1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Slow Death Of The Jerzee Devil

AnthonyTheAbyss Apr 8, 2022

1. spookyse7en

spookyse7en Huge member

Talking about trading cards in a thread about saving the forum. My bad.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2022
    Shawnjohn999999 likes this.
  2. Shawnjohn999999

Shawnjohn999999 Huge Member

Can't get no knives. I got some knives. Had to pay.

3. Shawnjohn999999

Spooky is on point sometimes.

4. Shawnjohn999999

Let's have a party for old school players that come back. Woohoo.

5. spookyse7en

spookyse7en Huge member

Thank you sir!

Shawnjohn999999 likes this.
  6. TheronJ

TheronJ JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Can't really force activity, and the medium of dedicated forums is sort of dying out in general. Unfortunately there isn't really anything to be done about it.

7. AnthonyTheAbyss

AnthonyTheAbyss Godzilla Size Member JDBA Official Member

I disagree that there isn't really anything to be done about it. Obviously I'm not talking about thousands and thousands of participants...maybe 50 more people contributing to conversations/posts.
    - Offer exclusive JD knives (which we've done before)
    - Offer better merch (which we've done before)
    - Offer contests (which we've done before)
    - Offer more freedom of discussion (which we've done before...both good and bad)

***Anything is better than doing nothing...which is what it feels like

8. snache

snache Should be a custom title here

There are plenty of guests on here daily, maybe some WOKE sub forums. Transgender Knife Makers, Queer everyday carry's, Transvestite Flippers.

nostimos and Samb like this.
  9. Worker

Worker Slacker Brigade Member

When I first came here this forum was basically freedom of discussion. If you were here, you know what I mean. It was hilarious. I feel it became over moderated at some point and the forum lost its edge. People want some drama.

10. Shawnjohn999999

Can't talk about knives that aren't available and not affordable.

Rio and XxGRYMMxX like this.
  11. Rio

Rio Como un angel JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman Brigade Member

Agreed , drooling gets boring fast.

12. buddy

buddy Slide to unlock JDBA Official Member

I love you too Buddy . But I always knew I was just a piece of meat to you . :wolfy:

Idk I hardly have been checking any forums like here, BF, or Usn. But there is like no activity here. JD for instance was THE PLACE for all things Balis. That is how I came here originally. Also there was always lots of picture threads, good info, makers forums, passarounds, forum only knife collabs etc. My recommendation is to get some interested makers to post on other platforms giveaway/ charity lottos where people have to come here and post pictures and winner gets picked. Just an example. USN is a good example of how strong there sub makers and company forums are with the makers/companies being involved with the boards.

Raevynheart and AnthonyTheAbyss like this.
  13. spookyse7en

spookyse7en Huge member

All the ideas we need are in this thread but the forums need an involved leader. THAT is the problem. Without that all the ideas are meaningless.

14. spookyse7en

spookyse7en Huge member

@Justus please read this thread and respond.

That would be cool.

15. Blalchawk357

Blalchawk357 JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

I much prefer this place over IG, just too busy with work these days. I do think the newbies get hurt feelings when they fail to read the rules and get called on it so they tend not to come back (which is good in a sense but bad when trying to get people). However, the problem still exists that they will just love us and leave us regardless of rules.

I remember one of my first bad experiences was from someone new on here. Made his move and left and lives on IG now.

Open the flood gates to keep it alive is an idea, but has drawbacks.

Who knows with kids these days

16. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli Super Moderator Brigade Member

There are, at this point, only 3 admins on this forum... Mr.LaBella (RIP), zogglet (last appearance 11/7/2021), and desmodus (last appearance 5/1/2020).

Justus took over with the passing of his dad, but hasn't checked in since 3/13/2022.

Apparently, someone is paying the server bill, but nothing else seems to get done. It's sad, but this may be a dying forum....

17. Samb

Samb Should be a custom title here

Great idea, give us some new meat to fuck with.

nostimos and snache like this.
  18. spookyse7en

spookyse7en Huge member

Alrighty then. thankyou for the transparency.

crogers likes this.
  19. xeodguy

xeodguy Little member

On most other knife forums, you have to purchase a membership which grants access to buy/sell. You can join the forum for free, but can't access the buying/selling area unless you pay for the privilege. Makes it less appealing for a person to join, say hello, flip a knife, then scoot.

It's hard to attract new members to forums, period. Social media has nearly eclipsed forums other than older, more dedicated folks who like the social aspect of belonging to a true forum. Easier to become part of a FB group or follow somebody on IG, and that's where most of the older makers have matriculated and the new makers go from the start: because that's where the customers are. Look at the VFW and American Legion or AMVETS, which used to have huge memberships, and nowadays mostly have barbecues as fund raisers for the few folks who show up regularly and to try and get some money from the public to keep their operations going, while they slowly slide toward oblivion. It's a societal change, and simply being the best bali forum anywhere may not be enough to get people to join. They don't "get it" like older members do - and that's true on other forums, where it's mostly the same old crowd.

It will take somebody smarter than me - not too hard to find, really - to figure out how to revitalize the forum and bring in fresh blood instead of just keeping the old blood from gradually slipping away. Sometimes, there isn't any easy answer; sometimes, there isn't an answer at all.

20. Samb

Samb Should be a custom title here

Pretty sure after you do the math the average age of the membership here is like 14 or something.