1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Shipping a Bali to Hawaii, risks?

Ikani Nov 12, 2017

1. Ikani

Ikani Little Member

So I have bought two balis from bladeplay a few years ago, a ccc and a kimura. I got them both fine, no problem. About a year down the line I bought a spydie from AssFlo and I got that one too.
    The thing is Balisongs are illegal here and as far as I know, were the only state where it is, so Im confused as to how I got them, was I lucky? Im looking to buy a BRS BB 2.0 when it drops and The main questions I wan to ask is : Is there any way, during placing an order, that BladeHQ will not ship me it because of where I live (CS says they will ship if its legal for me to receive)? Is there any point in the transit process that UPS/USPS/Possibly Fedex can find my knife, and not let it get to me?
    I know these may seem like things I should already know being Im not exactly new to the game but I honestly just dont, and I dont want to invest in a more expensive bali (most Ive spent is $140) and not even get it.
    Thanks.

2. buddy

buddy Slide to unlock JDBA Official Member

I quickly looked up the law and yes it seems balisongs are illegal in Hawaii. On why you got them, well there are millions upon millions of mail going at every second of every day. Your mail is not going to get checked, plus it is a federal offense to open usps mail unless they have a warrant. Finally it is not up to the seller/shipper to know your state's laws.

Now I am not telling you to brake any laws, just answering your questions.

Ikani likes this.
  3. begreen61

begreen61 Deadicated JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

You ever feel you need help I'm willing to take apart and ship to you in 2 separate boxes . sending parts I am not braking any laws what you do after that I don't need to know ,,,walk in peace with balance and Respect,,,,,gary

RexRippin, Ikani and tonk like this.
  4. skyblue

skyblue JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Make sure that the senders do not have anything on the declarations box that indicates knife, balisong or anything like that. Something like 'handmade tools', 'handmade souvenir', 'kitchen utensil', 'kitchen tool' (which it technically is) is not lying about the contents.

Ikani likes this.
  5. Ikani

Ikani Little Member

Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
  6. FlyGuy

FlyGuy Brigade Member JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Bringing this thread back to life. I've been reading the Hawaii laws and am still not clear on some of it. I know they are illegal to own and to transport "in state". Would I be breakin the law if I shipped one there, or is the buyer the only one breaking the law? Screenshot_20181213-105131_Chrome.jpg

7. Linos

Linos baliholickydexbender JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

it`s misdemeanor anyway...just hide them from your wife`s divorce lawyer

8. AnthonyTheAbyss

AnthonyTheAbyss Godzilla Size Member JDBA Official Member

Either way a law is being broken. Stay away from the path of the dark side young Padawan.

***Fear --> Anger --> Hate --> Suffering

desmodus and crogers like this.
  9. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli Super Moderator Brigade Member

Butt*, the dark side has the cookies!

10. metlman

metlman JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Time to move to a knife friendly state, or see if you could get a Concealed Weapon Permit..
    In many jurisdictions weapons permit holders can also carry many types of knives.