1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in (Resetting your password should do "the trick") OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice
  1. El Gringo

El Gringo dashing devil

IMG_1057.JPG IMG_1058.JPG IMG_1059.JPG IMG_1060.JPG IMG_1061.JPG IMG_1063.JPG IMG_1064.JPG IMG_1065.JPG

Tip.. when you're done; re-lather and do it again ( if you want to be anal about it ). Which we all are on occasion.

Gravedigger and KaliKid like this.
  2. KaliKid

KaliKid Brigade Member Brigade Member

Now that is an awesome setup! I have not tried Tabac yet? What are your thoughts on it? Also, I like your STOTD. I have done that many a time for sure! Also, your Clubman collection is spot on! Thank you for sharing this. :)

3. El Gringo

El Gringo dashing devil

Tabac… shave soap, aftershave, and cologne . All are a 'must have' in my opinion.
    Also I must mention Speick… the aftershave … once you try it, you'll always want some on hand.

To add... that Clubman Whiskey Woods is being used up rapidly... I'll be ordering up more in short order!

KaliKid likes this.
  4. Gravedigger

Gravedigger JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Awesome post and great pics!

KaliKid likes this.
  5. KaliKid

Thanks to you Sir, I see three new items in my next order. I wanted to try that Whiskey Woods but they were out of it. I had ordered the Special Reserve and it is pretty good. Thanks for the input! :)

El Gringo likes this.
  6. KaliKid

Had a shave with Gillette Blue Silvers today. Where have you been all my life?! Talk about an effortless shave in a slant razor.

K Wiliams and Gravedigger like this.
  7. wes

wes Mephistopheles Super Moderator Brigade Member

El Gringo, K Wiliams and crogers like this.
  8. BennytheBlade

BennytheBlade Fate is Inexorable JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

No info from me but please report your findings if you go for it.

9. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli Brigade Member

When I was in High School, aside from dodging dinosaurs, I used to spend time at my friend's house. His mother was a beautician with a shop in their basement. She had the disposable blade straight razor, although, I am unsure of the brand name.

I attempted to shave with it once. It was muy sharp, as could be attested by the blood trail from the shop's bathroom to the kitchen.

I don't recall anything about the quality of the shave, just the blood... lots and lots of blood! [​IMG]

Butt*, I healed up and you can barely see the scar! :bwah:

Good luck in your quest.

Gravedigger likes this.
  10. Gravedigger

I've never tried that but looks pretty cool. Based on the Japanese Kamisori razors which I'm dying to get my hands on one of these days.

K Wiliams likes this.
  11. Gravedigger

I found the Mecca of shaving soaps/creams in NYC. Endless shelves of products and frankly quite daunting. Here's a few items I scored. I couldn't get the image sizing right butt... you get the idea. :ronl::ronl::ronl:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 24, 2019
  12. K Wiliams

K Wiliams Little member JDBA Official Member

13. K Wiliams

Let me guess... Pasteur Pharmacy.

Gravedigger likes this.
  14. K Wiliams

Some recent purchases...

The Body Shop Maca Root & Aloe shave cream.

A birth year Gillette Super Speed razor.

Australian Private Reserve Fougère Trois shave soap & aftershave.

20190425_215713.jpg

20190424_231915.jpg

20190405_191854.jpg

Gravedigger and El Gringo like this.
  15. K Wiliams

Brad Sears Chichester shave brush with a 26mm super badger hybrid knot.

20190304_144201.jpg

20190304_144131.jpg

Gravedigger likes this.
  16. K Wiliams

Looks like the CJB GR-100B is pretty inexpensive on Maggard Razors. Good choice to see if you like using a Kamisori or not.

Gravedigger likes this.
  17. Gravedigger

Hahahaha. Yes!! You nailed it! I had no idea it was even there.

18. gregc

gregc Little Member

I use a nice double edge by merkur. I have a Japanese feather straight style razor with disposable blades that is dangerous. Don't use that so much.

El Gringo likes this.