1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Sheaths for a couple of J's knives

John M Cohea Oct 12, 2009

1. John M Cohea

John M Cohea Little member

Here.s a couple I just finished up. The first one is for the litle deer leg necker J had on display at the art gallery. The sheath is made from veg-tan, covered in rawhide on the back, and smoked braintanned bucksin for the front panels and fringe. The front flap is hair on deerleg rawhide with the dew claws attached, and the belt loop is also hair on deer leg rawhide. The removable neck lanyard is also braintanned buckskin, just a grayer color.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The next knife was sent to me by a customer of J's. This sheath is rawhide over veg-tan, and has a matching stag concho, deerskin fringe, tin cones, trade beads, and snake vertabrae. I also put a matching lanyard and stag bead on the knife.
    The sheath is left to right crossdraw, as requested by the customer.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. mtnfolk mike

mtnfolk mike Archer-Leatherworker Knife Maker or Craftsman

wow.. absolutely amazing work John..:devilzeek

3. J. Neilson

J. Neilson Caught in the Mosh Knife Maker or Craftsman

And he does it again.... very nice John. Can't wait to get her home and add her to the listing. Thanks again.

4. John M Cohea

Thanks Mike and J. J, if you think it looks good, wait till you smell it. That smoked braintaanned buckskin will give you a sudden craving for a BLT:demented:

dfarmerknives likes this.
  5. dfarmerknives

dfarmerknives Tattoo Man says Knife Maker or Craftsman

Beautiful work!!!! (from both of you!)

6. jawilliams0425

jawilliams0425 knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

:devilzeek:devilzeek:devilzeek

7. BennytheBlade

BennytheBlade LUC4 JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

What we really need is for you to get together w/ J. and do a really good traditional 'hawk. Maybe not TOO traditional *cough*damascus*cough* but something along those lines.:madaddy:

Great stuff.

8. J. Neilson

J. Neilson Caught in the Mosh Knife Maker or Craftsman

Oh, I like that idea! I'm working on a full tang Bowie right now that John's going to do some killer sheath work on for me. The Bowie is forged from W2 with a cool hamon and forged flats. The handle has a coffin profile and will have wrought iron bolsters and ancient oak scales with some copper accents.

... maybe a dammy hawk next?

9. RoadFish

RoadFish Cathar Knight

Really quite beautiful work. I love the traditional looks.

10. John M Cohea

Anything is possible! I'm game if J is.

11. BennytheBlade

BennytheBlade LUC4 JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

Bring it to Arkansas :devil1: