1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Shotgun suppressor

ls1mtz Jul 22, 2014

1. ls1mtz

ls1mtz JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Has anyone seen this yet? Would make a long day of shooting clays much more pleasurable! [video]http://www.silencerco.com/salvo[/video]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2014
  2. D2AP

D2AP Better than gold or platinum

It's bad ass, I saw it earlier today.

3. Stabber

Stabber Stabber's Steel Connection Knife Maker or Craftsman

$1400 and 2 LBS, They can keep it:devilroll:

4. Tinysd

Tinysd Skull Cracker Brigade Member

That is a lot of weight.

5. fod

fod Hand of the Box Master Knife Maker or Craftsman

Should help with your follow through. . .:bwah:

6. ls1mtz

ls1mtz JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

The length, weight and price is ridiculous but I like the concept. Now they need to get in with a good manufacturer or market to all a integrally suppressed shotgun with the barrel length of 16" at the minimum amount of baffles and then add on to that for whatever barrel length you want. Also screw on end cap for chokes or a muzzle device that will dig in to blow door locks etc.

7. begreen61

begreen61 Deadicated JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

If im coming at you with a shotgun bet your ass I want you to know what im gunning you for KKKBooom .Supprsser would be cool on a rifle.

8. clockwork477

clockwork477 Huge member

I like the variable length idea and I think it attaches using choke threads. Also, it looked like the guy shooting was not wearing any ear protection so it must pretty quiet. I heard it was around 137 decibel which is still loud. I was wondering when someone would come out with one. I hear the movie No Country for Old Men started people asking about it.

9. Stabber

Stabber Stabber's Steel Connection Knife Maker or Craftsman

I remember Will Hayden (Sons of Guns/Red Jacket) built a Shotty Suppressor that worked well

10. JannieBunny

JannieBunny Huge member Lady Devil

Their video is a bit misleading, and their specs are lacking crucial information.

In the video, they are using low brass target loads, which are also subsonic. I wish they had demonstrated the suppressor with regular high brass 00 buck and slugs, which are also supersonic.

Their specs do not identify what kind of load was used for the sound measurements. It makes a difference, low brass vs. high brass, as the gas volume output of the latter is much greater, as would be the sonic booms created by the individual projectiles in flight.

It's a bit like watching a video of someone rapid firing their Saiga 12 with a 20 rd. drum and appearing to stay on target, and noticing that he's only firing low brass shells. Looks cool, but not exactly an accurate depiction of actual performance with meaningful rounds.

Just my two cents.

Cheers,

J. :rozz:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2014
  11. TheBadGuy

TheBadGuy NATURE'S FINEST Super Moderator

I am a Silencerco fan and I want one. Mine would go on a UTS-15 or a KSG which are both bullpups with weight distribution to the rear which would counteract the additional weight. The price is MSRP and will likely be around $1000 or so. Next is a Silencerco 45 Osprey, but after that, if the demand isn't still to high for this one, its coming to daddy!