1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Show me your... Matt Cook custom bali

BaliFatigue Jul 6, 2012

1. Ronin0821

Ronin0821 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

I would get over that pinching part. The tach I was always against but it flips very nice. The pinch only happens sometimes maybe. Maybe shave that part down because it flips awesome. I finally bought knew and was amazed.

2. hAtty 42

hAtty 42 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Got my AB and Tach2 back from Matt today and think they came out great! Both got a hollow grind and rounded handles, pocket clip on the beast. Also have the 42 and 43 done by Matt. :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2014
  3. nuts4knives

nuts4knives JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Looks SWEET! Lakers or Vikings AB

4. hAtty 42

Thanks!

The AB has both blue and purple in it. Sometimes blue looks purple in pictures depending on your lighting. The T2 is all blue .

5. truepaganini

truepaganini JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Kinda looks like the rainbowfly of AB's. Very nice spa's.

6. FLAWLS1

FLAWLS1 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Awesome spa jobs. Does the spa jobs ever wear off at all?

7. nuts4knives

nuts4knives JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

If your talking about the anodizing the answer is yes. It will scratch off if you scratch it. It'd probably take a very long time for it to wear the oxidization layer off by just handling though if ever.

8. FLAWLS1

FLAWLS1 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Bump! I'd love to see more. Does Matt still post here these days?

Ronin0821 likes this.
  9. VANELLI

VANELLI JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

10. Vampill

Vampill Preschooler JDBA Official Member

I haven't handled many balisongs but the ones I always get pinched by are the Kimura and 47. I have a 40TR but its coating is much more forgiving when it pinches in the tang area.

Maybe I just work too close to the tang, but the AB's square handles at the tang never pinched me.

***I'm not trying to go off topic, but I don't have any MC spa jobs :(

11. Ronin0821

I got both of those knives the AB and the tach tanto handles rounded. For a smoother flip. I was also the guy that was against the tach 2 but I think she flips extremely well. I bought it one day and love the power of the flip it has its pretty bad ass. I never get pinched really maybe with the AB sometimes. Not often but I feel it a little. I would definitely flip the tach tho and that's coming from someone who never wanted one and with the rounded handles what a dream.

12. hAtty 42

It feels weird flipping the AB after getting the handles rounded. Its like a completely different knife, I really like it though.

13. Ronin0821

I think both are killer feeling. I got the clip put on so there was some shaving of the handles and rounding. I think even more tapering. I was talking to Matt yesterday and we were well I asked what it took to do the clip because I got the Rest of my knives done by him. So I was wondering about some clips and other things. So now all my knives are done by him my AA is getting a brand new ss bowie blade with I think purple anno and he's doing a design on the handles it should be back this upcoming week. I asked him to go all out on that so that will be the last one I have to get done. Then I only have 2 customs and the rest are MC custom and every other Bali is spa and redone by Matt. It's a beautiful picture when I open my knife roll seeing all those colors.

14. twirl

twirl Hom Designs JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

I have the knife siblings of some of those!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

buddy and wcjohn like this.
  15. MTXCraze

MTXCraze I flip therefore I am JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

:devilzeekbring that 47 to the office next time :manganr:

16. hAtty 42

Very nice! I really like the blade on your AB! Looks like it must be one of the originals done by Matt, has the different angle/swedge on the tip?

That 47 looks awesome too!:thumbsup:

MTXCraze likes this.
  17. laughingbuddha

laughingbuddha JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

It's one of the five mutants done by Chuck G.

18. hAtty 42

Oh cool, I don't think I've seen any of the Chuck G mutants. Mine is pretty similar to it, wasn't intentional.. Just picked a random color scheme.

[​IMG]

19. laughingbuddha

laughingbuddha JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

I should have explained a bit better.

When BRS did their second run of mid-techs (20) they gave an extra 5 to Chuck G to mutate. Chuck did some different blade profiles, ano'd the spacers on a couple... but otherwise they were similar to the other mid-techs (he did nothing to the handles slabs or latch).

[​IMG]

This is the mutant that I had.

[​IMG]

Some of the people decided to mutate their Chuck G mutants further. Jerry has obviously had MC work on his and I've seen others who have had the handle slabs "chipped" an ano'd purple.

20. Ronin0821

Yea those are some sweet pics. When you say different angles Matt always loves to tapper the handles of the bali. Hard to do you have to figure out the slope for that small area pretty nice how he does it. I live seeing all these pics, all my balis are done by Matt except for my customs that might even go to him. But anyone selling any MC stuff just throw me a pm I buy all of his stuff well try and trade whoever I can find that has stuff they want to off just letting you guys know.

I cannot wait my Arc Angel has been with him since Tuesday getting a new ss bowie blade, anno and he is putting a design I think on the handles. I can not wait to see what the AA looks like. I always say do what you think whatever comes to your head. It's always amazing. I'm glad I stated this thread you guys have beautiful knives.