1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

SilencerCO SS Sparrow

clockwork477 Dec 27, 2013

1. clockwork477

clockwork477 Huge member

I have not called yet. I told myself I would wait until March. Should I call now or is it too soon?

Yeah the Bobcat looked cool and I know they make Crimson Trace grips for it. It is the only one of the bunch that does not come with a threaded barrel but I found this site.

http://hi-desertdog.com/beretta-21a-bobcat.html Bobcat.jpg

2. TheBadGuy

TheBadGuy NATURE'S FINEST Super Moderator

I call every couple weeks because I can't keep it out of my mind. Always get someone different on the phone, it always goes the same way. I tell them I m calling to check on the status of an application. They ask for serial number, I give it and they give me status. Usually just pending date and estimate wait.

3. clockwork477

clockwork477 Huge member

Just called the ATF today and they said my paperwork went in on Feb 28 and said it should be mailed back to me by December. :cry:

4. TheBadGuy

As I sit here typing this, I look to the side and see my brand new SilencerCo Sparrow looking back at me :)

Called the ATF today for my monthly check, and was told my Sparrow was approved May 6th. Called my dealer and after looking around he found approval letter which came right before the holiday. Drove about 90 mph to pick it up :devilzeek

Already shot with it on my 10/22 and my MK III. It is quieter than my pellet gun :thumbsup:

5. TheBadGuy

By the way Clockwork447, I was alittle worried about the Sparrow with the SXB barrel and it was all for not. It was very easy to thread and unthread. No problems at all

[​IMG]

6. falcon125

falcon125 the express train to mayhem Brigade Member

Congrats
    Enjoy enjoy

7. Mikey66

Mikey66 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

This is my Glock 22 with a Gemtech Tundra. The can I have should not be cleaned. Your wait time will be about a year. Mine was 11 months. Shortly before I applied, the wait was merely six months, but after the Sandyhook massacre that changed. It was also in the ensuing months after the Sandyhook massacre that I could not find the correct 22 rounds to break in my Sig Mosquito. I needed CCI Minimag 22LR as that's all it would eat. It took me almost as long to find 300 rounds of the aforementioned ammo to break in my Mosquito as it did for me to get the friggin can. Only advice I can give to those getting an NFA is write personal checks to ATFE and make sure to keep your account flush. When those checks are cashed you know that you will be getting your cans, it's just a matter of time. The big hump is the investigation by your local LE and signature by the sheriff. If that happens your most probably going to be able to get the item in question. Best of luck. If you want to see a good example of the proper safety etiquette for using a suppressor, see the movie Air America.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2014
  8. clockwork477

clockwork477 Huge member

Dude, congrats!! I am green with jealous rage right now.

Sorry I did not check this sooner but work has been hell the past 2 weeks.

That's great news about the SXB barrel, it looks so good that I'm going to buy one now.

It's a good thing you called because it sounds like it may have been sitting around awhile had you not. Did you notice a first round pop? What ammo did you use? What was your total wait time?

9. clockwork477

clockwork477 Huge member

Looking good :thumbsup:

I wrote a personal check and I noticed they cashed it within 48 hours of arrival. I turns out ( in the southwest part of the US) all your paperwork goes to a bank in Georgia first, then God knows where.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2014
  10. TheBadGuy

Total wait time from paperwork to the house was 8 Months with days. I have only used Federal Bulk hollow point and CCI Quiets. Never noticed first round pop with quotes at all but did once with Federal. Quiets will not cycle in either of my semi autos so I need to seek out more sub sonic till I find ones that do.

11. clockwork477

clockwork477 Huge member

http://www.gem-tech.com/store/pc/SILENCER-SUBSONIC-22LR-AMMUNITION-32p470.htm

I have hear good things about this ammo.

What is your next host?

12. TheBadGuy

Today I ordered a Muller APV 4x14 scope, rings and a Boyd Tacticool stock. Tomorrow I will pick up a Savage MkII FV-SR. Still want a Walther PPK .22 too but after this Savage I need to get some of my .308 and .223 rifles ready for my Ti Phantom

13. TheBadGuy

14. clockwork477

clockwork477 Huge member

That's going to be whisper quiet.:manganr: Pics please!

15. TheBadGuy

Hey,

I never got a chance to stop by the gun shop and will have to try to get by this week. They had one in stock on Friday so hopefully it stays put otherwise I'll order one off Buds Gun Shop for the same price but with a small wait for shipping. I should take possession of the stock, scope and rings by the end of the week and hopefully have it all together to site in next weekend. I'll start a new thread then with photos and a review.

Hopefully I can try to get a video of shooting it posted too so you can sort of hear the loveliness of it. I know that with my 10/22 when I shoot into the ground (Not metal ping from hitting bullet trap) you can hear the firing pin click. It's ridiculous. It really spoils me and I sense I will have major disappointment with my Ti Phantom when I put it on a .223 or .308 as it is going to still be loud. I plan to get one more, a Advanced Armament 45 suppressor and then I'll be squared away. Maybe try to get a SBR or two in then. I'd love to shorten my PS-90.

Thanks
    Jason

16. clockwork477

clockwork477 Huge member

That would be badass!:thumbsup:

Did you notice any improvement in accuracy with the SXB barrel? I was thinking about getting a threaded KIDD barrel for my 10/22 until now.

I held a Savage MkII FV-SR at the local Sportsman Warehouse yesterday and they had two in stock so check there if you have one close by. I wanted it bad but I bought a threaded Ruger SR-22 instead. Sad cause I don't even want to shoot it until I get my Sparrow. . . . but I will.:ropeman:

17. TheBadGuy

I didn't shoot the 10/22 with that barrel before I got the Sparrow. I actually sighted it in with the Sparrow so I can't speak for how it effected groups.

I got the Savage on Monday, the Boyd stock today and tomorrow I should receive the scope and rings. So I'll be all set to sight it in on Saturday.

18. Masharp81

Masharp81 Angelus Mortis JDBA Official Member

Sounds like this is going to be fantastic.. It would be sweet if you do get an opportunity to fire a few rounds on film. I've never had a chance to fire anything with a suppressor, and I'd be very interested to see how quiet it is. I'd also love to see the results on the .308 :devilwag: ... This thread is making me envious of you, clockwork, and Mikey :manganr:

19. clockwork477

clockwork477 Huge member

FL is a silencer friendly state, join the game! :madaddy: http://www.silencershop.com/

Masharp81 likes this.
  20. Masharp81

Masharp81 Angelus Mortis JDBA Official Member

Nice.. Definitely need to look into this.. Thanks for the info! :thumbsup: