1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Sisters' newest 63 Split Window Vette

AJD1 Apr 12, 2011

1. AJD1

AJD1 Prince Of Darkness Brigade Member

Went to stay w. wifey,in West Palm for XMAS,as we do every year, at my sisters new place she bought,right after my last round of treatments was over this past December..

I was sick most of the time i was there so didn't do much but puke and sleep..

They just finished,after 7 years,building this 63 Vette ground up so took a few shots of it,plus their 64',69' and 07' convertables.Enjoy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Their pride and joy,w/ license plate "RDNCK"(Bro in law from Alabama)is this 69 done up w/ 502c.i.d.,blower,sidepipes took over 10 years and placed 1st many times..This was at Carlile PA

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

64 Convertable

[​IMG]

07 Convertable

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2011
    cdhumiston likes this.
  2. Clydetz

Clydetz Forever straight and true Brigade Member

Somebody is livin' right! [​IMG]

3. AJD1

Wish it were me!!!

I got to take it from West Palm,with the wife,to visit a childhood friend i grew up with,in Miami,so had a blast and got alot of stares...

My sis was petrified the whole day we were gone,picturing what my bro in law would do,if we brought 100k+ and 7 years worth of his blood sweat and tears,back in pieces..

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2011
  4. maui4lowry

maui4lowry Zombie Eradicator Extraordinaire

I'd take the 350 dually over that '07 vette any day, but you bring in the 63 split window well then there is a hard choice.....

5. cdhumiston

cdhumiston Huge member

SWEET RIDES!!! I have 2004 the same color as that 63. But color is the only comparison...nothing beats a 63 Splint Window!

Here is a pic of mine...

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2011
  6. AJD1

God,that 04 would look nice parked next to the 63',wouldn't it??

Very impressive CDHUM!!

Maui-Very perceptive to notice his Dually in the background..GOOD EYES!!

7. cdhumiston

cdhumiston Huge member

They would all look nice sitting in my driveway...The 63 Split Window is one of the Corvette lovers Holy Grail! Another being the 67 427-435 hp. They did an awesome job on that one. I love to see people put their heart and soul into the car.

I love all Vettes and have wanted one for years. I finally convinced the wife to get mine when I turned 50. The price was right and hell I get 27mpg on the freeway!

Here is my 67 Camaro I restored from ground up. I found at least 3 complete mice skeletons in the back seat when I got it.

[​IMG]

8. AJD1

CDHUM-I LOVE that Camaro!!!!!!!

I had a 67 Mustang F/B,back in the mid 80's,which i traded for a 67 Firebird convert and then sold it and wish i never did..

Thats the "micest" one i have ever seen,seriously :devilzeek

I always wanted a car w/ hide-away headlamps..

Congrats CD and you should be very proud of that accomplishment my friend..Seriously...

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2011
  9. cdhumiston

cdhumiston Huge member

Thanks, I appreciate the kind words. It took my wife and I almost 3 years to see the restoration through. We did almost everything ourselves, except that beautiful paint job. It was a lot of hard work, but a lot of fun and the whole family got involved.

Here is a picture of the car when I first got it..

[​IMG]

10. Uncle_Jarvis

Uncle_Jarvis Should be a custom title here

Nice ... thats one of my favorite years of the Corvette

11. Burchtree

Burchtree knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

That split-window is iconic. One of my favorite vettes. :)

12. Gecko

Gecko The Hessian Brigade Member

Damn,
    back then they know how a car has to look like!:devil1:

Thanks for showing,
    Pit

13. Kinnear Knife

Kinnear Knife Huge member

Nice!

Thanks for the tour of the neighbourhood where the other 99.9% of the world lives. Sweet ride!

Hope you feel better soon.

Have a good one!

14. Kura

Kura The Devil’s bloodline

ok...more people to ad to the I hate the sob's that get all the toys list

15. cdhumiston

cdhumiston Huge member

A 67 Mustang and the a 67 Firebird, Wow both awesome cars. It would be nice if we could have back the cars we let go when we were younger...

16. AJD1

yes,it would be nice to have ALOT ofthings we had we we were younger,right??

17. Kura

Kura The Devil’s bloodline

I had a 67 firebird convertable with a 326 leather and loaded new out the door $3,650

18. slw

slw Huge member Lady Devil

I love the corvettes and the camaro!! They sure don't make cars like they used to.

19. Jackal

Jackal Huge member

This. :devilzeek NICE old vettes though.

20. waterdogs

waterdogs Brigade Member Brigade Member

For me, that body style (`63-`67) will always be THE perfect Corvette....they were just so crisp and clean. Back in the day, my landlady`s son bought a Daytona Blue `65 roadster, 365 HP 327, 4-speed....I remember (vividly) how that thing broke the back tires loose shifting into second gear under full throttle.... :-)