1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice
  1. bart-1

bart-1 6th degree black belt/internet fighting discipline Knife Maker or Craftsman

I got the tactical Troodon at the Blade show, tis very cool! The hand ground bowie Troodon was a gift to me from Tony. The MT tool!

[​IMG]

2. UT-II

UT-II blase blase

That doan' look like no BURN(ed) MT wrench, nosir.:jimmymac:

3. Mr.LaBella

Mr.LaBella ←The № 1 Devil→ Administrator

I need one of them tool sets!~>

4. Planterz

Planterz seriously nutz Brigade Member

I might have to get a Tactical Troodon. For a long time I was saying that MT never got it right with their DE serrated blades (50% serration on each side? WTFH for?), and they they finally did get it right with the tactical Scarab DE and UT6-II. But they had to put that urban cammo striping all over it.:upyours:

Now it's just black (DLC?), and that I can deal with. I'd prefer satin or stonewash, but I'll take black DLC.

5. TPyke

TPyke DRUNKEN MASTER

So is this where we sign up for a Microtech tool or what?

6. TPyke

TPyke DRUNKEN MASTER

oh yeah, nice knives...

7. Stabber

Stabber Stabber's Steel Connection Knife Maker or Craftsman

Nice scores there Bart1!
    It's about time Tony realizes we can take apart OUR knives:thefinger

8. xrayzebra

xrayzebra whirling dervish

I thought the same thing... the double serrated LOOKS cool, nicely symetrical, but the one side serrated seems more functional. And, the asymetry does have a wicked look, too. And, I have no use for coated blades either.

They did (or still do) make the one-side serrated in satin on both the UT and DE Scarab. I've got one of each in satin. If that's all that's keeping you from getting a DE Scarab or UT, I'll bet Bart's got some in satin on his web site.

9. MadDaddy

MadDaddy Pat in the box

Nice scores. I am really liking the bowie, the blue accents look great. The tool looks nice too.....nice tool :madaddy:

10. BenDibble

BenDibble Resident Mortician JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

i am definately loving that whole picture. :madaddy:

11. No.9

No.9 Little member

What's the deal with the MT wrench sets? I heard they were breaking left and right at Blade. To top it off they were going for $120 a pop??!! Burn's might not be as neatly packaged but they have yet to fail me and were a helluva lot cheaper. Gotta say MT makes a fine lookin' product at any rate.

ETA: wonder when the HP and damascus wrench sets will come out ;)

12. bart-1

bart-1 6th degree black belt/internet fighting discipline Knife Maker or Craftsman

Yup the tools will be re-heat treated. Pricey yup but for the whole package $120.00 was the retail, not sure what a dealer would get them for yet. I spent $50.95 for 3 burn tips shipped with a postal MO. This set up is a lot nicer, how $$$ much nicer? We will find out.

13. MicroFanatic

MicroFanatic the real deal

Great looking pieces Bob! A nice gesture on Tony's behalf...very well deserved. Really like that DE serrated/plain Troodon! :madaddy:

14. ericsgreen

ericsgreen know your enemy

I gots to ask why the fuck tony would put these tamper resistant screws on knives, and THEN sell a bit set so we can tamper with them...I thought tony got his from burn and it all made sense, now a MT wrench.

Its always getting better and better:thefinger , why not just go back to something serviceable by all of us...Im too chicken anyhow, but pivots at least...we all know what voiding a warranty is.

it feels like a ploy to make more money, I know it is just demand...I still want one:jdvomit: but youd think he couldve just sold the bits to fit any standard driver for drastically less.

15. TPyke

TPyke DRUNKEN MASTER

They're kinda handy when shipping across certain borders.:jdwink2:
    Plus I find they look so much better than torx.

16. BowtownBlade

BowtownBlade Brigade Member Brigade Member

when I first saw it I thought it was something to clean my nose with, not a wrench kit.... seesh :bwah: !