1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Should I pull the trigger on the doggy shotty of my dreams?

PNWJimbo Sep 29, 2016

1. PNWJimbo

PNWJimbo Stoned Adventurer Brigade Member

JD 2A Brothers, I need your help again (and thanks in advance as always! Love this sub forum lol)

I'm a dog nut and a knife nut and a gun nut, and I think these things go great together. My pup is my pride and joy. I'm currently hunting down a GEC 33 dog paw knife just to commemorate our special friendship. Looking for over unders on arms list, I happened upon this beauty:

[​IMG]

"hi folks I have brand new in box never fired beautiful shotgun for sale. It is Remington 870 wing master American Classic in 12 gauge and has 28'' vent rib blued barrel. It has a walnut but stock and forend. Milled receiver with nice golden engraving and on one side of receiver a golden labre dog engraved Trigger is gold plated it is over all a beautiful gun.if any one has browning over and under citory 725 feiled grade in 12gauge for trade those are welcome. I bought this from cabelas last year I have the receipt in hand I paid allmost $ 1300 for this. Thanks "

He has it listed at a price of $1099 on arms list, and through our emails, I've talked him down to $900 but he won't budge from there. And that's with me also paying the $50 dollar transfer fee (thanks obama). So what do you guys think? I know I could find one for less than that, but do you think I'd ever find a gun of this quality at a better price? I feel like if it's something I'm going to carry around with me in the woods while hunting for years and years, I might not mind spending a few hundred extra to truly enjoy it. Thoughts?

taoist likes this.
  2. KAZ2

KAZ2 Huge member

I love the 870 Wingmasters, and that is a really fine example! Most se an 870 in the ads and don't realize the vast difference in the Express and other versions made without the Wingmasters attention to quality. I hope that you are able to acquire it. I only have three LOL, and none are as nice as that one from a beauty standpoint. Regards

3. PNWJimbo

4. PNWJimbo

My only concern is that it is a single barrel shotgun and I was really thinking of getting a double. What do you guys think?

5. Mike Grasso

Mike Grasso "to protect and to serve" Super Moderator Brigade Member

Do what makes you happy...

6. SlightChance

SlightChance Miller's Maddness JDBA Official Member

Wing masters are NICE. I have handled a few while bull shitting at guns shows and the actions felt so slick.

I think you would do just fine with a wing master instead of a double, but there are a lot of nice doubles out there. I am almost positive that you can find a double with a dog on it.

I probably wouldn't hunt with one myself, but I cried a little when I dropped my m70 feather light.

7. PS-RagE

PS-RagE "R" for Adventure JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

I'm thinking that after you buy this you'll still want a double.

8. PNWJimbo

If this weren't so true I'd have bought it already. I think I'm going to hunt down a double I like instead :thumbsup:

I'll come back for the wingmaster some day maybe :manganr:

9. PS-RagE

PS-RagE "R" for Adventure JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

I don't know shit about guns but I know all about wanting stuff :manganr:

10. Sheldon_Wickersham

Sheldon_Wickersham Blue Star Knives Knife Maker or Craftsman

Bingo. :thumbsup:

If it talks to you, it always will. Get over the price; price means little in life.

11. falcon125

falcon125 the express train to mayhem Brigade Member

Some people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.
    Its a beautiful piece. Buy it. Then wait on a double that you like.

12. PNWJimbo

100% agree. I've spent or wasted an extra $50-100 so many times in my life already that to cough it up for something I know I would love and enjoy for years, I should just do it :) And I am sure that thing is an over under now :bwah:

I would totally buy both but I still need to get my octane!!! :unintroduced:

EDIT: and I did just buy a 2nd AR on Tuesday after watching the debate Monday night :thumbsup:

13. Shike

Shike knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

The voice of reason:thumbsup:

PNWJimbo likes this.
  14. PNWJimbo

That's why I add that guy to my friends list. Need someone to make sure I don't get into too much trouble on this site :bwah:

15. nostimos

nostimos JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

If you can afford both, and the Wingmaster is genuinely calling to you (and not just an impulse buy) GET IT!

It's worth getting both since they are two different animals.

I personally think a quality over/under with dog scenes would be way better.
    Had a chance to get an old Belgian Browning O/U for $500 in the 90's.
    Regret not buying it now and again.
    Although, I probably would of sold it by now. :devilroll:

16. taoist

taoist taoist JDBA Official Member

Truth.

17. PNWJimbo

Been eyeing a 101 Pigeon Grade at the pawn store around the corner... might get that on Monday. Gonna sleep on it.

Also emailed the guy back about the wingmaster to see if its still available... :devilwag:

18. KAZ2

KAZ2 Huge member

I love the 870 and the one you posted is the best I've seen, but I can understand the lust for a Pigeon Grade :thumbsup:

19. PNWJimbo

The pigeon grade is actually in really good condition and listed at $1150... i might even be able to talk them down from there too. I can get the 870 for $800... but i can't get both :cry:

Both seem like very good deals