1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

So, last year it turned into this whole big thing...

C-Bear May 5, 2017

1. C-Bear

C-Bear Brigade Member Brigade Member

Is anyone going to the JD Grind at Bark River this year? I know, I know, it isn't the same, the lines for the grinders is too long, there are too many sheeple, blah blah blah... Is anyone going? I got my room and spot solidified. I am in the Terrace Bay hotel so I get trashed at the banquet and not have to drive anywhere... PLANNING

Eric Putzer likes this.
  2. Worker

Worker Slacker Brigade Member

Too many sheeple.... I personally hate it when a heard of sheeple be grinding knives. I just can't take it anymore. I am kind of at my breaking point on this one.

Last edited: May 5, 2017
  3. Mr.LaBella

Mr.LaBella ←The № 1 Devil→ Administrator

We have not heard from anyone at BRKT for a looong time. No hard feelings there, the year before last (As long winded as I posted in last year's thread) it was not the same. We were no longer relevant, maybe. No one that I know is going, myself included.

Have fun, and enjoy yourself. I heard even The Terrace Bay sold out!?

C-Bear, GEEZER and crogers like this.
  4. C-Bear

That makes me kind of sad actually, I was looking forward to meeting some of you all. I don't know if Terrace Bay sold out or not right now, unless you mean last year. I actually got my room for $85 or so a night. So I was excited.

5. Mr.LaBella

I meant new owners* Sorry for any confusion!

6. spydusse

spydusse Teufel Hunden Brigade Member

adventure sworn grind in ?

7. Mr.LaBella

What??

8. Fenlore

Fenlore I am Spartacus! Brigade Member

I'll be there, Jimmy_Mac will be there, Kayakjax (Jackie Banks) will be, Ranger will maybe be there... I dunno about Tubtar yet.

GEEZER likes this.
  9. Fenlore

Anyway, the banquet won't be at the Terrace bay, I'm not quite sure of the plan for Saturday supper yet. But there will be plenty of drinking as usual.

begreen61 and GEEZER like this.
  10. R.Markus

R.Markus knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

I took that week off work to go to the grind in. This thread is making me rethink that. I might just take the motorcycle up and go ride on the Sunday if the grind in isn't all it's cracked up to be, but it looks like fun.

11. Mr.LaBella

I'm not saying don't go, I am just saying that I will not be in attendance. Take from that what you will.

It is just not what it once was is a nice way of saying it.

crogers likes this.
  12. Fenlore

It's still a great time.
    Things have just changed somewhat I the last few years. I still recommend going.

crogers likes this.
  13. C-Bear

I have a kitchen knife design that I've drawn up that I'm planning on making. I have a few other designs I've also come up with that I've been talking about with Jimmy but that is just for my own personal good time! Once I get them all finalized I might get a custom maker to make them, or I might just go to a few more grind ins :D I

Fenlore likes this.
  14. R.Markus

R.Markus knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

I'll likely go. I already took the time off. It's been a few years since I've been up to the UP and it is absolutely beautiful. I think I'll take the motorcycle up there and ride part of the week afterward (if I can make myself stay out of my shop that long).

Fenlore likes this.