1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

SilencerCO SS Sparrow

clockwork477 Dec 27, 2013

1. TheBadGuy

TheBadGuy NATURE'S FINEST Super Moderator

I should be sighting in my Savage right now but instead I just ordered my FOURTH pair of scope rings for this rifle and wouldn't get them till next week. First I ordered a pair of Vortex low scope rings. While I ordered 1" rings, I received 30 mm rings in the mail. I returned those and decided to go with a trusted and true ring, Burris Signature Zees which I have on a couple different rifle. Got those and duhhh, its not a Weaver base but rather a Picatinny base. I then had a set of AccShot rings overnighted to me so I could get the scope mounted yesterday. Well they showed and I just wasn't happy with them. They were cheap and size medium which put the scope too high for my liking. So now I ordered a pair of Burris Xtreme low rings. I think these should be the winners. At least I hope so because I don't like the pattern these prices are going. I went from $20 rings, to $42 rings to $15 rings to $58 rings. I'll post pictures once I get it together.

2. TheBadGuy

All done. I am bore sighted and ready to try out this afternoon

[​IMG]

3. Masharp81

Masharp81 Angelus Mortis JDBA Official Member

Very nice! Looking forward to to hearing how it went :thumbsup: .. Hope you are pleased with the results.

4. clockwork477

clockwork477 Huge member

Sweet!! So the Burris Xtreme low rings were the winner?

5. TheBadGuy

Yes they were. I like them a lot. I have a pair on a Remingon 700 SPS Tactical I have but I thought they were a little too over built for a .22. But I dig them. The scope sits very low to the barrel and cheek wield is perfect. It is SO hot out today I haven't braved the back porch yet to do any shooting. It was 97 f today and I am not down for that kind of heat. :unintroduced:

6. TheBadGuy

Happy Days!!! I called ATF today and was informed that Ti 7.62 Phantom was approved July 1st. I figure my dealer should have letter on Tuesday. Perfect timing as I just installed Timney trigger on my bolt gun and got barrel back threaded with QD muzzle brake from YHM on Wednesday.

7. clockwork477

clockwork477 Huge member

:confetti:Gongrats man!:confetti: More pics please!

A LGS has a Savage MkII FV-SR for around $270.00. Sound right to you? What do you think of yours?

8. TheBadGuy

I love mine. Great gun with threaded bull barrel, nice integrated scope mount, detachable magazine, nice oversized bolt knob and adjustable trigger. Factory stock sucks though, so consider the cost of a third party stock into the gun. I paid $235 tax included out the door. Buds Gun Shop plus 15 transfer fee was around same price but found it local for around that price.

9. TheBadGuy

Clockwork, I know you have to have this bad boy by now right? What do you think? I went today and bought a Osprey 45. The wait begins!! :ropeman::unintroduced:

10. clockwork477

clockwork477 Huge member

I just called the ATF and they said it was approved 10/3/14. Two weeks ago!?! I just called my SOT and they said "let me check. . . . yeah you can come pick it up.":strangle: This WILL be addressed upon my arrival.

Going to pick it up on my lunch break today. I can't freaking wait! :manganr:

I will give a range report hopefully tomorrow or Sunday.

11. TheBadGuy

Awesome. Same thing happened to me. Dealers got their money so they don't have any sympathy for the time we waited. Yours has probably been waiting for you for 10 days or more. Congrats!!!