1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Sniper Bladeworks Just Off The Bench

Sniper Bladeworks Lance Aug 30, 2009

1. Sniper Bladeworks Lance

Sniper Bladeworks Lance knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

Here are a few pics of some knives we just finished for a couple of upcoming shows. A DH and a Mini LPC both 1/8" Ti frame loocks with carbon fiber front scales. If I have posted these in the wrong place please feel free to move them. Let us know what you think and thanks for looking.
    Be safe,
    Lance

WaRiOrWoMaN and Peter Lezard like this.
  2. Sniper Bladeworks Lance

More Pics

A few more pics. I hope you all like them.
    Be safe,
    Lance

3. Mr. Andersson

Mr. Andersson Svensk DJÄVUL

Friggin wicked blade...!!

I like that design of your´s alot.....:thumbsup:

4. djc1

djc1 Little member

That one is stunning.

5. Peter Lezard

Peter Lezard Hobbit of Fortune

First of all, :welcome: to JD... Second, I'm liking what I am seeing.... More please.... :madaddy:

6. six

six straight up pimp

Nice W0rk. Tell J0dy Right 0n!

7. Parker

Parker Former Village People Roadie Knife Maker or Craftsman

Lance, the Mini LPC design is pretty nifty. I like a lot.

One of those with a G10 scale, no bolster and ti lockslab may be in order.

Get that blade either TiAin coated or have a hi-phosphorus e-nickel finish done to it, that'd really be killer.

So, since we're posting pics, how about a little background about you, your company, the blademaking and heat treat process, etc....

Devlz are demanding bitches and need to know :jdspam:

8. Sniper Bladeworks Lance

Jody Muller and I have started working together in 2006 doing hi end tactical folders. About a year ago we came up with the idea for Sniper Bladeworks, my designs his knife making skills. Jody started teaching me the knife making process and just before the Blade show this year we kicked it off. We have been doing mostly frame locks and trying to dress them up a bit.

Jody has been fulltime for approx. 5 years and has been making knives for over 20. Prior to that he was a jeweler, engraver and watch maker. I am former Law Enforcement. I did approx. 13 years full time. I started designing knives in the early 90s and got into tactical folders in 2005.

Both the knives pictured have 1095 blades and were heated to approx 1475 and normalized twice. They went back to 1475 and were quenched. They were tempered twice and then got a ton of hand rubbed love. The hamon is my favorite part of the knife making process. Sorry if that got a little long but I get excited when it comes to knives.
    Be safe,
    Lance

9. Parker

Lance, that's an excellent primer on the Sniper-B thought process. Harder-use framelocks with a pretty aspect and love of hamon.

What rockwell do these knives tend to test out at, at the edge, point and spine??

Aren't ya glad you met your new favorite little question machine?? :decisions

10. Sniper Bladeworks Lance

I will have to get back to you on that one but I am on my way to Jody's this afternoon. Jody is the ABS guy and will know. I will have an answer when I return.
    Be safe,
    Lance

11. Burchtree

Burchtree knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

Looking good Lance!

Coat over a hamon????? :devilzeek :devil1:

12. Parker

Burch, I'm ALL about performance. Corrosion prevention goes a long way with those of us who sweat alien acid.

Thanks Lance, looking forward to it.

13. Iceman

Iceman GI-NORMOUS member

diggin' the DH.

:bluedevil: :thumbsup: :bluedevil:

Thanks

14. shakie

shakie knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

Exceptional work/art !

15. westcoaster

westcoaster Average member

Both are great looking blades. Keep up the great work!

16. Foxj66

Foxj66 Little member

cant help but notice your in Kansas city also, any local shops carry your stuff? i would love to check some out firsthand
    thanks
    Jared

17. Sniper Bladeworks Lance

After conffering with Jody, Burch and the better part of a bottle of Jack Daniels the above listed formula should produce an edge of approx. 58 and a spine of approx. 45 with the edge and the tip being of similar hardness. We have been getting good performance out of our edc blades and the feed back has been good so far using this method. I have a blade that we can test to give you some exact numbers. It may be tricky to get an accurate reading on the edge because it is not flat but we will see what we can come up with. Thanks for checking out our stuff and I will let you know the results when we get back from the Chicago show, should be mid Sept.
    Be safe,
    Lance

18. six

six straight up pimp

Very Interesting.2 heavy hitters f0r advice. Right 0n.

19. Parker

Excellent, thanks Lance. Have fun in Chicago and drop me a note if you are gonna be there. I'm not in the market for any new steel directly, but I do live about half an hour from the show, maybe I can drop by on Friday morning.

20. Sniper Bladeworks Lance

I will be there Fri and half the day on Sat. We will have a few things set up at Jody's table, Muller Forge. Thanks for taking the time to check out our stuff and come see us if you get a chance.
    Be safe,
    Lance