancel and move on to the next project ( complete Bali ). If we do not fill all the spots your deposit will be refunded. Otherwise your deposit is non refundable, unless like i said we cancel or something falls short on my end.

15. calvinnation

calvinnation Down For Life

If I did not just buy the basilisk I would be the first one on your list, Just want to say to keep up the great work man!

16. laughingbuddha

laughingbuddha JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Wahoo!! yah me!! less competition for the -=BRS=- and these handles.

17. supersuby

supersuby OG TRIPLE OG

I just bought a Basilisk to and i am on the list:bwah: You can do it (said in a Waterboy Voice)

18. supersuby

supersuby OG TRIPLE OG

Spread the word tonight's the night:devil1:

19. Mpsecare

Mpsecare Owl Man

Any idea/info on the one with the factory latch option that you mentioned?

20. supersuby

supersuby OG TRIPLE OG

Depend what happens with the latchless Ti project. If we get enough interest then we will do other designs, If not i am just gonna design a complete Bali:devil1: