1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in (Resetting your password should do "the trick") OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

So it appears that Benchmade is anti Second Amendment

Old Toad Feb 21, 2019

1. Old Toad

Old Toad Little member

Recently Benchamade was creditied by the Police Dept as helpful in destroying guns. This seems to have started memes about Benchmade and dumpster fires because the hole seems to go deeper. While many of these guns may be court ordered destructions others are gun turn ins/ buy backs. Then according to the story investigations reveal that Benchmade has regulartly made maximum allowable political contributions to gun grabbing Democrat candidates and refuses to comment on the situation. As it stands if the shoe fits, wear it.
    Watch the story here.

2. GuItArMaN8373

GuItArMaN8373 JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

Damn shame. Keep seeing this come up in my firearm-related newsletter emails.

3. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli Brigade Member

I think I'll just drop this right here...

4. rock3r4life

rock3r4life Sir shtablington

I mean think about it, lol! This is a cutlery company we are talking about. It's only logical to be anti gun... Because without a gun, What are you left with? Knives.

nostimos likes this.
  5. Drill Sergeant

Drill Sergeant Huge member

I am bummed. Sent an email to Benchmade with my displeasure. One short paragraph was: "You are taking a very short-sighted view to save and promote your company. You choose to naively believe that after feeding the tiger, the tiger will not turn on and eat you. IT WILL."

It is depressing to find that a company I thought was a ally is actually on the anti side. https://guntalk.com/gun-talk-radio/...un-destruction-dem-donations-and-ita-failures

6. perado

perado Shoot to thrill

I had been a Benchmade fanboy since the mid-80s. I think I'm down to my last 5.

While I certainly support their 1st Amendment rights, their use of weasel words to try to excuse their actions has soured me from ever buying another.

7. NoSleep

NoSleep Tiny Member

This is blown way out of proportion. These guns were never getting sold back into circulation anyway thanks to the police departments own policies. Benchmade was simply turning a profit off of their ignorance and I'm honestly surprised how many people consider them "traitors" for doing this. Last I checked they are in business to make money, fuck the PD for posting pictures of it taking place without BM's knowledge though.

8. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli Brigade Member

It's not so much the destroying of the guns as it is the large contributions to anti-gun political candidates. As has been said, the First Amendment allows them freedom of speech, but I'm free to spend my money where it will go to causes that I believe in.