1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

So I have my Old man's Pipes

longbow Jan 16, 2017

1. longbow

longbow scratch n sniffer

Went down to see my brother at our family house. Figured I'd get my old mans pipes he had. He's been dead since 74 and there are a couple of doz. My eldest enjoys a pipe once in a while so I figured why not. Never wanted much from my parents cause they were fuck sticks but figured its been over 40 yrs since he kicked off, so fuck it I'll grab some dusty old pipes. Thing is these are top shelf old school pipes which frankly I had no clue they were. So my son is looking at one out of a big rack of them and googled it. Seems it could be worth near $400-$500 just for one fucking pipe. So I says to myself, self why not go on the J-D and see if anyone has any idea about pipes and reconditioning them. Can't really remove the stems on most of them. None are clogged it seems cause they all blow air through them. Yep gaggin when I was doing that. I'll see if I can't get a pic of them up here too. Some of the names are Dunhill, Kaywoodie, Bertram etc.etc. Most have numbers on them and most say stuff like Algerian bryar wood etc.etc. Others but those were the first 3 I picked up out of the rack. Keepem sharp and thanks for any all info etc. on how to go about reconditioning them etc.

tubtar likes this.
  2. desmodus

desmodus Arc Sodium Administrator Lady Devil JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Hell yes, pictures please!

3. longbow

Can't upload pics cause my file attachment is to big. I cropped the pics. So any help is appreciated. keepem sharp and thanks

4. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli Super Moderator Brigade Member

I host mine on Imgur. Photobucket works too. Just try one of the FREE image hosting sites.

5. longbow

My son just tried an old Barlings pipe. Briar root with a serial number on it. Looked pretty clean so he tried it. Seemed to go well for him. Didn't turn green or nothing. Pretty good for a 10 yr old! keepem sharp

ps I'll try one of those free sites.

6. longbow

7. crogers

Put [​IMG] tags in front and behind respectively.... Make sure you're using the "Direct" tag (2nd on right)

Like this...

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2017
  8. crogers

9. longbow

Hey man thanks, so on the link I posted I just img in the front and back of the link? thanks

10. longbow

I also figured out why I couldn't get any of the bastids apart! They unscrew, what a dope. keepem sharp

11. crogers

12. OnceBitten

OnceBitten Momma said I'd go blind Brigade Member

Just upload the pics to the JD Gallery....

13. longbow

Well my son is enjoying one he picked out. Merschaum lined bowl. I cleaned it up and polished the stem pretty decent . Looked on the Tube as to how go about doing that. keepem sharp

14. tubtar

tubtar high caliber consecrator Moderator Super Moderator Brigade Member

:bwah:
    No glass dicks ?
    Ain't no pipes I ever heard of.

15. longbow

Splain your self, cause I don't understand what you mean.

16. crogers

Glass dicks = crack (or meth) pipes. :madaddy:

17. longbow

Ah, thanks, I should get out more. keepem sharp